main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, I kind of snickered at Luke staring at Mara partially nude. Shades of the Farmboy in any universe.

So what exactly is Luke's plan I wonder?

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    He makes her get in the bathtub to discuss his plan? It is too bad Mon Mothma didn't use that technique, I would like to see Rogue Squadron in a giant tub.

3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I lends to the illusion (pouts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    too short need more

great update :D

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your Luke and your Mara leave sparks of electricity in the air!

:D

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    They always do. LOL [face_love]

7. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    ooooh I love the tub! Wonderful! The tension between them is so layered and tense, so much depth and so much going on. This was awesome!

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo Ash! [face_love] [:D] Thanks!

serendipityaey likes this.
  9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    note: I know this took a month but here it is.

SiouxFan

Juliet316

Falcon

serendipityaey

Jedi_Lover

EGKenobi
    -------

Luke surprisingly left Mara to finish her bath. Mara’s eyes tracked him as he disappeared from sight.

She did not want to admit to herself how conflicted she was over seeing him again. His seeming sincerity left her quite on edge. She didn't want to be taken in and deceived. Yet, she found the old attraction and interest still as strong as ever, on both sides.

The reflexive antagonism had melted into their familiar banter, almost.

And there was no getting around the fact that he looked really good.

The scented bubbles and ripple waves soothed away the residual tensions as Mara contemplated Luke's suggested strategy.

Luke stood on the other side of the door, frowning, running over what he had said and Mara’s reaction to it. She had eventually acquiesced, agreeing to hear him out. Still, through all that, he could tell she was still a bit wary of him. Not that he could blame her, he had played her.

She had every right not to trust him, even spit in his face. He could see it in her eyes that she wanted to do so. He had heard it.

Yes, there was no doubt Mara was a Force-user.

HE could hear the inner workings of her mind when she thought she had her thoughts guarded. He could hear it so clearly; almost as if she were speaking them aloud.

He’d leave that for another time.

After all, why bog down the plan with unnecessary details.

He sighed, still wearing the same scowl.

He looked back toward the door; this all hinged on her.

The door to the refresher slid open thirty minutes later and Luke watched as Mara emerged from it, draped in a towel, her hair wet, laying limp around her shoulders. Her alabaster skinned glowed, with droplets of water dotting it ever so often. Tiny rivulets clearly making their way down the contours of her body. He stared openly, not even attempting to hide his appraising gaze.

Mara's eyes narrowed, obviously noticing him overtly ogling her.

“Get an eyeful?” She sniped.

The corner of his lip turned up at her quip, eyeing how she clutched the towel close to her body.

”Do you really want me to answer that?” He asked.

It was Mara’s turned to scowl.

“I see, and for a while I thought you were chivalrous.” Although she tried to sound standoffish, Luke knew she wasn’t entirely unmoved.

She was feisty—and he loved it.

“I’m always chivalrous.” He replied.

Luke put an iota of huskiness into his voice, making his tone as suggestive as possible, and stalked toward her. His eyes slightly flared in appreciation of Mara’s form. There was no doubt how lovely she was; a man would have to be blind not to notice her.

No, this certainly wouldn’t be any hardship, he thought with a chuckle.

He watched as Mara's mouth dropped open slightly, and pink-tinged her cheeks. Almost as if she had heard him. Hmmm, interesting.

Just a little more.

A few more steps….

Mara took a few steps back.

“Luke…” She said, the words murmured on a quiet breath.

“Yes.”

He drew out the word and placed his hands at her waist forcefully, tugging her to him. Mara gave a muted gasp. It was obvious she hadn’t been expecting this. His eyes searched her face.

“You needn’t look so scared…I’m not going to hurt you, and I think we both want this….don’t we?”

Mara visibly gulped, all the while instinctively clinging to him, grasping his biceps in her hands. He could feel the heat smoldering as their bodies pressed together. He felt the speed of her heart quicken.

He could feel her mind warring, trying to regain control of the situation.

“What are you doing to me?” She asked breathily.

