main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely! Will happen! And it won't take ten years! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    You know, I've never fully understood that. But, I've never understood why some guys act that way, either. Both are pretty sad.

And what is it with the EU and pairing people up? It's like it happens only after all other options are taken (see: Jaina and Jag). Ugh.

3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Well what's done is done. Sadly some stuff sucks more than others

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Luke's more confident here, but he reminds me somewhat of Han. I miss the Farmboy! LOL I see Mara is intrigued, however. I'm sure she'll make him blush, yet. And it's interesting to see a new dynamic than what we're used to with our favorite pair.

EmeraldJediFire and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Really? I hadn't thought of that. (re-reads some parts) Yeah, you're right. I think Luke's arrogant side might go away the closer he gets to Mara.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    So I was just checking the date and I realized its been over two weeks since we updated since. Jade_eyes and I are currently working on the next part.. I'm not sure how long it will take I want to get it done by Tuesday but we'll see.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all. :) @};-

J_e Note: EJF and I worked together on the following, particularly how to do the action stuff LOL

____

Tags for:

SHADOW_MASTER_W

Jedi_Lover

JediFalcon

Briannakin

_______

After his conversation with the red-head, he broke away and headed off to join the other fighter pilots. He contemplated how he was going to deal with the actual assault on the Death Star when a subtle pressure occurred behind his right eye—almost as if someone was pushing on it. HE stopped for a moment at the unexpected pain.

I trust all is going well. The tone inferred that all had better be.

Why wouldn’t it be? Luke replied flippantly. Other than this sudden headache, everything’s going swell. The sarcasm was evident.

The voice snapped, I would watch your tone, boy. Your flighty tongue does not bode well for you—I would have killed you long ago had you not served my purpose.

Luke wanted to say something else, but he decided not to push his luck. It was always an amazement that the man tolerated him for this long. Truth be told, he wasn’t sure why he had made it this far or even lasted this long.

He kept walking, trying to keep up the façade that all was normal.

Of course, my Lord. He said, taking on the humble serving act. You are gracious as ever.

If the other had noticed Luke’s duplicitous nature he didn’t comment on it.

Report, boy, He instructed after a moment.

I have successfully infiltrated the Rebel base. He stated, bypassing rows of X-wings as well as pilots and techs. I have been made privy to their plans; they mean to destroy the Death Star.

That cannot happen.

Of that I am well aware of, my Lord. While I’m up in the fighter I will be able to hinder their operations.

Then they have successfully taken you into their confidence?

Yes.

Well done, boy.

He had finally come to his assigned X-wing.

“Is everything ready?” He asked the tech.

“Yep, fueled and ready to go. Your astromech has already been installed in its socket.”

Luke looked up at the R2 unit.

“Good.”

He turned aside and reached out yet again. The man had not broken the connection and he considered not voicing his other concern. Focus on the mission, his rational mind told him, but he couldn’t dismiss this.

My Lord, if I may have a moment of your time?

What is it? He sounded very much annoyed at this moment.

I normally wouldn’t broach the subject, my Lord, but I have encountered the traitor Madine. What should I do about him?

There was silence for a long while.

Sire?

Do nothing. He commanded resolutely. Focus on the mission at hand; we shall deal with Madine later.

Sensing that the time for departure was imminent, Luke began climbing the ladder to his fighter. He bit the inside of his cheek as he went. He couldn’t tolerate the idea of letting a traitor like Madine get away scot free. He wanted the man to answer to his treason and defection. Irritation boiled beneath the surface of his mind. But his Lord was right, now was not the time to confront Madine, which would occur at a later time.

He swung up into the cockpit.

Of course, my Lord. He gave a practiced sigh. I’m afraid I must go now. It’s almost time for the assault.

Very well.

The connection was cut and Luke pulled himself back to the present. He glanced around at his surroundings as he pulled his helmet on. He secured the strap under the chin, pulling the shield down over his face. He watched as other fighter pilots scrambled around, heading for their own fighters. The sirens were going off. He had mostly tuned them out while he was having his chat, but now he had become more aware of their blaring nature.

It was a call to revolution.

A revolution he was now a part of. He smiled tightly. Here we go.
    “All pilots report in.” Madine’s voice came over the channel.

He squashed a note of irritation at hearing the man’s voice. The role call went down the line until it came to him.

“Red 5 standing by,” Luke announced.

“Lock S-foils in attack position.” Red leader responded.

Luke followed, keeping formation. He gave a quick scan of the area, his eyes finally falling on their target. He bit the inside of his cheek. He had to make sure that battle station remained unharmed. Though frankly he wasn’t as worried as he might have been; despite the Rebels’ plans, their piloting skills would be no match for the canons that littered the surface of the Death Star. The Emperor had not been so dull-witted that he would leave weak point like that unprotected…

Then again, there had been an opening to begin with, he thought with much irritation.

