main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Come on! I thought we were going to have some boot knocking! Luke do some Jedi mind trick on Madine and get back to Mara!

Falcon likes this.
  2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh don't worry that will come in the epilogue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcon likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum! and [face_dancing]

Tags for:

Jedi_Lover

Briannakin

Falcon

Juliet316

EGKenobi

Snokers

Gemma

~~~~!!

Luke found himself pushed into a holding cell, deep in the belly of the Home One. The door was closed behind him leaving Luke facing a lone metal bench. He looked around the stark room. Well, at least Imperial cells and Alliance cells weren’t much different, he mused, recalling what Leia had said on her experience. He plopped down on the bench with a sour smile. Oh, what a tangled web we weave…
    This no doubt was solely Madine’s doing. He had probably subverted both Mon Mothma and Admiral Ackbar and issued this arrest on his own.
    Even the lackey’s Madine sent were clearly out to get him.
    He examined the sealed door and rolled his shoulders.
    He knew he could easily escape. There was no known force in the Alliance that could hold him. However, he wasn’t going to do so. Let Madine have his show.
    Luke sighed, lifting his feet and legs onto the bench, head dropping back against the wall as he willed himself to sleep.

Mara, Leia, and Han were huddled in the dining hall at a corner table. They spoke in hushed tones.

"No one is telling me anything!" Leia said, in total frustration. "I don't know why they're being so tight-lipped about everything."

"Is it a need-to-know thing?" Mara asked.

Leia scowled. "They won't even tell me something useful off-the-record. It's absolutely ridiculous! I was held by the Empire too, and yet I came out less physically harmed than Luke ... and no one thought I was a traitor! It makes no sense!"

Mara hesitated. She, of course, knew Luke's actual identity and role with the Empire. But she also knew that if he'd truly wanted to harm her, and the Alliance, he could have done so a thousand times over, and anonymously. Yet, he'd thrown off Palpatine's cripping mental clutches and helped them gain an uncontestable victory.

Han was saying: "My past isn't exactly what I would call by any strecth above-board, but you guys let me help, because I could, however I chose to... No surreptitious monitoring or let's wait and see him screw up things. And aren't some of your higher-ups former Imperials too?"

"But they officially defected." Leia pointed out.

"But that could have been a sham, for all you knew." Mara objected. "Yet, they were taken on faith that their loyalties had genuinely shifted."

"My point, exactly!" Han replied. "So why aren't they cutting Luke any slack?"

Leia sighed. "I wish I knew."

“Wake up, Skywalker!” A harsh voice snapped.
    Luke jerked, body slightly rigid and he came awake. His bleary eyes focused on the commander who had deposited him in this very holding cell. Luke slung his legs to the floor and gave the man a wry look.
    “What? Not done harassing me. It must be great to find yourself so important.”
    Sarcasm dripped from his mouth.

The commander turned a mottled shade of red, storming over to him and jerking him up by the arm.

He snarled, “You won’t be so smug when you’re facing death.”

“Death? Really? You think even the Alliance would go so far.” Luke sounded bored, not afraid.
    The man dropped his arm in disgust and hollered to the other soldiers. The two men from before crowded into the cell and flanked Luke, prodding him along with their blaster rifles. Luke felt the laser gaze upon him, burning a hole between his shoulder blades.

In that moment he could feel the commander’s hate. “So, who did the Empire take from you?” He asked, feeling the man’s surprise, right before he was whisked away.

Luke found himself roughly shoved into a seat, his hands shackled to the table in front of him. He looked down at them slightly curious. Was he that big of a perceived threat? Oh, he was dangerous, he mused, not to them personally but more in general. In a way, they were wise to keep him shackled like a dog. If he really wished to…he could do serious damage.
    Madine entered the room first. He practically drilled holes into Luke.
    “So, General, to what do I owe this…” He lifted his manacled wrists. “...unexpected incarceration.”
    “Unexpected.” Madine narrowed his eyes. “Don’t hand me that garbage, Skywalker. You’re a member of the Empire. A double agent set out to thwart the Alliance…we let you into our confidence and you...”
    “Those are pretty big accusations.” Luke interjected easily.

“I agree.” A cultured voice said.
    Mon Mothma walked into the room with Admiral Ackbar, Leia trailing behind them.