The fingers on his left hand skated down the curve of her spine, intimately playing her body, as his other hand brushed over her hip. He leaned down, lips close to hers.

“What do you want me to do?” His voice was husky, full of emotion.

Mara shuddered, actually shuddered. He watched her bite her lip. A subtle flush to her cheeks and hazy look in her eyes.

He watched her reaction, utterly fascinated. Such a moment couldn't be more perfect, such a woman couldn't be more perfect. Was this connection was what he'd be missing?

“Do you want me?” He asked finally, this time whispering in her ear.

He asked the question, knowing the answer.

“I…”

He felt her heart pound harder as a wave of desire slammed against his senses. His own heart sped at the realization of the situation. There was no mistaking her feelings.

Mara Jade….was in love…with him.

The Emperor’s Hand.

Mara felt her skin burn where Luke's hand caressed, and her mouth tingled in anticipation of his kiss.

Mara had spent some time in her bath wondering how much of his attraction to her had been an act when he joined the Rebellion. An angry part of her wanted to say it had all been a farce. But as clear and undeniable as her attraction and needing of him was, she could not hide from the fact that whatever else Luke had been playing at, the parts involving the two of them had been all too genuine.

She now tried to fathom what his motive might be in pushing the envelope of intimacy.

When Luke leaned in and nibbled the ear he had whispered in a second before, even that question vanished. In an instant, she knew him so clearly, almost as if she could feel him. She melted into him, completely overwhelmed by the desire that swept over her.

/I do want you. Like water, like air./ Mara answered his spoken inquiry involuntarily.

He smiled in triumph against her mouth.

Time seemed to pass in a blur. One minute, Luke was nibbling at her ear; the next, she was splayed out on his king-sized bed. He hovered over her, hands braced on each side of her head, as his eyes pinned her with a penetrating stare. She lay motionless, entirely taken aback by the unexpected domineering nature. Her skin tingled at his nearness and Mara could feel his blatant desire pressed against her.

She gave a few quick gasps, one from his state, the other from the feel of his lips moving down her neck. Mara squirmed as his body dominated hers. His hand ran down the length of her body where the towel had come undone while the other fisted in her hair. He leaned back up and pressed his lips to her ear.

“It’s all right.” He whispered then captured her mouth in a torrid kiss.

Mara was unable to smother her moan. Her body arched, pressing up against his, and she subconsciously wound her arms around his neck and back. As much as she didn’t trust him, she couldn’t control how she felt about him-nor her body’s response it appeared.

“Don’t be afraid, Mara, just let go.”

But she was afraid to do it; afraid to let go. Afraid to bare herself to him like this and give him control. She knew she was failing miserably, she should despise him, but one look into those intoxicating blue eyes and she couldn’t bring herself to do so.

Staring into his eyes, she let her hand drop from his neck and settle along his face. Her hand cupped his cheek as the other hand remained anchored at his back, clutching at him as if he were a life line.

Could she truly trust him?

Then he finally whispered, “I’ve got you, Mara”

There was a gentleness to his voice, a reassuring tone. As she continued to gaze deeply at him, she saw that kindness she had come to love and most importantly genuine earnestness.

She smiled, tears pricking in her eyes.

Yes, she could. She could trust him.

Mara let herself fall.

Luke stared at his bed partner. He had been awake for few minutes, but his mind was still unable to process what had taken place. Sure, he’d meant for the plan to go perfectly, he’d meant for it to be believable…but….Somewhere along the way, he’d lost himself. His common sense had flown straight out the window as soon as Mara’s body had pressed against his.

She spoke to him on a level that she was entirely unaware of and he knew he'd never be able to do without her ever again. The combination of her body and spirit had ignited this fierce ardor in him. His breath quickened when he remembered the moment. Luke groaned, dragging a hand across his face, and sat up, trying to get his thoughts in order.

He glanced at her once more, her skin bathed in the pale moonlight, and he drew in a quick breath. His skin flushed.

“Dear Force,” he muttered.

