main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crossbones #2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by skawookiee, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Well, it's supposed to come out tomorrow. I figured I'd start a thread about it. So far, this has been a pretty ho-hum series. I hope the plot thickens a bit and we see a bit more action in this issue. I understand the need for backstory in #1, I just hope that things take off from here. What are your expectations? I'll tell you if it lived up to mine tomorrow. (Assuming that it actually does come out. We all know how very punctual Dark Horse is.)

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    "For that much money, I'll be your hero"

3. skawookiee

Feb 12, 2000
    I'll reread #1 tonight before I go to bed so I'll be refreshed on the story.

4. VILLIEMACE

VILLIEMACE Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2001
    Personally, I cannot wait for issue 2.

5. skawookiee

Feb 12, 2000
    Spoilers

Well, I got it. It was pretty decent, but the plot didn't move anywhere. We are no closer to the end than we were at the beginning of issue one. I thought the bit where the Nemoidian and the fish guy were saying the exact same thing was corny. The issue could've done without that page. I don't really like how both sides are against Nym so much, and how they both know everything that he's doing. How does the Nemoidian know that Nym will lead them right to the pirate? How did they know he was contracted to find the pilot in the first place? Also, I think there should have been a little more emphasis on Nym losing his hand. I mean, even though it was mechanical it still seems like it would be a big deal. But instead, all he does is scream, and then we see the Bith dude wrapping it up on the next page. Which brings me to my next point. The characters of his cronies are not developed at all. We have the Bith and the Chandra Fan who were in the Tales issue, but they really have no personality, they just follow Nym along and do what he says. Nym's character isn't really developed or delved into. In short, it's a good action series. But the action hasn't led anywhere yet, and the characters are a bit lacking.

6. VILLIEMACE

May 15, 2001
    Good Review!

By the way how does Nym lose his hand? Are the Trade Federation using Nym to get rid of Sol Sixxa so they can kill Nym eventually.

7. skawookiee

Feb 12, 2000
    A big fish bites his hand off. The TF is using Nym to lead them to Sol so they can crush both Nym and Sol.

8. VILLIEMACE

May 15, 2001
    That means that the fish girl is in league with the Trade Federation. And that Nym is walking into a trap. NOOOO!

Just out of curiosity, how did Adi Galia come to have the datafile about Nym. Did Vana Sage give it to her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.