main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crix Madine in NYC

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by BIEREN, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I went to a Broadway play last night that had Dermot Crowley in it. The play, called ?Translations?, featured a friend of my girl friend; we went there to see him on the play?s final night. Before the play started, I was reading the playbill...and there it was: Dermot Crowley, and it even mentioned his performance in ROTJ. This was a complete surprise, my girlfriend thought I planned it, which i didn't. Afterwards we had dinner with the cast and I got a chance to meet him, and he even signed the playbill for me, very cool.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I vote for the image on the left. Looks a bit more natural, if that's possible ;)

Good luck!

3. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    This is going to sound odd...

When I look to the center of the two images, my eyes are drawn to the image on the right. I think it is because of the additional detail you have in the right images eyes.

Looking at them separately, I would have to say the one on the right. It seems to have a bit more detail than the one on the left making it more intriguing.

Best of luck!

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Its a toss up for me both are done really well. I like both of them. The one on the left looks more natural as Mike said which I like. I like the detail of the one on the right, but at the same time it looks like it is a lil too much. With that said I guess I choose the left one.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    How did the vote go?

6. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I got second and third place. I'm confident that my newest picture (C-3PO) will do well. You should post on that page. I saw one of your Star Wars pictures, it was quite good.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the vote of confidence man, but I think iI'll stick to voting for your stuff instead.

8. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Here is Luke Skywalker on Hoth, just prior to the opening of the Empire Strikes Back.

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luketauntaunfd6.jpg

9. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Very, very nice!

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Looks cartoonish, but still very good. :D

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Once again, excellent work. My one suggestion would be to either add something else to it or crop it bit tighter.

12. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
  13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Where did your post go?

14. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    My entry is under the post "winter 2007 art challenge..."
    I haven't posted in a while, so my page is wayyyy down the list. I am in the middle of about five (maybe more) paintings I'm doing for C IV, and it has taken up much of the time I allow for Star Wars art. so how have you been. Is there a SMF this year?

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm sure there will be another SMF, it's just too early yet for specifics. I'm sure it will be held at the same place again and the time of year (Thanksgiving) should also be the same.

Make sure you post some links to those paintings when you're finished.

16. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I went to a Broadway play last night that had Dermot Crowley in it. The play, called ?Translations?, featured a friend of my girl friend; we went there to see him on the play?s final night. Before the play started, I was reading the playbill...and there it was: Dermot Crowley, and it even mentioned his performance in ROTJ. This was a complete surprise, my girlfriend thought I planned it, which i didn't. Afterwards we had dinner with the cast and I got a chance to meet him, and he even signed the playbill for me, very cool.

17. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I think you edited the first post in your art thread instead of starting a new one, BIEREN. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.