main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crimson Empire III rumours, facts, info (also: Luke v Kir Kanos speculation)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by tanjokabri, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    I've recently started reading comics, and so i haven't been keeping up to date with the whole crimson empire fiasco...

are they still actually doing crimson empire 3? when is it going to be out? what do we know about it?

speculation is also welcome... :)

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    It was cancelled i belive...

3. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    really? last i heard it was in production limbo... how sad if you're right...

oh well, we can still speculate about what could have been...

4. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    hmm... found something interesting in Timetales... under their 'cancelled series' section, it says this (i assume it's speculation):

?Crimson Empire III.?
    Kir Kanos is about to finish his mission ? but not before duelling with his, and the Empire?s, arch - enemy, Luke Skywalker?
    (PLANNED COMIC SERIES?Dark Horse Comics--????--??? ???, not cancelled, in production limbo)

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    It was in limbo, but Randy Stradley, who wrote the first 2, is now the head editor for SW Comics at Dark Horse, so there's a good chance it'll be out this year. Rumour has it that it'll be an NJO era comic dealing with Kir Kanos and Nom Anor, but that is just one of many rumours.

wk

6. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    i'd REALLy like to see Kir Kanos v Luke...

who do you reckon would win?

7. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    I wrote that article for TimeTales, and because of that, I had to do a lot of research on the background of CEIII and were it was now. I'm sorry I couldn't get more, but what I put there should give you somewhat of an idea of the general plotline.

8. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    It was originally said that CE II would detail the whole Kir vs. Luke thing, but somehow the third arc, the one dealing with the Interim Council, got switched.

The lastest info I know of can probably be found on DH's message boards. Land confirmed that it would not be released in 2002, but since Stradley's going to be at the helm soon, I wouldn't start going around saying there'll never be a CE III. Frankly, I could care less about this series. I'd much rather get new stories, or even that Truce at Bakura adaptation that was cancelled.

9. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    The official word on CEIII is that it will not come in 2002, but that word on it will come in 2002. So this year it will either be announced (most likely), or it will be announced that it was scrapped.

10. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    I don't think Stradley will have as much of an impact on getting CEIII published as some of you think. The way I understand the writing of the CE stories is divided up is Mike Richardson does the plot and Randy Stradley scripts it when the plot is done. Back in July 2000 he said he was ready to go he was just waiting for the finished plot, he didn't want to start scripting it until the whole series was plotted, not just one or two issues. That makes sense to me, hopefully that way we'll get a tighter story from it.

The Luke vs. Kanos speculation goes way back, before the NJO. I remember a rumor that CEIII was be post HoT and that came out shortly after VotF came out so we're all working off mostly year or year plus rumors and we all know things can completely change in a fraction of that time.

I don't know where people got the idea it's been cancelled, I've never seen talk of cancellation from anybody that knew what they were talking about.

11. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    From TOS sometime last year:
    When asked about the still-missing Crimson Empire III, writer Mike Richardson, who was in the audience, promised that word on the continuing Royal Guard saga -- with this chapter set in The New Jedi Order era -- will come soon. Also on the horizon for 2002 is a story-arc entitled "Betrayal", which chronicles a treacherous plot within the Imperial hierarchy to assassinate Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine.

Betrayal's being written by the Nerf-Herder guy. Anyway, here's what Dave had to say when asked if it was coming out in 2002:
    Just FYI... This isn't on the 2002 Dark Horse schedule. Sorry!

When asked, he said the chances of it ever happening were about 50/50. Also, somewhere I'm sure he or someone has said that word on it would come in 2002.

12. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Phil Amara wrote Nerf Herder. Scott Allie is writing Betrayal. GhentZ made a boo boo.

13. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    GhentZ = wrong! [face_shocked]

14. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    On the Amara/Allie mixup, imo, their contributions to SW are pretty much the same, uniformly bad.

Dark Side, I was present when the comments TOS put up last summer were made in San Diego. That paragraph from TOS you quoted I remember it being a little different at the time. I don't want to say exactly what's different because I don't remember exactly and I can't find the stuff I wrote at the time at the moment. On 'Betrayal' I only remember one name being mentioned. Either Vader or Palpatine but I'm pretty sure only one was mentioned, not both. Not that the plot was to assassinate both of them. The word was plot involved the assassination plot of one of them, I don't think the way it was worded doesn't mean that it couldn't be like the TOS quote but it wasn't said that way at the time.

15. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    What else has Allie done?

16. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
  17. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Well, does anyone has any new info about crinsom empire III ??

18. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    hmm... i'd like to know that as well...

19. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Lukes lightsaber would just cut right through Kanos staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    So? Who said the staff would be anywhere near the blade?

21. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Exactly what are you trying to say?

22. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    He could move his staff out of the way of the path of Luke's sabre.

23. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    This fight would'ent last long.Kanos could put up a fight if he used his blaster and staff at the same time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.