There was no denying he cared for Mara, but he hadn’t planned for this. Oh, he’d dreamed about this, imagined it; but his idea of it had been vastly different then how he’d thought it would go. He had imagined he would enjoy being with her incredibly, but somehow had thought his emotions would be completely separate. That he could pick up and move on pretty much unaffected and unscathed.
    On the contrary, though, it appeared she was like an elixir in his blood that he found himself longing for.

Mara made him want to forget his mission, that karking old fart of an Emperor and just ... concentrate on the two of them.

That was a dangerous, suicidal idea

Luke was getting dressed when Mara awoke.

“So you’re leaving?” She said, the pain obvious in her voice.

“Yes, I have to report.” He responded woodenly.

“It’s the middle of the night.” She pointed out.

Her eyes beckoned him to return to the warmth to be found at her side.

“The Emperor doesn’t care about such things. I think he hardly sleeps.” He pulled on his boots then looked at her. “He’ll be expecting me.”

Mara’s face fell. “Of course,” She snorted. “How could I forget…” A hopeful look came into her eyes. “You’ll be back, won’t you?”

Luke looked at her, taking note of the trust that lurked within her eyes. She believed in him; trusted him. And honestly, he would never betray that trust.

“I don’t know.” He answered.

Mara frowned, obviously not caring for his answer. He sighed inwardly. The guards would come for her soon, and Palpatine would send them—no doubt convinced that Luke had bent the woman to his will.

With that look on her face, how could he not.

He stifled the illness he felt. No, there wasn’t any deception as his part as far as that. She knew the plan; it hadn’t changed. His main priority was to get her out of here to safety; away from the clutches of Vader and his Emperor. Neither Siths’ plans for her were good.

“I have to go.” He said abruptly.

Luke knew he wouldn’t be able to leave if she kept looking at him like that, so he took the coward’s way out. He fled.

*Mara was left alone in the suite, wondering what was going to happen to her now. She knew the Emperor would send for her once Luke gave his report. But when?Would it be right away? Or would he make her sweat like before? It was possible; the Emperor, she decided, was a sadist.She fidgeted, holding the sheet against her as she scanned the room. She may have been alone but she didn’t feel like giving the cams a show more than she had. She flushed when she thought about the night she and Luke had spent in the throes of passion. All caught on cam for some Imperial’s sick voyeuristic pleasure.

She shook her head. No sense mulling over; she wouldn't give them the satisfaction of witnessing her humiliation.

Making a decision, she got up, sheet still wrapped about wrapped about, and went searching for clothes. If she was going to get out of here, she'd have to be ready!

But as she did she felt a shooting pain lance through her body; centered downward. Her pain fell and ran a hand over the area.

"Stang," she muttered, wincing. What in the world...?

Maras’s thoughts died off as realization dawned on her. She had been virgin up until now, never truly joining with a man.

She fell back on the bed, slightly stunned. The night had been so perfect she hadn't thought of until now... How could she forget? The ramifications of her actions…

Her body became rigid.

Dear Force, she might even be...pregnant! She had been due for her hypospray, but had dashed off suddenly.

Mara had always prided herself on being prepared and she always considered every outcome. How could she have been so stupid?!

She bit her lip and sighed.

None of that was important now; she'd deal with it later. For now, she'd get dressed as planned. She glanced around and spotted a closet. What were the chances there were clothes in there that fit her? Slim, but it was worth try.

Mara crossed over to it, hitting the slap pad. The door opened with a whoosh to reveal an amazing sight; the closet was deep walk-in with wall to wall carpeting and various storage units for clothing. All of which were filled.

She frowned.

Strange.

Her eye caught one outfit laid out on a plush bench-a note attached to it. She walked over and plucked the note off.

It read:

Mara,

Please put this on. As enchanting as you are, running around in your birthday suit wouldn't be practical.

Mara couldn't withhold the smirk that came to get lips. Cute, she thought.

She picked up the outfit next and the first thing she realized was that it was quite provocative. The mouth dropped open in astonishment.

He expected her to wear this? Was he out of his mind?

The outfit he had chosen was a skin tight jumpsuit with a lunging neckline, all made entirely out of....leather?