“What’s the meaning of this?” Madine asked, sounding annoyed.

“I could ask you the same thing.” Leia shot back.

“As could I.” Mothma said softly. “I was just informed you have taken it upon yourself to arrest Luke Skywalker without conferring with myself or Admiral Ackbar.”

“We were all made aware of the information provided to us by Miss Jade. The potential threat needed to be isolated and should have been done so weeks ago.”

“So good of you to allow an ailing man a break.” Luke scoffed.
    Madine glared in his direction and for a moment Luke thought he would become violent.

“We had decided that in a committee to discuss Luke’s part in the death of the Emperor and all else later.” Leia reminded him tightly. “You subverted that decision Madine.”

“No, Princess, you, Mon Mothma, and Ackbar decided that.”

“There was no objection on your part.” Leia argued.

“Nor was there any agreement. You just assumed, and now I’m correcting that finally.”

“So, this is what you call democracy.” Luke snorted. “If you don’t agree with a decision made you take it upon yourself to “correct” the mistake. How magnanimous of you, Madine. How self-righteous.” His voice turned snide. “What happened to due process and fair chances? Like the one you were given—a former Imperial. Madine, your full of bantha dung, you hypocrite.”

"For whatever reason," Ackbar put in, "You seem to be very biased. I think it would be wise if you recused yourself from the proceedings henceforth and we got someone else to sit in on the Judiciary committee. Riekkann or Cracken."

"That is an excellent suggestion." Mothma agreed. "This meeting - hearing - is adjourned until tomorrow morning."
    She then had Luke taken to a less austere holding area, with guards in place, but it didn't have that dungeon aspect.

Later that day, he was also allowed visitors, for a short amount of time and one at a time, but it was progress.
    Madine, it appeared, had gone off to sulk.

When Mara found out that she would not be allowed to speak at the next day's hearing, she fumed.

"Oh, that's just great." She bit out sarcastically. "So fair and jusst."

Leia grimaced. "You're just as potentially, if not actually, as biased as Madine, but of course in the opposite direction."

"But I was there! I can relate the facts to the panel."

"Your written report will do that for you." Leia pointed out. "Han, and I, and Mothma will make the case for leniency."

Mara gave a resigned sigh. That would have to be enough. She thought, and hoped it would be.

The following morning, all convened in the large conference room.

After the bare facts of the events at Endor were reviewed, Mon Mothma gave her summation.

"Not a few of us, even in the most responsible, demanding roles of leadership, have not had to earn trust of those who are our colleagues and subordinates. We cannot dispute or downplay Skywalker's origins and prior allegiances, but what matters and what has to count most, is where we go from this moment. We do not need to be gullible but we do need to give him the chance many of us received: a chance at a new start, to prove oneself worthy of trust."

Then Leia gave her opinion.
    "Each of us have small, seemingly inconsequential choices to make, decisions that will cost the lives of ourselves or those we care about. While he was with us, Luke could have sold us out a thousand times over, but he did not. That was his voluntary choice. Some might want to call it part of his duplicity, but I choose not to. And as you know, Han Solo could have left us high and dry, but he never did." She smiled softly. "He showed by his actions who his friends were, where his priorities lay." Even though he'd deny it if you confronted him, she thought wryly. "I believe with all my heart that the same can be said of Luke, for the same reasons."

She stepped back, hoping against hope that her words would be enough. They had to be.

Luke sat in another room, his hands shackled to his chair and eyes fixated on the ceiling. Leia walked in then Han at her back.He sat up straighter.

"What's the verdict?"

Leia briefly glanced at the guards. "I need a moment of time alone with the accused.Now." She said imperiously.

The men traded glances with one another before nodding and leaving. When the door had closed with a whooosh behind them Leia crossed over to Luke and dropped down in the chair across from him. Han, on his part, waited by the doorway, sending Luke a reassuring grin.

"The committee is gone to confer on mine and Mon Mothma's testimony on your behalf. Mara's written statement is also being taken into consideration." She saw Luke's brow crease. "You know they wouldn't have allowed her to actually speak. She's...in love with you."

"Yes, I know." He shrugged with one shoulder. "How much weight do you think it has?"

"I'm not sure. Given the facts they could have rejected it outright but they chose to at least consider it, so that's positive."