Suddenly, stream of TIE fighters were released and Luke braced himself for the battle. He evaded the first barrage, banking to port as a flurry of green laser fire arched toward him. He deftly dodged the enemy fighter—well aware that his compatriots were doing likewise. With every meter they gained forward, more fighters were released, more Rebel pilots were lost.

They were now rapidly approaching the proximity of the Death Star and he could hear Control instructing the first squad to begin the first run. Meanwhile, he spent time juking from one side to the other, growing more irate by the second. He had never quite liked the TIE fighter pilots.

He watched as a fighter closed on another X-wing’s tail and broke away to aid him.

Showtime.

He narrowed his eyes, locking on his target, and fired a succession of rapid laser bolts. The TIE fighter caught them all in its stern and exploded in a ball of fire.

“Thanks…” the nameless pilot said.

“No problem.” Luke said, grinning. “Just don’t make it a habit.”

“I’ll try not to, Skywalker.”
    "Now, which of you overconfident flyjocks can shoot down that?" Klivian demanded.

"You certainly can't, even if it was marked in red, white, and blue." Janson retorted.

"Speak for yourself. Your luck with the ladies unfortunately often transfers itself into the targeting lock."

Laughter flowed across the comm channels, before Wedge silenced everyone with a quick reminder to keep all channels clear except for Control.

"Red Group, launch. Blue and Gold, follow on my mark in staggered formation. We don't want to give them all we've got at once." Came the voice over the Control channel.

"First squad is away and engaging the TIES." Madine reported to Leia and Mon Mothma.

Leia frowned. "I hope these newest recruits are up to the challenge." She winced. She knew firsthand what the Death Star was capable of. She would hate to have any casualties but it seemed inevitable.

Mon Mothma placed a consoling hand on Leia's shoulder. Mon Mothma was even more like Leia's mother or aunt, now, Leia reflected.

She could see Mara at one of the communications consoles, handling the traffic between the star-fighters and main control.

Luke was homing in on the target, but at the last minute, he shifted slightly to the right, so as not to show his prowess on one hand, nor take out the Emperor's prize weapon.

The fighter had been slightly less responsive than he'd expected. Was this the best the Rebels had to offer, or had the technician missed something crucial?

Luke frowned; so far he was managing.

Luke fired off another barrage at an incoming TIE fighter, smiling secretly at the irony of the situation.

Suddenly, there was a grinding thunk! An alarm went off.

Something in the gravitic dampener had given way.

The R2 squawked, and Luke and Wedge had a quick exchange.

“Blast it.” A flash of irritation shot through him.

“Something wrong, Luke?” Wedge asked.

Luke. How easily this Rebel called him by his given name. Well, given as far as he knew…but that wasn’t the point.”

Luke sighed heavily, "There’s something wrong with my fighter, I don’t think I’ll be able to make the run. Why this karking astromech didn't pick up on this, much less that inept tech who cleared me!"

Wedge's frown could be heard over the comm. "All right, just get out of here. I don’t want you jeopardizing yourself further.”

Luke pulled back on the yoke and winced, suddenly noticing he had some abrasions and lacerations where his flight helmet and some instruments had flown around the cockpit as the gravity fluctuated.

"Right. “ He tried to keep the pain out of his voice.

“Something wrong?”

“Just a few bruises and scrapes. I’ll be fine.” He assured, as he broke with formation.

He’d failed.

Well, he’s certainly going to be in a fantastic mood. He thought bitterly.

"It looks like Red Five has a problem." Mara reported.

Leia grimaced. "Already?"

Mara showed them the readout.

"That finicky R2!" Leia exclaimed. "Give Skywalker the astromech that brought us the Death Star's technical data while we run diagnostics on the original one."

Mara chuckled wryly. "He'll probably want to keep the one you're giving him."

Leia laughed. "I don't doubt it. While you're at it, send a medic to check Skywalker out as well."

Mara nodded and did so.

________

SHADOW_MASTER_W likes this.
  8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great update more soon

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke--the Emperor's Hand. I love it! Nice action sequences.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I love reading Dark Luke. Great update

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    They are teaming up Luke and Artoo? That should be fun. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    Hmm....I wonder if this Luke will blow up the Death Star just like Farmboy.

13. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Nice update...although from a fighter-tactics standpoint, I don't think Luke's going to have time to get back to Yavin, get checked out, get Artoo, preflight a new ship and get back to the fight. As Han would say, 'This ain't like dusting crops, boy.'

Good stuff.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Exactly!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I like this change with Luke being the Hand. I'm not sure if I've read a story like that. Nice change! I like the exchange where he thought about being called by his given name. And now he'll have Artoo... here's where the fun begins. :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I'm glad you all are enjoying this!

