main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I'm not sure Luke's going to be able to get out of this one.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great update and I hope Luke knows what he's doing

How about a Mara/Vader scene directly next post [face_batting] yes [face_batting]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ny's Note: Updating arriving asap. :D Keep an eye out sometime today.

4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks to all who have waited and have read so far: Juliet316, Falcon, Hazel, and ginchy.

____

Luke leaned back in his seat and adjusted the dials in his X-wing. It would take under twenty four standard hours to make it to the Emperor’s stronghold; leaving him just enough time for him to iron out the details of his story. His brief offering would hold Palpatine at bay for the time being, but he knew he had to have a plan in place. Because one false move and he would no doubt be on the receiving end of his Master’s less than pleasant demeanor.

Luke knew whatever Vader had planned for Mara didn’t bode well for her. The question was what possible good was a woman like Mara to a man like Palatine? Sure Mara was brilliant and she excelled at all things mechanical and electronic, but surely that wasn’t enough to garner his attention. She wasn’t important enough to be claimed as a hostage either. An unseemly thought flitted through his brain.

Mara, in addition to being very intelligent, was also quite beautiful. He thought of Shira Brie, who coincidentally had both red hair and green eyes, and a sick feeling rolled through his stomach. He knew that Brie’s beauty worked to Palpatine’s advantage, but Luke couldn’t help but feel uneasy and he suddenly felt sick at the direction his mind went.

No, that couldn’t be it! He made a disgusted sound in his throat and was on the verge of gagging.
    If that was Palpatine’s plan it would be over his dead body-Palpatine’s not his. Mara belonged to him and him alone!

He recoiled, shock jolting through him at this fiercely possessive tone.

What in the nine Corellian hells was that!?

He drew in a frustrated breath, brows furrowing. He’d admit he had an intense attraction to the red-headed siren, but he wasn’t sure that the attraction went that far. What was the word? Love? He pondered this for a moment, then shook his head as if to clear of it of any thoughts.

His feelings had no bearing on this mission. And the mission was his priority above all else.

This wasn’t over though; deep down he knew, regardless of his subservience, this was just a minor road bump. He’d been done far too long and the Emperor would no doubt note that….his stomach began to clench.

He’d gone through far too much for his actions to be called into question now!

Luke shook his head.

Just focus on the mission, he reminded himself. Just do your job and all will fall into place.

That’s all it was: a job.

Luke dumped his X-wing off at a halfway point, much like he had done before with his Imperial transportation. No use in getting shot down before reaching the Emperor. He traveled the rest of the way in a nondescript Headhunter; giving false transponder codes that only the Emperor’s most top agents were privy to. Bypassing the security sector, Luke docked his fighter at a landing platform close to the Imperial Palace. He disembarked from it and proceeded through security clearance. His position was under the guise of a high ranking officer who personally reported to the Emperor. His actual connection was on a need to know basis--which very few did.

And if they did, they didn’t recall for very long--mostly because they were dead.

Luke made his way through the palace, passing officials and palace staff, before slipping discretely into the more restricted areas. The “restricted areas” were really more like secret passages for Palpatine’s more covert agents: i.e. his Hands. For all purposes, these areas did not exist to the rest of the palace or the military.

It took him fifteen minutes of winding in and out of passages, until he finally passed through a door which led to the Emperor’s throne room. As he exited the passageway, which was sheltered by darkness, Palpatine’s voice rang out in that aged and chilling tone.

“So you have finally returned.” He said, a sneer in his voice.

“Yes,” Luke responded. “I am here.”

“Approach me.”

He did so, slinking through the shadows until he crossed into a stream of artificial light.

“Do not tarry; you try my patience.” Palpatine rasped.

“I am sorry, my Master.” He said in an earnest tone.

He approached the throne, eyeing the aging Sith lord perched atop it. Palpatine watched his approach with a displeased look on his face.

“You have taken your time.” He commented.

“My apologies, my Master.” He bowed his head.

“Your apologies mean little!” Palpatine snapped. “When I order you to compromise their infrastructure I expect my orders to be followed, Hand.” The moniker was said with a mocking tone; the Emperor was bent on humiliating and insulting him.

In the back of his mind, he could sense Shira Brie lurking by. His humiliation could never be his own. Of course, Palpatine would have an audience to witness it.

