main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Crossing Enemy Lines-- AU. (L/M, etc) Complete: 01/16/16.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 31, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A Collaboration by Nyota's Heart and the amazing EmeraldJediFire.

Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters. Genre: Action, humor, mush, eventually.

Characters: Everyone, but especially L/M, not how or the way you normally see them. :D

~~~~~~~

Prologue

Owen and Beru Lars were so glad when Beru finally conceived. They were so afraid that she never would. Loran, their son, grew up to be handy with farming, and Owen was relieved he didn't want adventure.

Leia had been adopted by Bail Organa. Luke's whereabouts ... he'd been taken unexpectedly from his guardians on Dantooine.

Obi-Wan did have a protege, however. Mara Jade, whose parents had settled on Tatooine after escaping the Jedi Purge. She had grown up close friends with Biggs Darlighter and was constantly at their home.

She, as it happened, was being trained, very secretly, by Obi-Wan; he called it lessons in self-defense and honing her innate skills so she wouldn't be a lame, helpless target, just in case.

When the Lars bought two droids, little did they know that everything would change.

Then Loran accidentally accessed a very mysterious, but incomplete, message.

+++
    TBC, ;) [face_batting]

lys_chan_83 likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great start! I'm looking forward to seeing where you two take this.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Interesting...where is Luke? Hmm..

Can you tag me. I rarely look in the SAGA time frame.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Very interesting beginning. And in Saga, too. Where is my poor Lukie?? :(

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Don't worry. He'll rear his head. Probably not till chapter 2 I think.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. Loran Lars is an OC. Haven't decided how many appearances he'll have [face_thinking] This is part one of chapter one.

~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan was training Mara in secret. He had Force nullifiers around his home, fields which scrambled it and made it so much "white" noise. This was to those on the outside. On the reverse side of the field, it acted like a Force enclosure, so that if anything there was merely a slight dampening. Mara had amazing skills, she was naturally agile and quick to grasp points. Her hand-to-hand skills were superb, and she was adept indeed with the saber. Her mental skills were also impressive. She shielded better than anyone he'd ever known.

He taught her all she would need to know to hold her own, but not so much that she attracted undesired attention when she left to join the Pilots' Academy. She had made a pest of herself around the spaceports and repair yards, hanging around pilots and repair techs, soaking up everything she could obtrusively and otherwise.

Suddenly, one morning, their peace was shattered when two mysterious droids showed up with a harried youth in tow. [face_laugh] +++ TBC Jedi_Lover

lys_chan_83 likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Interesting...who is the harried youth. [face_thinking] Lobacca? No, that would be a hairy youth.

ginchy and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

I'm wondering the same thing.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^Let's hear it for Jedi_Lover=D= --two shows daily at the Forum, ladies and gentlemen!

I'm more interested in finding out how a harried (or hairy) youth got from Dantooine to Tattoine. Especially with these 'two mysterious droids'.

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    /\ /\ SiouxFan -- is that snarky sarcasm I hear? o_O Wow, you harrass me in my threads, your threads and other people's threads. [face_shame_on_you]

;)

11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I'm really interested in exactly what you're implying.To get back to the story, I'm surprised Jade_eyes you did a teaser thing like that..gave me an idea how this might be done.

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    A short chapter but interesting to see how Obi-Wan is guarding Mara.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Hey's its Emerald here. This part of the chapter will be longer. Slightly. Jade_eyes and I have worked out a system. And I get to post my first part! *claps*

Tags: Jedi_Lover

Hope you all enjoy!

~~~~~
    "Of course, I understand." Luke looked at the commlink, with a bit of annoyance.

His orders had been switched impromptu; it wasn't like the man to change them on a whim.

Fickle was farthest the word to describe such a man. Terrifying yes, foreboding for sure, but fickle...never.

Well, whatever his reasoning, he assumed the man had to have his reason.

"Do not fail me." The voiced intoned. "The task I have given you is of the utmost importance."

"I won't." He promised.

"Good." The comm went silent on the other end.