She gaped at it.

"This can't be right." She searched around for an alternative outfit. She walked down the rows of clothes but everyone she came across as just as bad.

This one appeared to be one of the tamer outfits. And that wasn't saying much.

Mara sighed, resigning herself reality.

"Well, here goes nothing," she said with a sigh. "Skywalker, you are so going to pay for this."

AzureAngel2, Gemma, Falcon and 2 others like this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Awesome update! Ha! It had everything I like in a story...bootknocking!

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I knew you would.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Great update and yup Luke's going to pay for that out fit :p

I didn't get your tag, if you underline and color the tag it doesn't work. Might want to keep that in mind for next time ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That's how it did it when I copied it. Sighs

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *snickers* Yeah, Luke's so dead for that outfit.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I, of course loved this whole chapter. But this line was my favorite :
    Please add me to your tags.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sure thing, Gemma That entire chapter was a blast and a melt to write. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    You just had to bring in the leather catsuit, eh?? Now we know why Luke liked it so much. If she was wearing that he had things other than her death threats to occupy his thoughts. ;) [face_laugh]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Naturally. Now that he's had a good and proper taste of how good Jade can be, [face_mischief] he won't be able to think of much else. [face_dancing] Focus, you must focus. [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    I just caught up! I'm really loving this AU. Can't wait to see where it goes next!

20. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Wow great update! I loooove the sizzle, its so perfect! I love how Luke takes charge, there's nothing quite better than a man admitting he wants the woman (we all know) he loves. And i love that he can't separate his feelings from the act in the end. So lovely. Can't wait for more! They are so cute and sexy [face_love][:D][:D]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely them in a few words: cute and sexy. :D

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Super action coming up. :)

Tags for:

Briannakin
    Juliet316
    Jedi_Lover
    serendipityaey
    EGKenobi

SiouxFan

In the end, Mara decided it would be best if she took a shower before getting dressed. The faint scent of musk radiated from her skin; a tell-tale sign of her earlier activities. What she and Luke shared was special, but if Palpatine caught a hint of it by any means, he would use it against her. She quickly took her shower and dried her body off, making a beeline for the bed where she’d placed the…outfit. If she could call it that.

She was about to drop her towel and pull it on when something dawned on her…she couldn’t find any underwear.

Mara ventured back into the closet searching the bench the catsuit had been draped across. Nothing. Maybe it had dropped behind the bench….Nothing.

Panicked she searched around the entire closet but found not a stich of panties. She found clothes of all types, dozens pairs of boots….but no underwear. Who had a closet full of clothing but no panties? Her eyes narrowed. Skywalker….

She felt a growl enter her throat….in addition to very un-Jedi like thoughts.

I’m going to have to go commando… She thought with dismay.

Releasing another resigned sigh, she turned back and proceeded to pull on the wretched suit.

He was a dead man.

Mara sat cross-legged. Or tried to in the damn suit, the construction of material made it quite near impossible. She couldn’t even lay down. Throwing her head back, she stretched out her legs and crossed her arms across her chest. She hated this, she decided, waiting around like some damsel in distress. It just didn’t sit well with her.

She got up and began to pace around the room in her bare feet. She looked down at them and decided it would be best if she put on some boots seeing as how she wouldn’t be getting any sleep whatsoever. Mara went to the closet and pulled out a pair of polish boots with a stiletto heel. She looked at them in disgust. Who wore these?

She tossed them aside in favor of a more practical pair. She slipped them on, all the while plotting her escape. Luke had been gone way too long for comfort.

What if he’s been found out? She thought.

Mara swallowed. Even if that was so, there was nothing she could do from here. She looked to the ceiling in the direction she was sure a cam was.

“I’m coming...” She whispered and approached the security panel.

As she was striding forward, she knocked over a carefully placed vase. She caught it in time before crashed and spotted something etched onto the surface below.

Since I knew you wouldn’t be able to sit still, I’ve taken the liberty of ensuring your passage.

Mara frowned.