I should have the next part up by early Sunday morning.

17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Artoo probably won't happen till later, but yes...its going to be fun writing this Luke and Artoo meeting eachother. I like writing Luke differently than he's supposed to be.

Well...no I'll let you find out in the next part lol

You have no idea...well I suppose you might lol

Me too!

Thanks!

Thank you! JE and I try our best with those. I love EH Luke too!

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Emerald's Note: Again, thanks to all for reading our story. Here is the next part I hope you enjoy it. The part between Luke and Mara was a collab effort between JE and I.

Tags: SHADOW_MASTER_W, Jedi_Lover, JediFalcon, Briannakin

Han scowled, as he watched the unfolding battle.​
    The star-fighters were holding their own, just barely. They were outnumbered for one thing, and that behemoth of a space station tipped the odds way on the Imps' side, even before the TIEs were scrambled.​
    He sighed. No one would ever accuse Han of being an altruistic sort, but he didn't want to see anyone mown under.​
    The Imps had never done him any favors, either.​
    He frowned.​
    What can I do against these scumdogs, either? He wondered.​
    What the frack. He liked heavy odds, but this was absurd.​
    He dove into the midst of the fray.​
    At his side, he could hear Chewie's rumble of approval.​
    **​
    When Leia saw what was unfolding on the scopes, she felt something tumble and flutter in her stomach.​
    That Correllian fool. She almost fumed.​
    Was it worry, or might she be just a teensy bit impressed by his heroics?​
    No, impossible.​
    The squadrons were heavily engaged, as the Millennium Falcon provided firing strength and cover.​
    ******​
    Mara approached Luke as he was intercepted by a medic who hastily applied a bacta-bandage.​
    "Looks like you're grounded." She observed, with more than a hint of sympathy, but she infused her tone with snark for good measure.​
    "Try not to gloat too obviously, Jade. Anyway, it’s an insane man that is willing to court Death. I’m no martyr.” Luke gauged her cooly. “I don’t plan on dying, I didn’t come here for that.”​
    She frowned. "Forgive me if I hit a nerve." She smirked. "They'll be giving you a new astromech at any rate."​
    Luke gave a weary look. "More reliable than the last one I hope.”​
    "It should be. It was the one we brought in."​
    Luke grimaced. "As long as I don't have to be stuck with 3PO, I'll be satisfied. All through the pilot briefing, I could hear him grousing."​
    Mara groaned. "I had to listen to him all the way out here!! Totally an unpleasant experience."​
    Luke examined her face, noting the way her eyes flashed. ‘”Say, I have an idea.” He checked out the bandage before pulling his sleeve down over it. “Since I’m to remain grounded, how about a drink?”​
    Mara considered him for a bit then said:​
    “I don’t think that would be wise. I still have a job to do.”​
    "That's a shame. I thought you said you were going to give me a chance."​
    "I am, but I don't think the time is right, now, do you?" She seemed to challenge him.​
    He smiled slightly. "I suppose not." He got up off the box. "I'll see you around then."​
    She smirked once more. "You might, I need to get back to Control."​
    He watched her as she left.​
    When the woman disappeared from sight, he expelled a breath he'd been holding.​
    Now alone he had time to think about things--to think about his failure.​
    Somehow, someway, his ship had become faulty. It seemed almost impossible that a certified technician would overlook such a critical flaw in the fighter's overall system. He couldn't help but feel that something was off....could they have a suspicion? No, the Rebels couldn't possibly know about his allegiances. He'd been very careful and considered himself quite the skilled actor. They all believed he was who he said he was.​
    Well, all except for Mara.​
    He was heading in the direction of a coridor.​
    Yes, that woman alone seemed to see through all his bluster. She was an interesting creature; obviously bright with a discerning mind. He liked that.​
    ****​
    Luke felt the backlash as the thousands of lives were extinguished on the Death Star. He shuddered at the awkward feel of it. It wasn’t that he was close to anyone in the Empire, he kept mostly to himself, but that still didn’t stop him from feeling a sudden end like this. He shook it off with a growl.​
    Luckily, he was alone in an empty corridor.​
    Soon the Rebels would return and rejoice over their victory.​
    The voice that suddenly erupted in his mind was a menacing hiss.​
    You incompetent fool! You have failed me most miserably!
    Palpatine beat down onto him, infusing his words with the Force, assaulting his brain.​
    His head pounded with the pressure Palpatine put on it. It felt as though the Dark Lord were grabbing it in a vice and attempting to crush it.​
    He stumbled in agony, his legs giving out beneath him as he fell to his knees. He cradled his head, groaning in pain.​
    Are you suffering, boy? That is good. Perhaps you will learn not to fail me—and keep your mind where it belongs. I did not send you on this mission to fraternize with the enemy. There was a heavy pause. Do you understand me?
    The pressure eased off, and Luke lowered his hand. He willed the pain to disperse.​
    I understand…my Lord.
    And that is another thing…your impertinence is barely tolerable. Until you have gained a subservient tongue, do not refer to me in that capacity.
    Luke was very aware how Palpatine wanted him referred to, though as far as Luke was concerned, he was no Master of his. He might serve the man as his Lord Emperor, but he’d never felt that Palpatine had ever been a true Master.​
    And considering how Palpatine regarded him in general, he believed he was fully justified in his feelings. Luke was a Hand, but since Palpatine preferred female Hands, he had taken to labeling Luke an “agent”.​
    He bit back his pride and the instantaneous defensive retort.​
    Yes, Master. He uttered, climbing steadily to his feet..​
    Palpatine disappeared from his mind without uttering a single word. He did that at times, popping in randomly and withdrawing just as quickly. It wasn’t anything new.​
    He leaned against the wall, waiting for the pain to subside gradually. He could hear the rejoicing from far-off by now. The pilots had returned to Yavin and were celebrating their victory. He wondered who had taken the lucky shot that destroyed his Lord’s station. No doubt Palpatine would want the man dealt with—he would do so in time.​
    His lip curled as he pushed off the wall.​
    He sought out the crowd. Perhaps with the battle done, he could talk Mara into an actual drink this time.​
    He passed a gaggle of pilots all carousing and celebrating. He shook his head half in disgust. Not that it concerned him, not entirely anyway. He had no love for the small cogs of the Empire, only the Empire itself.​
    It was a pity that station had been destroyed. It meant more work for him—and a cross Lord. He rubbed his head, still feeling a slight throbbing.​
    He bumped into someone. “Ah, look, it’s Luke!” Hobbie exclaimed. “We were wondering where you’d gone. Shame you missed all the action. Isn’t that right, Wes?”​
    Wes grinned. “Oh, yeah, shame.”​
    “Just a rotten luck of the draw.” He said, giving them a disarming smile. “There’ll be other battles.” He sighed dramatically.​