Luke put the comm away, his annoyance tapering off. He looked down at his padded jumpsuit. Well, it looked like he'd have to change his outfit; if he was going to go to that sweltering moon.
    He looked himself over in the mirror. He had thought of entirely going informal but such a change would only undermine him in front of the men. He chose charcoal colored one, it was two shades away from black and would be appropriate for the mission.​

After he had changed to climate appropriate attire, he started for the assigned hanger. Remarkably this was one of the many things that had been left unchanged. He approached it and noted the two guards on the outside.

"Sir." They saluted.

"At ease." He murmured and climbed the ramp into the shuttle.

He carried only weapons on himself and around his waist he wore a utility belt; his other gear had been stowed aboard the shuttle ahead of time. He entered the shuttle and was met by Commander Dante.

"Sir." He said formally. "Welcome aboard."

Luke inwardly rolled his eyes.Welcome aboard, as if you own this ship. What a laugh.

"Thank you, Commander. Is all ready?" He inquired.

"Yes, Sir." He gestured. "A crewman will show you to your cabin."

"No need, Commander, I can find my way myself."

"Yes, Sir, very good, Sir.."

Luke could tell the man wanted to speak further.

"Yes, Commander?"

The man hesitated. "You know, Sir, I'm not one to question...but I was of the understanding that our destination had been changed; there would be a different drop off point."

He became instantly irked.

"Your point, Commander."

The man seemed to shrink back at Luke's tone.

"Nothing, Sir, please relax."

“I tend to.”

Luke could feel the commander’s momentary frustration but quickly dismissed the feeling.

After all small fries like Commander Dante were of no importance to him. It didn’t matter what the man thought of him, much less what he thought period.

He was just another cog in the wheel.
    ~~~~~
    Well, that was fun...Luckily for you the my next part is already typed out. I'll probably be doing that in advance waiting for Jade_eyes to make her next most (hers will most likely be the next one).

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggles, that was all kinds of cool Emerald. =D= =D= Luke's demeanor - superbly commanding and businesslike. :)

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Hmmm...interesting...and I am still confused. I need longer chapters. You are teasing me.

16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    It's meant to be like that.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I guess I can wait until it is completed and read it all at once. o_O

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    If you're sure. More will be unravled in Jade_eyes part. Luke's part...eh that will remain a mystery for the time being.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This is one intriguing Luke. [face_raised brow]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.*rubs hands together* I'm having way too much fun I think..but that's good thing, makes me writer better.

Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  21. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Holy arrogant Luke, Emerald. From my understanding, a Commander is pretty high in rank (equivalent to a LtCol, I think), so obviously Luke is someone of importance. Not as high as...whomever it was ordered him to 'that sweltering moon'. I've got friends who fly out of Andrews AFB, and they tell me about how arrogant some of the Congressional members can be. ***cough, McConnell, cough***

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Here's the post bringing us back to Mara and Obi-Wan's part of the tale.

:)