He nodded.

"Luke, you could have betrayed us many times over, but you didn't. I know that and they know that too." She reached over and squeezed his hand. "Take heart."

A buzzer sounded far off. Han was now at Leia's shoulder and squeezing it lightly.

"Time's over, Leia." Han rumbled. "Let's see what the committee has to say."

Leia nodded and stood, her hand reaching up to grasp his with a soft look on her face. Then as soon as it appeared, it disappeared, with a resolute look crossing her face. "Let's go, Han." She said before leaving the room.

Before Han turned to follow her, he looked to Luke still bound to the chair.

"Don't worry, kid. It's going to be alright."

"However can you say that with such confidence?"

Han blinked. This wasn't the first time he'd been taken aback by Luke's poised way of speech. It was still startling nonetheless.

"It's a feeling--and I like to go with my gut on those. Sit tight." He said, following Leia out the door.

It had taken fifteen short minutes for the committee to reach a deliberation. Given the evidence and the valued testimony by two high ranking persons, they decided not to hold Luke over as a war criminal but to give him probationary status: to monitor his activities loosely but not with undue suspicion. They put a time limit on it as well: three to six months with a review at the end to rescind all surveillance at the end of the interval.

Luke was released on his own recognizance with a few stipulations dictated by the hearing Committee. Mara met Luke outside the holding cells and ran into his arms, embracing him.
    Tears were streaking down her face as she held him tight.
    "Mara..." He tilted her face upwards and planted a kiss on her mouth. "It's allright. It's going to be all right."

"What now?"

"Did Leia explain things to you?"

She shook her head. "Not yet."

"I'll be let on parole... A probation period."

"Really?" Mara asked, feeling a surge of relief.

"She told me it was a formality, more than anything else. Nothing to be concerned about, actually."

Mara felt a load lift from her shoulders and her heart skip a beat. "So you're free, and we ..."

He kissed her again, and she returned it with enthusiasm.
    "Yes, it's a fresh start, for all of us."

++++

lys_chan_83 and Falcon like this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yay!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Madine was taken out of the picture and they're giving Luke a probation period? Awesome, so when does the truth about Luke and Leia's relations comes out and their connection to Vader??? More soon

6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Let me rethink . I forgot that I'd made Luke and Leia twins. I think that needs to be rectified.

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: This has been a fun, fun write! :cool: Thanks to all who have liked, and read, all along. @};- [:D]

But special uber!thanks to EmeraldJediFire - who made each and every post umphier. LOL

Tags:

Falcon

Juliet316

Snokers

Gemma

Briannakin

Jedi_Lover

Epilogue

Chandrilla

Six months had passed since the events at Endor. Luke and Mara had settled on Chandrilla, where the New Republic was setting up the major portions of their Senatorial and Judiciary departments.

Mara had gone on an archival exploration since that time, to find any and all information about Jedi lore, teachings, and techniques.

When she discussed these with Luke, with enthusiasm and excitement, she made sure never to press him one way or another. He was noncommittal about all of it, interested for her sake, but not in any deeply personal way as if it had nothing to do with him.

His indifference puzzled her so finally she asked what lay behind it.

"I don't know what my attitude is to the whole Jedi versus Sith thing. I was manipulated by one for so long, I don't want to get sucked into the other side of that dichotomy, at least not right away. I want to find out who I am, just me, without all the trappings of lightsabers and Force nudges."

It was because of this reticence, among others, that she hesitated to tell him about Vader. What good could come of it? But then again, keeping that sort of thing a secret would only become a barrier for Luke and between the two of them.It was because of this reticence, among others, that she hesitated to tell him about Vader. What good could come of it? But then again, keeping that sort of thing a secret would only become a barrier for Luke and between the two of them.

So one night, she braced herself and told him.

"I have no father." He stated, his voice flat.

She sighed. "Luke, I know you and Vader weren't exactly close.."

He snorted.