“Guess we’ll see you at the ceremony.” Wes said.

“Ceremony?”

“Apparently they’re rewarding this….Solo guy.”

Solo, he knew that name.

“What did he do?” Luke asked off-handedly.

“Helped rescue the Princes and provided cover for the guy who took the shot apparently.”

The shot.

The shot that had destroyed Palpatine’s station.

“Who is he?”

“Uh, someone named….Darklighter.”

Darklighter. He thought then filed that name away for another time. All Rebels would pay in due time. “I’ll see you there…I’ve got to ah…Nature calls.” He said, fumbling in his explanation.

“Gotcha.” Hobbie nodded. “See you there!”

“See you!” Luke called back.

Right now, he needed to deal with another eyesore

He came upon the man seemingly by chance. Well, not entirely by chance, he’d intentionally sought him out. But of course, General Crix Madine was none the wiser.

“General Madine…” He said, smiling.

“Skywalker.” Madine acknowledged. “Can I help you with something?”

He shook his head, putting on the act. “No, I’m just a bit disappointed I didn’t get to do my part.”

“Yes, it’s a shame about your fighter.”

“It is.” He nodded forlornly.

“Well, a live pilot is better than a dead one.” Madine offered somberly. “I’m glad your skills aren’t being wasted so easily, we need pilots like you.”

Luke ducked his head. “Thank you, General, that’s quite an honor.” He sighed.

“Are you sure nothing’s wrong?”

He flashed a smile. “You got me. There is one….small problem.”

“Oh?”

His eyes turned steely. “Traitors like you."

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh boy... Madine is in trouble.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That is not smart if Luke doesn't plan on leaving right then. A dead general will cause a full investigation. CSI Yavin will be on the case. Nice update.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    woah...Luke just revealed himself to a Rebel leader. Shocking!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^.....And stupid. In a move that is sure to surprise JL, (and, for the record, this is like the fourth time in a row I've agreed with her!) she IS right. What does Luke intend to accomplish with this move? Luke has just admitted to being a spy, and NO ONE trusts spies--ask Lumiya how that worked out for her. He's lost all trust with the people he was supposed to infiltrate, and he's just further hacked off his boss. To paraphrase Pirates of the Caribbean: 'Luke's the worst spy I've ever heard of.'

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D So happy we could surprise! all these new and longtime Luke fic readers. :cool: His reasons behind the baffling, huh?! actions will be elucidated in the next update. [:D] @};-

24. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    It'll only cause an investigation if Luke does things the regular way *grins*

25. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    If I had to guess, Luke is probably about to kill Madine.

Most likely, he will do this in a way that won't directly incriminate him.

Jade_eyes likes this.