_________

Note: Thanks to EmeraldJediFire -- such an invaluable source of practical tips and suggestions. @};- (Need a chocolate smiley)

~~~~~

Obi-Wan had had a strange couple of nights, experiencing prescient dreams/visions of the future. They involved a blue-eyed stranger who would cross he and Mara's path and change their lives. In the dream, the gentleman was commanding and fierce the one moment and locked in a fierce battle of weapons and wills the next. Who the opponent was was hidden and unknown.

When the knock came on the door of his dwelling early one morning, Kenobi felt a strange shiver through the Force. Could this be the pivotal encounter he'd been dreaming about?

It wasn't a literal stranger who was on the other side of the door, but someone they had seen upon occasion, passingly in town.

Loran Lars was the young man who greeted Kenobi and Mara, and he was looking perplexed and rather rushed.

Loran gawked at Mara, who gave him an inscrutable, measuring glance from her green eyes. Who was he, and why did he have these droids with him?

Loran said: "This droid claims to belong to you, sir. It had a very intriguing message too from a diplomatic envoy, it looks like. The message cut off in the middle." Loran frowned. "No matter what I did, I couldn't get the whole transmission. The sender was a woman. She mentioned Bail Organa, of Alderaan, and said you would know him."

Kenobi frowned in turn.

"I never purchased these droids nor had them previously on loan. Let me see what I can uncover. Thank you very much. I do indeed know Bail Organa."

Kenobi paused, and finally he recalled where he'd seen this youth before. "I believe I've seen your family around town... Can I invite you in for a drink of something cool?"

Loran smiled. "No, thank you. I've been gone too long already. These pesky droids ... my Dad won't be happy that we apparently will have to purchase replacements."

With one last fascinated look at Mara, he departed.

Kenobi finally got the message to play.

It was from Senator Leia Organa of Alderaan, asking for assistance, immediately.

Kenobi told Mara that he and Bail were friends from long ago, and that he felt obligated to help based on that long acquaintance and Organa's famed integrity.

"Leia is a Senator in her own right, the youngest ever elected." Kenobi mused.

"I wonder why she was the one to send the message." Mara pondered. "Could something have happened to her father, or was there a special need to be ... secretive?"

Kenobi smiled at Mara's intuitive grasp of matters and her agile curiosity. These were traits he was quite accustomed to in his young pupil.

"That is something we shall have to find out." He sighed. "We will have to go to Mos Eisley and try to book passage to Alderaan as soon as ossible."

Mara grinned and packed her light travel case. She felt deep in her bones a great adventure was about to start.

Behind the seemingly tranquil scene of recent events on world, a space battle raged on in the skies above Tatooine. The droids had previously made their daring escape from one of those ships, the very diplomatic cruiser from which the message had originated. The stormtroopers, tracking the last detected signal from the wayward droids, wound up at the Lars place. The Lars did not have to pretend ignorance: they had no idea what was going on, nor the import of the message or anything else the droids might contain as to information. The troopers, callous and sadistic, didn't take their word for them, and didn't care to leave witnesses to sow dissension.

+++++

Jedi_Lover

Any one else need/want a tag? :D [face_batting]

_________

lys_chan_83 and SHADOW_MASTER_W like this.
  23. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Hmmm yessssss I LIKE! =D=

TAG ME! [face_praying]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I see Mara can't wait to start the adventure. I wonder if she's dreaming about a blue-eyed stranger too. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Okay, another entry folks! This one on Luke's side. Jade_eyes next part should be Tuesday;​

Tags: Jedi_Lover, SHADOW_MASTER_W

=====​

“Sir?”

Luke picked his head up, putting down his datapad and hit the comm button.

“Yes, Commander?”

“We’re approaching drop off point.”

“Very good.” He clicked off and started to gather his gear.
    Five minutes later, Luke was walking down the ramp of the shuttle, flipping a shanty salute to the commander. “Commander.” He said flippantly as he headed for his starfighter.

Commander Dante stood mouth agape. He couldn’t quite fathom how such a cheeky youth had garnered such attention and position; it was quite baffling.

Luke frowned inwardly. That is why you’ll only remain a Commander. He thought smartly.
    .​
    He touched down on the planet and quickly made work of running through the post-flight check. He really hated leaving his fighter here, but a youth having his own fighter would be unheard of to such a military operation. He made his way to the appointed rendezvous point where his contact was expected to show. He retrieved his portfolio and looked it over once more.

With any luck, he would be able to get into the pilot’s position. He snorted. Of course, he would; with his scores there could be no doubt.

He entered the designated place; an old junk shop and headed toward the back without stopping to acknowledge the clerk. A tall man was hunched over a datapad, obviously waiting for his recruit to arrive. He was dressed in standard coveralls. You wouldn’t know he was a member of the Rebel Alliance.

He cleared his throat.

“Recruit Skywalker reporting.”

The man brought his head up and stood at attention, bringing his feet together.

“Identification, Recruit.”

Luke stuck his hand in his pocket and retrieved his portfolio. Once he had found it he offered it to the man. “Identification, Sir.”

The man took the offered identification, looked it over and then passed it back to him.

“Very good, Recruit. I’m Lt. Daeson.”

Luke offered a sloppy salute. “It’s a pleasure, Sir.” He then lowered his hand as if uncertain..

“Pleasures all mine, Recruit. Don’t worry we’ll make a military man out of you yet.”

Luke straightened up, projecting confidence.

“That’s what I hope for, Sir.”

Phase One complete.