main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends * Crossing Paths * OT AU * L/M, Vader, Palpatine, H/L, etc * COMPLETE on 22/Jan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow! Go Luke!!! [face_love]

3. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    And out of the left field we get someone who does the flashy "hey, I'm force sensitive" in an obvious way and saves the world! Star Wars needs more of that. Everything's all sword fighting. Other than Vader crushing people's throats.

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Is he dead? Is he dead?

It would be moan worthy and exciting if he wasn't!

5. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    that was the most unique way of addressing the suncrusher I have ever seen!

What a fun look, but is he really dead?

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I hope he's really gone this time!!! I love how Luke handled that--very much the Jedi. [face_love]

7. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    But Luke had risen above his sorrow and had rescued his father from certain death, aided by Mara herself, by their Jedi Master and by - surprise, surprise - the one person in the galaxy with even more reason than Luke to be bitter about her parentage - his sister Leia.
    Yeah, and that -and to get Mara into it too - really is him in essence:)

Yoda had pulled rank on everyone and was flying aboard the Millennium Falcon with Han and Chewie.
    [face_laugh]

It had always been the densest sense of loyalty that moved Jeng Droga. He would do anything for his master. Anything! And right now, that was literally giving him his body.

It was the ultimate honor to have his master inhabit his body in this dire moment of need. To feel the raw power coursing through his body's veins and to hear his master's thoughts as if they were his own.

It was sublime to be this to his master.

That was why Droga smothered that tiny part of him that was crying out in agonizing pain and revulsion at being abused in such a way
    Nice snippet of characterization here![face_peace]

It was then that Luke saw, through his mind's eye, the torpedo shooting out of the projector at the base of the cone at nearly the speed of light. He didn't have much time to think it through or warn the others. He had to act immediately.

Stretching out through the Force, Luke reached for the projectile and, in one swift mental command, stopped its course and inverted it before releasing it so that it went back up into the projector. Then he poured all his energy into the shield and waited for the explosion.

It only took a couple of seconds before the strength of the subsequent blast tested the Force-shield's strength. It wavered but held, and the Jedi made it hold until they sensed the dark essence that was Darth Sidious be utterly consumed and vanish into chaos.

When the blast finally dissipated, all that remained of the Sith's plot was a burned-up shell of the superweapon

Yesss! Go Luke!!! [face_dancing]

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Palpy AND the Sun Crusher at once?!? Love it!!! (Yay for Luke not stopping to think about it!!!!) And if Palpy isn't gone for good... I'm not going to think about that what if. No way.

Good chapter. :)

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I can't wait to read Anakin's trial.

And I am sure Mara won't give up until she places flowers on her parents' graves, and Luke will be at her side when she does.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Strangely enough, I never think of yours or Nanci's stuff as AUs. [face_thinking] @};-

=D= on the Leia/Anakin talk. Excellent emotion there. And I enjoyed the revelations about Mara too, and that Luke was there for her :*

That just feels so right and good. :D :D

No hesitations or maybes about being together or not [face_dancing]

;)

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Everything's on the table it seems and YES! Sidious is dead! [face_dancing]

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Anakin's trial will definitely be very interesting, and I'm glad he's been taking responsiblity for his actions and wanting to help the Rebellion.

Nice revelation about Mara's parents, and it's realistic that they were killed. I'm glad she found some closure.

14. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Out of curiosity, what would you all say if Palps was NOT gone?
    Heh heh - depends on how it was delivered. It could be either pretty meeh or really cool.;)

Without the mask and with the portable respirator, Anakin's voice had changed from that deep tone that still plagued Leia's nightmares to a ragged sound that was more akin to that of an old man.
    Strange thought. Vader was always mask and voice first, but after hearing him speak, his voice became even more vital.

"I'm not asking for pardon, Leia. I know I have to pay for what I've done. I am asking that you don't execute me or just lock me away and throw away the key. That will serve no one. Use me! Use my knowledge of the galaxy, if not of the Force. I can help your government set strong roots."
    I really like how mature Anakin is here. Basically all perspectives in his 'return' are highly problematic but you handle it really well!

it is my intention to plead guilty to all charges."

"Aren't you afraid we'll sentence you to death?"

Anakin chuckled softly. "No, that is not the way of the Alliance or the way of the Jedi
    ."
    Heh heh - good point...

Without anything else to say, Leia excused herself and made to leave. She didn't care to admit it, but she was touched by Anakin's words.
    I'm delighted to hear that.

Your father was a high ranking officer of the Senate Guard. He was a very honorable man, but he was also one of the fools who were tricked by Palpatine."

Shame and anger crept up Mara's Force-sense but she released them into the Force. If just hurt that her father had been fooled, just like she was.

"Your mother was a classical dancer. I don't know much else about her except that Palpatine was an admirer of her skill. I believe his interest in them was heightened further after they had a Force-sensitive baby - you
    ."
    I like this background. Often Mara's made the daughter of this or that Jedi - but this 'feels' really right!

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oooh, nice update! I like that Anakin has done something for Mara in telling her about her parents. And how nice to at least have a starting point to find out more about them. I love Luke being there with her for that revelation. [face_love]

And Leia and Anakin's coversation was intense!!

16. CurtisZidaneZiraa

Nov 18, 2010
    It could be technically considered that because the Emperor's word is law and he had a specific way of controlling Vader's actions that he is not guilty of a lot of crap because it wasn't illegal under Imperial law.

17. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Fantastic fic. It's now 2:35am here, and it had me transfixed.

Would love a PM when you update.

Thanks

EG :)

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great resolution to the trial =D= Very fair [face_thinking] Cool about Thrawn and the aftermath with the Imperials

Chapter 30 - gets one big squee!

Weddings are the best way to close out a fic, and/or the honeymoon LOL

Thanks a bunch for sharing with us.

Your stuff's always a humongus treat.

@};-

21. CurtisZidaneZiraa

Nov 18, 2010
    Woohoo! Weddings are the best way to end a happy ending. The other one is babies. :D

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Congratulations on finishing this fic! It's been a very interesting ride. And hooray for Luke and Mara! :)

23. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    :D Great story, thanks for all the PMs

24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Awww! [face_love]

I love weddings!

So Thrawn is with them. He'll come in handy against the Vong.

Is there going to be a sequel?

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    *Dashes in*

Awwww! Wonderful ending, and I LOVE the fact that all your long fics end with weddings. Huraaah for Luke and Mara!

*continues to run for life*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.