What in the world did that mean?
    Frowning, she dismissed his words and turned her attention back to the panel. Mara looked it over carefully. It was top state of the art, but it wasn’t designed for prisoners. She could hack this no problem, she thought, and pulled the panel off.

She looked over her shoulder, knowing the cam would be focused on her at any moment—she had to make this quick. Giving the circuitry a quick glance, she immediately got to work.

But before she could make another move the door slid open.

“What do you think you’re doing?” A tall armored guard snapped.

Mara's eyes darted around, trying to justify her actions. She looked at the vase sitting beside the door.

If she let this guard have his way…she’d destroy her chances of getting out. Mara reached out with the Force picked up a sculpture resting in the corner. She hurled it his way then switched her attention back to the vase. The items went soaring toward the guardsman’s head and he ducked to avoid them. But surprisingly instead of taking a step backward, he took one forward.

Mara took this moment to lash out, striking for the neck, wishing she had her saber. The guard, as if anticipating her move blocked her strike—but not before Mara made her second strike. She thrust out her leg catching him in the side of the knee, causing his legs to buckle, but he held firm. She gauged him with a twist to her lips.

“I guess the Emperor’s pets aren’t jokes.” She said, and struck once more.

He caught her wrist this time and twisted it behind her back. She cried out in pain.

“Stop fighting me...” He growled.

One arm wound around her neck, pressing into it and cutting off her oxygen.

Panic set in to Mara’s brain as she struggled for breath. Her mind began to race as a sudden thought struck her. There was only one guard…

With her free arm, despite the pressing on her windpipe, Mara drove her elbow back into his solar plexus. She met resistance with the armor but heard the distinctive oof of the wind being knocked out.

“Kriff! You’re a real hellcat aren’t you? No wonder that brat Skywalker called me…”’

Mara stiffened, not failing to notice that he had said Skywalker, or the familiar tone which he used.

He eased the press of his arm from her neck.

“Sorry about that.” He said, “Now, I’m gonna let you go, but you’ve got to promise two things; one, you won’t run and two, you won’t try that elbow thing again. This armor is not as tough as people think and that really knocks the kriff out of you.”

She scowled, not entirely trusting this man.

He sighed heavily.

“Look, we don’t have time for this. Either you trust me or you don’t.”

Mara mulled over her options. She thought she could trust Luke and look where that led her. But then…there was there night together. She had felt his sincerity, and this guy had said that Luke had commed him.

She relaxed her posture slightly. She would go along, but she wouldn’t let her guard down.

“You can release me.” She said stonily.

The guard did so and Mara stepped back and away from him. She turned her eyes upward. He was tall, clad in a guardsman’s uniform of royal blue. He wore a helmet over his head. Armor covered most of his body, including legs arms, neck, chest and torso.

“So who are you, if you’re not here to take me to be enslaved by Palpatine?”

“The extraction team.” He said and pulled off the helmet.

“What’re you doing?” She hissed, eyes darting to the cams.

“Don’t worry, I’ve taken care of that.”

He had pulled off the helmet to reveal a tanned angular face, with eyes as dark as twin black holes with inky hair to match. He ran a gloved hand through his hair and dropped the helmet to the floor.

“Finally, it’s stifling in there.” He breathed out. “Can’t imagine how anyone could tolerate that, it’s like being in a sauna; no ventilation at all.” He then proceeded to remove the armor piece by piece, pulling off the gauntlet first.

When all pieces were piled on the floor the man looked back up at her. He was at least six feet in height and well-muscled, wearing black compression pants and a grey shirt. His black eyes tracked her with a measured gaze. She folded over her chest looking nonplussed.

“So what now?” Mara asked.

“I stow this away then we get out of here.” He disappeared for a minute then returned to the living quarters. “That should do it.” He stretched his neck to the side. “You ready?”

“Yes.”

“All right.”

He nodded then pressed the slap pad, letting the door slid open. He remained paused at it for a bit, poking his head out. He gave the hallway a quick scan before gesturing that the coast was clear. He stepped out into the corridor with Mara close behind.

“Okay, looks good. Let’s go.”

