main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    I just realized that this is the first time I have seen a fic that has Luke being the infiltrator and Mara being the Rebel.

Well done indeed!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I like how his eyes kept straying to Mara. But she's having none of it... yet.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the wonderful reviews. [:D] Post update coming asap today.

4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Emerald Note: This will be the start of Chapter 2..(part one of it anyway). More of Luke. Han and Leia snark (courtesy of Jade_eyes) And Mara.. She and Luke should get more interaction for the next part.

Tags: @Jedi_Lover @JediFalcon @SHADOW_MASTER_W Briannakin

Chapter 2 - Part One
    After Luke had exchanged a few more words with his fellow pilots, they were ushered to the debriefing room.

“Skywalker,” a tall blond bearded man intercepted him.

“Sir.” He said, studying the name plate. “General Madine.”

“I hear you’re a good pilot.” Madine said, gauging Luke with serious eyes.

And I hear you’re a traitor.

“I guess that depends on what your definition of good is.”

“Well, from what I’ve seen.” He brought out a dossier and scrolled through it. “You have the highest scores I’ve ever seen from any military academy. Pinpoint accuracy even. Amazing reflexes.”

He gave a tight smile. “I guess that is good.”

“Extremely.” He gave his own tight smile and stuck out his hand. “We’re happy to have you aboard.”

He widened his eyes in surprise. “Just like that?” He inquired cautiously. “What about the assessment? Lt. Daeson said there would be one.”

“Normally that would be the case, but you’re scores are quite excellent; I think I can make an allowance.”

“Sounds good.” He reached out and grasped the man’s hand, shaking it. “Shall we?”

Madine nodded briskly and turned in the opposite direction. Luke watched him for a moment before making his way to the debriefing room. He took in his surroundings noticing Antillies, Klivian, and Janson sitting off to one side. He didn’t see the princess or the red-head; he figured they must’ve been off plotting their next grand tactic.

-----------

Leia sank into one of the lounge's long couches with a cool drink and glanced across to where Mara was working with the other techs.

Han Solo noticed she was currently unoccupied and cornered her and practically demanded his payment.

"Hey, Your Glory, I didn't think you guys were the sort that would renege on an agreement."

"We're not." Leia retorted.

"Well, I guess I don't have to point out that I have obligations." He insisted. "I could be a real hard-nosed lout and charge interest by the day."

Leia scowled. "Are all Correllians as mercenary as you are? No, don't answer that." She rolled her eyes. "You'll get your pay, but I'm not going to promise interest, not by a long haul!"

"Either way, if I don't have creds in my hand by tomorrow, I'm out of here." Han replied. He needed the money but he needed to keep on the move, more; he couldn't afford to be on a track that Jabba's minions could trace. He was careful, of course; but the longer he stayed in one place ...

"Suit yourself, flyboy." Leia snarked back.

Han gave her a cold glower and strode off.

Leia sighed with relief.

She had better things to do than wrangle with a fool, although it did keep her from dwelling too long or too much on recent events. She glanced over to Mara's work area and grinned surreptitiously. Mara was having a heated exchange with one of the techs, it appeared.

Mara glared at Virana Ki, one of the computer techs.

"Look, I never said I was a certified slicer. I just got high marks in technical courses. It's not helping that you're just hovering."

Virana huffed and stalked away.

Mara harrumphed. "Well, she finally wised up." She grinned. Mara knew more than she let on, about laying false trails and other things. She had done so out of a fierce competition with her male classmates who patronized her to no end. "I'll show you!" And she had.

R2 bleeped and tootled.

Mara snorted. It almost sounded like the droid knew what she had been doing and approved, somehow.

Within moments, she had extracted the plans and went to hand them to Leia and Madine, who nodded and smiled their thanks.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Of course Artoo knows what she was trying to do. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Han better not leave, I love the banter too much.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice! I see you tagged me, but I am not getting the alerts. I don't know if there is a lag or what.

8. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Han's comment was pretty funny. I'm thinking, 'Dude, if you leave, you're never going to get your credits. Leia's got you by the neck on this.'