The woman was far in the shadows close to the Emperor’s throne. He watched her out of the corner of his eyes, and he could feel her blanketed amusement.
    I’m so glad I could provide you with entertainment. He thought, trying not to glare her way.

“Skywalker!” His Master snarled once more.

“Yes, Master.” He tried to keep the irritation out of his voice. Even though it was directed against Brie, it would not do well for him if the Palpatine caught on to it.

“It seems your mind is elsewhere.”

“Of course not,” he assured. “I am merely eagerly awaiting your orders. Your plans will finally come to fruition.”

“Good, see that it doesn’t happen again; I had begun to believe you had...gone astray.” his eyes narrowed. “An occurrence which would be quite unfortunate.”

For me. Luke thought caustically.

Luke remained silent.

Palpatine continued, “I have already set about putting plans into motion. The fleet is to leave in under twelve hundred hours. With the information you have provided, we will finally be able to catch the Rebels once and for all.” He stroked the arm of his throne with one finger. “And you, Skywalker, shall be rewarded for your allegiance.”

“I am honored, my Master.”

“You may go.” He announced with a flick of his fingers.

Luke bowed his head subserviently then turned to leave, a strange, lingering feeling settling in his stomach.

This had only just begun.

Mon Mothma frowned as she and the others gathered for a briefing.

A preliminary check of all the known pilot hangouts and Luke's assigned quarters turned up nothing.

"We will have to go ahead without him." She decided. "It was a courtesy to involve him, considering his position and help on prior missions, besides his close friendship with Mara."

The rest of the command staff nodded in full agreement.

Leia glanced across the briefing table to where Han Solo was taking the whole thing in. Han's expression was closed-off. He was doubtlessly as surprised and disappointed as she was; although if pushed on the point, he'd probably have something cynical and flippant to say.

Mon Mothma and Riekkan were now discussing who should participate in the upcoming rescue and reconnaissance.

Leia volunteered naturally. She was not surprised in the slightest when Han did as well. The odds were stacked against them, but Han was always up for that sort of challenge.

Airen Cracken was selected to lead the insertion team, being an expert in Intelligence. Leia’s close friend and fellow Alderannian, Winter, was selected as well for her Intelligence training and experience.

Cracken caught up with Winter on the way to the hangar bay.

"Do you think two Cruisers and an Interdictor will be sufficient?" She asked after they exchanged greetings.

Cracken frowned.

"Enough?" He repeated.

She sighed.

"To hold our own, at least?"

He scowled as they arrived at Home One's boarding ramp.

"One can only hope so." He pressed his lips together. "And pray that this is all a misunderstanding." Cracken left, leaving Winter to ponder his cryptic words.

Later, once Home One had made hyperspace, Leia and Winter met in the dining hall of the cruiser for a cup of caf.

The ladies waved a greeting as most of Rogue Squadron entered and headed to a table across the room.

Winter took a long sip of her drink and observed with a wry grin: "So, I guess Antilles is heading up Rogue Squadron after all? He didn't want the exec position I hear. He was glad when Skywalker got it instead."

Leia answered, "With Luke unaccounted for, Wedge is the most experienced.

Winter gave a long sigh.
    "In this kind of situation, we all need to step up."

Leia pursed her lips. "I hope we find out what's happened to Luke and we can spring Mara loose." She said. "It feels almost too much to want both. One of those by itself seems improbable."

Winter squared her shoulders.

"I know. But what choice do we have? Cracken said the most puzzling thing to me Leia." Winter recounted Cracken's words about a misunderstanding.

Leia frowned. "A misunderstanding? Between whom, and about what?"

"I haven't the slightest notion." Winter answered. "And that unknown worries me more than anything else."

After arriving, Vader had immediately informed his Master of the young woman’s Force talents. He briefly pondered her usefulness; if she could be turned.

Shira Brie, who resembled Mara physically, also had Force talents, but they were less advanced than Mara's. Brie was also far too self-centered to be trusted, she looked out for herself alone.

Under Palpatine’s instruction, he’d been tasked to break Mara’s barriers. It had been more difficult than he had first believed. The woman was stubbornness personified, she was defiant and irritatingly loyal. Vader believed, though, Mara could be turned--there was no will that could not be broken.

She could be a useful agent--ostensibly to the Emperor, but also to other hidden goals.