He started forward at a clipped pace, striding in such a way she had to almost run to keep up. When she caught up with him, she shot a glance sideways in his direction.

“One room I buy… but how did you control the entire palace?”

He looked at her questioningly.

“The holocams.”

“I hacked the system… caused a rolling blackout. It’ll pass through several sectors individually, that way it won’t raise any attention.”

Mara gauged him with a measure of surprise, duly impressed. Who was this man that he could hack into the palace’s security system.

“Who are you exactly?” She repeated. “Your name.”

He didn’t look at her, keeping his steady pace forward.

“Names not important.” He said shortly.

Mara eyed him and stopped suddenly.

“It is to me.” Her eyes narrowed. “If you won’t tell me your name…how do I know I can trust you?”

He stopped as well, turning to face her with a smirk.

“You wouldn’t be following me if you didn’t.”

He had her there, she thought grudgingly.

“Lead the way.”

He smirked once more.

“Stang, I was right. You are quite the little hellcat aren’t you?” He said good-naturedly. “I happen to like the fiery type myself, so I can see why he’s holding on to you. Lucky bastard.” He muttered. “You’re totally my type,” He flashed her a charming smile. “If he hadn’t already staked his claim.”

She bristled.

Staked his claim?! Mara thought irately.

“Listen, buster, I am not some piece of land. Luke does not own me or any man for that matter.” Her eyes narrowed once more. “Whom I choose I give myself freely to is my prerogative. Is that clear?”

“Crystal.”

Mara turned up her nose. “Now, that we’ve established that…let’s go.”

“Right,” He jerked his head to the right. ”This way,” he indicated then proceeded to open up a panel in the wall. “You should be able to get to the hangar from here.”

“What about the guards? No, wait. Don’t tell me, you took care of them.”

He arched an eyebrow.

"What sort of operative would I be if I left such an important detail unattended to?" Her companion asked.

Mara stifled a grin. This gentleman certainly did not lack for confidence or competence.

If Luke had entrusted her well-being to him, she supposed he must be all right as far as the immediate circumstances demanded.

It riled her that Luke might consider her an actual possession yet - there was a small part of her that was thrilled that even inadvertently, he felt the two of them somehow were connected - in some inexplicable fashion that she was powerless to prevent or untangle from.

They traveled through twists and turns. Her rescuer remaining oddly stoic the rest of the way. After several yards of twisting-turning passages, he stopped short at what seemed like a dead end.

“Now what?” she inquired, fearing he’d gotten then turned around.

Wordlessly, he placed his palm against a square stone and pressed forward. The stone slid inward and the stone wall opened, light cascading into the hidden passage.

“After you.”

Mara exited the secret doorway carefully, taking care to scan her surroundings. The man was close behind her. A large hangar sprawled in front of her with various vessels taking up every inch of space. Her companion indicated a sleek armored single-person vessel with an R7 astromech already in the socket.

He pressed an identichip into her hands.

"Complete with updated - seemingly authentic - bypass and transponder signals. There is also a navcomp trajectory with random hyperspace jumps to throw any potential followers off-track. “He told her, all businesslike, every vestige of the earlier snark vanished.

Mara frowned.

Would Luke be meeting up with her? How would he know when/if she had made it to safety?

He seemed to read her mind or guessed her questions

“He said he’d catch up.” He stepped back toward the hidden passage. “Now, hurry while you still have time.”

Mara nodded and started to leave.

“Ms. Jade...”

This stopped her.

“Tell the Princess…I’m taking care of things. She doesn’t have to worry anymore.”

She moved to speak but he had already darted back into the passage, the door closing behind him. Mara stood there, her mind reeling, left with unanswered questions and the sudden news he had left her with.

What in the name of the Sith had he meant?

She shook her head and headed for the transport. She’d deal with it at another time; she had to take this opportunity that was given to her and escape.

“Thank you…” Mara whispered.

Then it suddenly dawned on her that she hadn’t gotten his name.

Oh well….

_+++++++++

Gemma and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Uh - Oh.....

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Uh oh to which part?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I wonder who that was? Can't wait for more :D