I hear you're a traitor. Yes he is, and you've been drinking the 'Imperial' kool-aid. Nice update!

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Imperial kool-aid. I like that.

10. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    We've got a bunch of middle- and senior-level leaders in the AF that just give us the 'party-line' and are afraid of speaking their mind, so we mumble that Colonel So-and-So has been '....drinking the Blue kool-aid again...'! I figured it applied here!

I get that there are times to not question authority as a soldier (or a society)--but if you do that ALL the time, it creates problems.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. @};-

SHADOW_MASTER_W JediFalcon Jedi_Lover Briannakin
    ~~~~

Note: Emerald did the briefing scene. We brainstormed etc. on the L/M chat after.

__

Chapter Two, part 2.

Note: I used a New Hope to help me with the debriefing room scene, the words are generally the same but modify so I wouldn’t to suit story format.

Luke sat in the debriefing room, as General Dodonna, explained what the pilots were seeing on the screen.

He narrowed his eyes at the image. The Death Star, he thought.

“We have analyzed the plans of the battle station provided to us by Princess Leia and have discovered a weakness.” He switched views showing what appeared to be a trench. “Since this approach will not be easy, you will maneuver your fighter down this trench, skimming the surface up until this point.” He zoomed the schematics in. The target is exactly two meters wide; it’s a small thermal exhaust port right bellow the main port.

“The thermal exhaust port leads down into the shaft which is connected to the reactor system. A precise hit should be able to penetrate the system thereby starting a chain reaction which will destroy the station.” He paused and reiterated. “Only a precise hit.”

Luke studied the design barely able to blink. How could such a flaw exist in a weapon like that? It seemed implausible, even if it was ray-shielded.

“….ray-shielded, so you’ll have to use proton torpedoes.” Dodonna finished saying.

“That’s impossible,” Wedge objected, “Even for a computer.”

Hardly. He thought. It’s no different from hitting fuselage on the back of a starfighter,

Nearby a voice issued a comment, repeating nearly identical thoughts.

“If you can hit the engine on a common starfighter I don’t see how impossible it is.” Mara murmured, under her breath. “And the reactor won’t be moving.”

Luke cast a glance over his shoulder, startlingly impressed. He favored her with a smile, his gaze approving.

Mara smirked back. She liked needling the pilots, especially the good-looking, blue-eyed one. Mara thought silently. He seemed to know a bit, maybe even a lot more, than the other new recruits.

Dodonna dismissed the pilots and Luke smiled at Mara as he began to mingle briefly with the other pilots, talking about starfighters and other things, but his eyes kept straying to Mara.

*****~~~

Luke answered Wedge's question about ray shielding causing too much of a problem.

"You'll just have to target tighter and lock in a different firing sequence to make the effect more intense." Janson interjected. "How did that lovely redhead know so much?"

Klivian snorted. "Don't get your hopes up, Wes. She was trying to impress someone else in our little group."

Wedge laughed.

"You?"

Hobbie sighed. "I am not that lucky. I think it was Skywalker."

Luke felt an inner surprise. Really?

He gave an enigmatic smile to this last comment and the group parted ways.

As soon as that conversation broke up, he made his way over to Mara, as if eager to have a few words with her.

Let’s talk, he seemed to mouth.

Mara gave an inner shrug. She couldn't quite decide if she wanted to talk with him or not ... to get better acquainted.
    She blinked, surprised by his boldness but at the same time not surprised.

Mara was half-tempted to turn his smug, arrogant self down, but was slightly interested in what exactly he wanted. She followed him out, catching up with him quickly.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Mara asked briskly.

“Wow, you get right to the point. No small talk hmm?”

She resisted the urge to grit her teeth.

“Get to the point, Skywalker.”

“I just wanted to talk to you.” He paused. “That was extremely good insight… I have to admit you….intrigue me”

“I intrigue you.” She deadpanned. Inside, she smiled. Boys her age had always flirted, or tried to. But they were clumsy at it. Luke Skywalker, whatever else she could say about him, was no social illiterate. He seemed to mean what he said, at least to her.

