Cropping a MIDI file???

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by DarkSiderSteve, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was wanting to take a few different MIDI files and give them a different starting point- say a few seconds into the song. So is there an easy way to do this? If so, is there a free program that one could use to acheive the desired effect? Its really nothing big- just for cellphone ringtones. :)
  2. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    want to cut off a little from the beginning...
    here it is:
    MIDI - M = IDI

want to cut a MIDI in half? MI DI

:)
  3. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, ok smart guy... [face_plain]

So Ive heard that Anvil Studio is very easy to use in cropping a Midi. I cant seem to get the track to play in that program though. Has anyone ever used it? Maybe a few pointers..... **looks for Webb or Bunny** ;)
  4. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm interested in this too. I've also got some midi's that I'd like to turn into ringtones later on...some great starwars ones too.
  5. Dikion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not sure if this does what you're looking for but tucows has a freeware program called Anvil Studio 2003.12.01
    desc - Record, compose, edit and mix music with MIDI, digital audio, loops and samples. Editors include staff, lyrics, piano roll and drums. Audio effects include delay, EQ, filtering and Direct X plug-ins.

-D-
  6. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I figured this thing out today using the Anvil program. Fairly easy and works pretty good. Now duel of the fates can start at a more exciting part. :)

Void- pm me if you need details on this subject.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.