He pondered other methods that could be employed to break her. A weakness…. Skywalker. He recalled Mara’s abject denial on Bespin regarding a certain Hand. Yes, that would do nicely—but he couldn’t employ it without arousing the Emperor’s suspicions

It was apparently obvious to others, that Skywalker and he had no admiration for each other. Vader barely recognized the arrogant and withdrawn Hand unless necessary.

The Emperor had to bring it about himself.

As for Skywalker, his loyalty could be easily swayed--it was ultimately to the Empire.

His return had, of course, not gone unnoticed; news had spread like wildfire, and it hadn't taken very long for Vader himself to learn of the communications. He had overheard his Master speaking with his errant Hand; Skywalker had been divulging the Rebel's location among other secrets he had learned during his time with them.

Upon hearing this, Vader's mind began to formulate a plan.

Once their principal base and leaders were disposed of, the insurrection would be all but over except for the minor cells. If Mara's comrades were foolhardy enough to mount a rescue attempt, they would fall into Palpatine's rapacious clutches, as well.

The Empire could go back to what passed for normal, and he could pursue his own private agendas and ambitions.

And If Skywalker survived the upcoming power struggles, perhaps he would be a valuable ally in Vader's own plans?

Mara groaned and rolled out of bed. She was not, as she had half feared she would be, in a dank and dreary Palace dungeon. She was being watched scrupulously by the Emperor's personal Royal Guards.

Mara scowled as she made her way to the windows. She regarded it bleakly; there wasn't much of a view from this side of the Palace. Only vast skylanes and tall buildings met her gaze.

She held her head, feeling the throbbing pain behind her lids. She had been able to withstand the Emperor's interrogatory probes—barely. She hadn’t wanted to reveal the full extent of her Force abilities, so she had merely used the defensive side of these.

She wanted to convey the impression that she was less potent - and thus less of a threat.

A part of her wondered, however, if they did eventually succeed in breaking through her defenses - then what?

Mara shrugged inwardly. Best not to pursue that line of thought too much.

Earlier, she had heard her guards talking. Mara knew they hadn't intended for her to hear any rumors, but she had heard them say something about the Emperor's most important Hand seemingly redeeming himself with vital information about the Alliance.

She licked her lips, pondering about this agent, it was obvious he was very important to be given such pivotal task. Where was he coming from and where had he gotten the information? Who was he?

Her head began to throb once more. She sighed, rubbing away the vestiges of a headache.

Nevermind him, whoever he was! Who cared about some weasely lackey of Palpatine’s anyhow.

Just then, another man took over her thoughts. She wondered, fleetingly, if Luke would come after her. But how could he? It would be a suicide!

Mara felt a knot form in the pit of her stomach. Had her actions on Bespin led her friends into a vulnerable situation, into mounting a futile rescue and thus falling into the Emperor's clutches?

Mara wished she had been able to have one last conversation with Luke: warn him away, if nothing else. She flattened her lips into a thin line.

She couldn’t do a thing about that now though.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    ... and now everything really is about to go to hell in a handbasket. Oh Luke what has your impulsiveness wrought?

On a side note: When does Vader uncover the fingerprints of Obi - Wan's training in Mara?

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update. I liked it when Luke got all possessive about Mara.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  8. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Just started this, great so far!

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    well this should be interesting. More soon

10. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Man, I had to go back a couple of pages to remember what was going on where! Luke getting called on the carpet, and Mara still in prison…definitely not a good day.

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Can I get tags too? :D

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sure 'nuff. [:D] [face_love] !!

serendipityaey likes this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I apologized this Tooksolong to get you guys but there were some things that really needed to be finalized and hammered out before I would even consider doing the posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great story. Read it in a single sitting. Please let me know when you update it.

EG

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, EG! Count on it! Thanks for reading! @};-

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: This is one rockin' update. :)

Tags & thanks for reading/reviewing:

SiouxFan

Juliet316

Falcon

serendipityaey

Jedi_Lover

EGKenobi

-------

Luke thought he would have time to gather his thoughts together and iron out his plan a bit more. His Master had had other plans. He had no doubt Palpatine was suspicious. Idle hands were the devil’s tools…he wondered if the same was to be said of idle minds. Playground….workshop. Something like that. Although workshop fit better with tools.