She ignored this. "You can't ignore it, is what I mean. If you live in denial you're going to make this hard for yourself much later. You were made to hate Vader because of Palpatine. He's the one responsible. But you don't have to keep that grudge. It wasn't yours. It's not how you really feel. If you let this fester...you'll never be able to move on." She reached up to touch his face. "He will always be a part of you and you of him. He's a part of us. He gave us this life, Luke."

Something inside him seemed to break; a wall come tumbling down. She could see himself softening a bit.

"Mara.." He whispered, drawing her to him.

"I'm not saying it has to be today. It will take awhile, but you need to heal."

He nodded.

"I do want to put all this behind us." Tears entered his voice. "For our friends..for the future...for us."

Feeling it was time, she bit her lip. She reached down and placed his hand on her stomach.

"I want to put all of this behind us too." Mara said with a light smile.

Luke's gaze flashed down to where his hand rested and looked back up at her. She simply smiled wordlessly in encouragement. Light entered his eyes and a feeling ... a peace washed over her. Whatever he decided about the Jedi path, that could wait. They were together, they were going to be a family, and it was time for a fresh start for all of them.

Fin

+++++

L/M= [face_love]

JediMaster_Jen, Snokers and Falcon like this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yay! Happy ending!

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    She's pregnant, wonderful ending Nyota and Emerald =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Quite scrumptiously squeelicious. [face_dancing]

Falcon likes this.
  12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Yah! We have a Skycrawler on the way! Great conclusion!

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Hmmm... yep, still having a case of "when did the epics happen?" (Can I blame my ailing grandmother and school for this? Yep! So I am...) Anyway... review!

Prologue... interesting start. Yay for Owen and Beru and family goodness and Loran not wanting an adventure until something happened...

Fickle was farthest the word to describe such a man. Terrifying yes, foreboding for sure, but fickle...never.

Hmmm....

"Nothing, Sir, please relax."

“I tend to.”

Uncomfortable convo there with Commander Dante, and then there was this... did you mean "intend"?

"Twins.." He offered. "Separated at birth...but twins none the less. She will soon see her rebellion crushed do dust...and you will have seen the completion of it." He leveled this at both Mara and Vader.

Crushed to dust...

“No...” He muttered, shaking his head.
    For the first time, Luke’s eyes fell on the dark figure standing directly behind Mara Jade. Darth Vader. A sickness rolled over him. It was him. He brought her here. That was the only explanation!
    “Mara…get away from that thing.” He spat it out like an insult.

Palpy, you've done your job too well when the son has THAT automatic reaction to seeing his father merely standing there. Oy.

Han teased Luke about Mara's preoccupation with his well-being. "Not the best way to find out a lady cares about you, though." He added, "But whatever works."

...and Han has no idea that Mara just worked a miracle. Hee.

Luke getting arrested after nearly dying AND getting temporarily brainwashed? That's a new one. Love it!

“What happened to due process and fair chances? Like the one you were given—a former Imperial. Madine, your full of bantha dung, you hypocrite.”

He totally is. Also... "you're" or "you are" As in: "Your Bantha kicked me and you're going to do nothing?" (Usage is important.)

"Oh, that's just great." She bit out sarcastically. "So fair and jusst."

Just.

And... baby! As JL said... yayness!!!!

Well done and good collab story, you two. :) (I read the entire story in one sitting and loved it.)

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    DaenaBenjen42 - thanks for the marathon read! [:D] And reviewing the high points. :cool:

DaenaBenjen42 likes this.
  15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I thought that the ending deserved extra sweetness. I had been toying with the baby idea ever since Mara and Luke's...ahem..encounter in the Imperial Palace.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    does this mean we're going to see an update on your other fic now Emerald [face_batting]

17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That one you mean. Well I shall try. School starts tomorrow again. Luke deserves a happy ending there too

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That one you mean. Well I shall try. School starts tomorrow again. Luke deserves a happy ending there too

19. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I should have done a lot of things during winter break but didn't for some reason

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I should have done a lot of things during winter break but didn't for some reason