“That’s right. Something about you I can’t put my finger on…”

Han Solo was making his way down the corridor and looking like a thundercloud.

"If he doesn't get something more tangible than a thank you, he's out of here." Mara observed.

"How sorry would you be to see him go?" Luke asked casually.

Mara shrugged and admitted: "It makes no difference to me one way or the other, but he seems a decent sort, handy in a crunch situation."

“Ah, I see. You have a soft spot for the more roguish types.” Luke probed.

Mara shot him a cool look. What's it to you, anyhow? She wondered silently.

Luke continued: “…or maybe secretly you prefer my devilish charms but don’t want to admit it.”

Mara scoffed. “That’s only in your dreams; do you always think women are fawning over you?"

“Not always. Just the one’s that keep looking my way…I can’t help it if your eyes wander of their own accord in my direction.” Luke grinned.

"Whatever could have happened to give you such a high opinion of yourself?" She wondered aloud.

Luke laughed.

"Nothing wrong with a bit of self-confidence, is there?"

Mara rolled her eyes. "You call that, a bit?"

He grinned. In his usual circle of acquaintance, none dared to be as forthright, for whatever reason. This was refreshing.

"You know, Jade, it wouldn't hurt to spend a little time with me, just to see if I am right to be intrigued and whether your skepticism is justified." Luke suggested.

"I may be pleasantly surprised and change my mind about you, if we spend more time together?" Mara asked, doubtfully. "You don't think it might go the other way: I decide I was right, after all?"

"You'll never know, otherwise, will you?"

Mara had to admit he had a point.

She grudgingly nodded. "Allright, Skywalker. I'll take you up on your ... challenge? Dare? But don't get ahead of yourself."

Luke grinned in secret triumph.

She wasn't part of his mission parameters, but she sure made the whole endeavor more interesting.

+++___

SHADOW_MASTER_W likes this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Ah, I'm so glad we brainstormed alot. this came out good.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Hey, he sounds a little like Shadows of Mindor Luke...which is a hellava lot better than Children of the Jedi Luke. ;) I like this confident man. Nice update.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks! I like him myself. Proud even.
    Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    As with many men before him, a redhead shall be his undoing.......;)

JediFalcon and Jade_eyes like this.
  16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Loved the updates and the banter too :D more soon

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, this Luke is a lot more confident. I wonder who he learned that from [face_thinking]

Eagerly awaiting to find out where this leads.

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I quite enjoyed this chapter and this confident Luke.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Either you guys know some fighter pilots, or you've watched Top Gun a bunch, because you've got the over-the-top machismo down. I don't know--if some guy came on to you all like that, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't think him confident! It'd be more like, '...conceited jerk.'

Good stuff!

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I just know how I want this Luke to be is all.

21. Kat-Arva

Kat-Arva Jedi Padawan

Apr 7, 2013
    Hmmm, I suppose it's beginning of something... And, well, who knows where this challenge might lead them... [face_devil]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Haven't you heard...chicks dig jerks. o_O seriously, I think we are all just hoping it doesn't take ten years and a Force-intervention to get Mara and Luke bootknocking.

SiouxFan and Jade_eyes like this.
  23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That's what you wish most of the time. I wish we can gt through this fic without them potentially kiling eachother...look just like always. Or more like without Mara killing him..just like always. Doesn't appear what kind of personality he has...still makes Mara want to smack him upside the head. lol

And yeah...there are some women who just love the guys who treat them like crap, It's a reality, a sad reality but it happens

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    @EmeraldJediFire-- hey are you saying there isn't going to be bootknocking? By the way, "Chicks Dig Jerks" is the title of a song...I don't necessarily support that opinion...but then considering that I married the Earth's version of a Sith Lord...maybe it is true.

25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    @Jedi_Lover-you need to be more clear on when you reference songs *sighs* and..we haven't decided. It'll probably happen..What do you think Jade?

Jade_eyes likes this.