He shook his head, casting out these thoughts. It didn’t matter.

The matter at hand was that Palpatine—although he had accepted Luke back—did not trust him. This was nothing too surprising. Luke expected as much.

He knew he would have to try hard to gain Palpatine’s trust. This had no doubt been orchestrated as an attempt to test his loyalty. So far….he’d done his best to put everything else out of his mind—if he didn’t he was sure to fail.

He drew in a long suffering breath, approaching the end.

He was being called forth as expected. Vader had failed. Never send a half man to do a man's job. He thought with a slight sneer.

______

When Mara's door opened, she spun around, expecting ... what? Whom?

When she saw Luke framed in the doorway, her green eyes widened in surprise and then happiness.

She rushed to him: "Luke! You suicidal nerf-herder! How ever ... what ever possessed you ..."

Then she caught sight of the guarded expression in his eyes.

Why wasn't he glad to see her, too?

Doubtlessly worried about getting caught ... fine time to get concerned about that small detail now, Mara mused with an inner eye-roll.

They looked at each other for several beats.

Mara's stomach tightened then in apprehension.

If anything, Luke's expression was even more closed-off - and he could not quite meet her gaze.

"What is it?" Mara asked in a low tone.

Luke did not respond, but simply turned and waved his hand to someone outside the cell. Her guards?

"I won't be needing you." He said in a level, dispassionate tone.

There was a murmur of assent outside before the doors closed shut behind him. Mara stared hesitantly, her heart following her stomach as worry blossomed.

He strode forward, hands clasped behind his back, his gait resembling that of a sleek hunting cat. He still had not spoken a word to her, yet his gaze remained fixed on her. He seemed to be…studying her?

“You’re not here to rescue me, are you?” Mara tentatively wagered. She was no damsel in distress, but something in this cell made it impossible for her, even with the Force, to escape her confines.

He smiled, but it wasn’t his usual smile. “That would be correct, Ms. Jade. I knew you were perceptive.”

Mara froze, her heart skipping a beat, before racing. "What is it with this 'Ms. Jade'?" She demanded. "And who are you, precisely, that you're able to bark orders to the Guards, and they jump?"

Suddenly, she broke off. She put together the rumors she'd unwittingly heard and now Luke's presence and air of authority.

Then she put that together with all the nuances and undercurrents with Shira Brie all those months ago.

She gasped in utter betrayed shock.

"Was it all a sham, then?" She asked in a hoarse whisper. "Your feelings for me, as well?"

"It was you who made it to be more out than it was. I promised you nothing." As he delivered this harsh statement, his eyes seemed dead.

Mara's gaze sharpened. "That's a load of bantha poodoo. You're the one who came chasing after me like a love-struck adolescent!" She took a deep breath and said in a crisp and formal tone: "Don't think you'll get any more out of me than those other incompetent fools were!"

He snorted. "You won't get anything out of me. So if you're trying to bait me, I suggest you cease right now."

Mara retorted: "Spare me. You don't scare me, hotshot. I don't feel like wasting my time or energy dancing around until one of us blinks. So you can go back to your Master with your tail between your legs."

He remained silent, before speaking again: "I can see why they want you. You have fire...no doubt other attributes..." A light seemed to go on.

Mara felt a strange probing.... Coming from ...him?

She forcibly put up her shields and then pushed back ... hard.

It held all her pent-up anger. This was why the Jedi said don't do things out of anger.
    Because it had a lot of impetus behind it.

Luke was unprepared for her backlash. He had expected some sort of defensive maneuver from Mara. But this ...

He staggered, feeling the grandfather of all migraines starting. Holding his head, he warned, "Don't do that again."

Mara noticed he didn't retaliate.

His eyes now told her something perhaps even he was not aware of communicating: that he wouldn't hurt her, unless he had to. She felt an odd, involuntary flutter. Perhaps his feelings for her hadn't been all a facade?

"Unless you care to bring the guards down on our heads?” Luke challenged.

"So you do care." Mara said softly.

Luke's eyes had changed from dead-looking to almost remorseful.

"So you're okay with this? With all of this?"

He didn't say a word.

"Answer me!"

"That's not relevant, Mara."

Mara studied him closely. Despite his words, she took note of what he’d called her. Not Ms. Jade. Mara. She took his hand before he could pull away.

"No. I think it is very relevant. Whether you want to admit it or not."

Luke returned to the throne room after spending fifteen minutes keeping up the charade of interrogation. For all the guards outside knew and Palpatine would know, he had spent a long arduous time trying to break her but was not successful. He knew what the Emperor’s true plans were, but he couldn’t act on his own.

“So, what do you think of the female?” Palpatine asked as Luke approached the throne once more.

“She is strong…far too much so.” He replied carefully. “I’m afraid breaking her under…normal methods will not be enough.”

His Master looked displeased. “I would have thought a Hand of your…talents, would have found a way to extract what I desire.”

“I had considered such methods…” Such as been his thoughts, as well as Palpatine’s. “But…I fear that the cell she resides in is much too small and not accommodating enough. It lacks…atmosphere.”

The Sith Lord pressed his lips together.

“Perhaps,” a vile grin spread across his face. “You would be more comfortable…in one of the Northern Wing’s suites?”

“That would be adequate…” A salacious grin on his part. “For what I had in mind.”

“Good.” Palpatine seemed gleeful. “I will send her to your quarters.”

Luke bowed. “As you wish, my Master.”

_______

TBC...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Lol! Oh yeah! No torture probe droid for Mara! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. :p

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Ah, Jl. Why is your mind always in the trashpile? (Oh who am I kidding, that's exactly where it's going--lol)

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Things are about to get very very interesting. What happens if/when Vader learns Mara was trained by Obi - Wan and Yoda? And would Mara ever 'kidnap' Luke and take him to Dagobah?

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    We'll see... and interesting is a mild word for what comes next.

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    "So you do care." Mara said softly.

Luke's eyes had changed from dead-looking to almost remorseful.

Well, now, that says a lot right there. And that ending.... interesting, for sure. Great update!!

22. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Man, we're going to have to get JL another cold shower!

'…Palpatine did not trust him…' I'm not sure Palpatine trusts anyone!

Mara took this new development much better than I would have expected…I thought she would have gone all, well, Mara Jade on him, prison cell or not.

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oohh, that was very intense! I love the tension that is so evident between them and eager to find out what happens next =D=

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: This update is worth the wait let me say ... on the brink of uber!awesome turning points.

~~

Luke turned as the door slid open behind him. Mara was ushered into the room by two lower level palace guards, her wrists in thick binders. The look on her face was one of anxiousness. She wasn’t sure what to expect at this time.

Luke said dismissively, “You may leave her to me,” giving them a pointed look.

The men nodded and retreated. When the door closed behind them, Mara took the time to look back at it, then turned back to him. She watched him cautiously. He walked toward her with his champagne glass. He stopped a few feet from her and sat the glass down on the side table near the door then reached over to undo her bindings.

As Mara watched him, he could feel a wave of suspicion and loathing radiate off of her.

When the binders fell away, she reached up to massage her chafing wrists. Looking at him, she asked, “What’s going on?”

“Champagne?” He offered, picking up the glass.

“Dare I take this?” Mara said snidely. There was more than a tinge of irony in her tone.

He almost smirked in amusement, but decided to off play it for the surveillance cams, and instead took on a decidedly offended look.

“I wish you wouldn’t act like I mean to harm you, Mara.” He scowled. “Your lack of faith hurts.”

Mara crossed her arms over her chest, her chin jutting out stubbornly. “Tell me why I should believe you right now. Up to this point you’ve lied to me and deceived me.”

He sighed heavily and swirled the champagne. They were being monitored, so he needed to handle this carefully.

He softened his tone: “You misunderstand me, Mara, I merely told you…”

She snorted. “You’re not going to hurt me? I’ll buy that, not psychically anyway. Not so long as I can be useful, right?” She bit out.

He gave another long suffering sigh.

“You are always like this.” He commented.

Mara frowned.

“You’re just saying those things to soften me up, so it's justified.” She retorted.

Seeing she wasn’t going to see reason or fall in line with his plan he shook his head.

Her shoulders remained tense and her posture rigid. The well-cushioned furnishings and the elegant wall-hangings had only put her more on guard.

His eyes softened. “Perhaps you could use softening up. You look tired, Mara.” He commented. “I very much doubt they have handled your care well.” He set aside the glass. “If you’d like, a bath can be arranged—I’ve already had one drawn.”

Mara grimaced. A bath in an actual tub sounded splendid. But she was still wary of Luke's genuine intent.

He made his way to the 'fresher and opened the door, allowing a view of a spacious bathing area from which soothing fragrances wafted.

When she didn't follow, he turned slightly. "I assure you I have no nefarious designs." He tossed out playfully/wolfishly.
    Mara remained rooted to the spot.
    "I'm fine."

He groaned inwardly.'
    So she was going to make this hard for him. He took two quick steps and grabbed hold of her upper arm. He clamped down on it roughly. She no longer had a choice in the matter.

Luke felt her wince and immediately felt shame. He shoved the feeling ruthlessly aside; he couldn't afford those feelings right now--not if he wanted this plan to succeed.

"Why are you doing this?" She questioned. "What are you getting out of this? What does the Empire have against you? Are they holding hostage someone you care for?"

Her words stopped him dead.

Are they holding hostage someone you care for…?

Zing.

He digested these words, taking care not to gnaw the inside of his mouth.

Here was this woman at his perceived mercy and she was reaching out to him unafraid. What’s more, she hadn't complained or cried out; she remained resolute in the face of his bullying. Minute pride swelled within his chest. She really was something.

They subconsciously stepped through the doorway. He released the hold he had on her arm, his hand dropping away from her as he let the 'fresher door close behind them.

Mara eyed him speculatively.

"I just can't figure you out." She said, voicing her puzzlement aloud.

Luke let his cold mask slip a bit.

Mara gaped at him. He looked more like the Rebel she had come to know and care for, now. She was totally confused. Which was the genuine Luke, anyhow? Did he even know?

Seeming to catch the drift of her bewildered musing, Luke said: "Regardless of what you may think of me, I’m not the bad guy in this, Mara.”

She studied him some more. The snide comment: Really? almost spilled out, but she bit it back. "I don't know what your definition is of candor, but ... I'm not in the mood for being taken in again. Whatever you have in mind, at least play it straight with me, for a change."

Luke grimaced. That was a fair request, he decided. If he threw in his lot with Mara, his days of usefulness to the Empire would be running short, not to mention his actual lifespan. But something beyond ambition and professional pride was motivating this. At the moment, though, he didn't dare examine it too closely.

"I've been tasked to get vital information from you. I could report I was unsuccessful, but that would not help either of us."

"And I should care about your grand and illustrious career, why?"

"You have no reason to. But I do care about you. That was always above-board, Mara."

Mara scowled. Her Force-sense was telling her she could believe that at least. She didn't want to believe him out of sentimentality, only.

Mara began to shrug out of her clothing but realized Luke hadn’t left her in peace as she wished.

“Are you going to stand there and watch me like some voyeur?”

“The thought had crossed my mind.” He said nonchalantly. “but no that’s not why I’m staying here. Please proceed. There’s much that needs discussing before I leave this room.”

She looked irked at his suggestion she undress in front of him.

He sighed and turned around.

“Is this better?”

“Much.” She retorted.

“You think I’m enjoying this…look I don’t have time…we don’t. I need you to get in the tub so we can get this out of the way.”

A gasp.

“Get what out of the way?!”

“Not that.” He snapped, whirling around.

He stopped dead in his tracks. Mara was mostly nude and about to enter the tub. He simply stared at her for a long while; not being able to drag his eyes from her exposed form.

“Why don’t you take a holo, it will last you longer.” She said sardonically.

“Just get in.” He said angrily - more at his instinctive reaction of desire than anything else.

When she didn’t comply, he sighed and turned his head away once more. He listened to the shuffling of clothes then the sound of water sloshing around as she got into the tub before he turned back around. Mara was fully submerged in the tub, bubbles all around her with her eyes gazing warily at him.

“I’m in. Now, what?” She sounded resigned.

“I’m not doing this to be cruel.” He approached the tub. “But we need to speak, quickly. I’ve already wasted enough time, they’ll start to get suspicious.”

Mara reached for a luffa.

“So speak...”

He folded his arms. “I have a plan.”

++++

TBC ...

Briannakin ___ Juliet316 ______ serendipityaey

EGKenobi ___ Jedi_Lover

SiouxFan

If I missed anyone - or if you want to be untagged LOL just say.

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Juliet316 like this.
  25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh and I loved writing this so much, I helped finish it off on my birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk