main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Crossover Index and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diamond_Revelation, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    This is an index for stories that crossover into another universe!

Please feel free to PM me with any crossover stories you have written/are writing. Also PM me if you see anything in the index that needs updating or changing!

If you could put it in the following format you would save me a job ;)

Title:
    Link:
    Co Authors: If relevant
    Crossover with: eg Star Trek
    Time in Star Wars universe: ie Empire Strikes Back, Post NJO etc
    Time in crossover universe: if relevant
    Summary: A short summary of what the story is about
    Notes: eg story completed

(No mark up codes please :D )

If the story is entered as incomplete that indicates that the topic is locked and it is very unlikely that the story will be finished! But they can be fun to read anyway so I kept them in the index.

[u][b]A-L[/b][/u]

[b] [color=crimson]A[/color] [/b]

[b] Aeron_Azzameen1839 [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/16098880/]Dominant Species[/link]
    Crossover with: X-Men
    Time in Star Wars universe: Post NJO
    Notes: WIP

[b]Alhon [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/19145506/]Vong Trek: The 2nd Generation[/link]
    Crossover with: Star Trek
    Time in Star Wars universe: NJO
    Notes: WIP

[b]Ambassador Cara Jade[/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/4512670/]The Face in the Mirror[/link]
    Crossover with: Broadway Musical Jekyll and Hyde
    Time in Star Wars universe: Post ROTJ
    Notes: Incomplete

[b] Amilianna [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/3092005/]My Courtesan[/link]
    Crossover with: Moulin Rouge

[b] Angel_Jedi_Master [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/8411282/]Mad Mad Mad Mad Galaxy[/link]
    Crossover with: Sienfeld/Married with Children

[b] anidanami124 [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/9078753/]Destiny of a Skywalker[/link]
    Crossover with: DBZ/Smallville
    Summary: Luke and Leia were born with Force powers. But there young brother was not. But what he does become will change the galaxy forever.

[b] ardavenport [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22769536&brd=10476&start=22957403] So, What the Heck is a Nest of Gundarks Anyway? [/link]
    Crossover with: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Time in Star Wars Universe: Somewhere before ROTS when Obi-Wan and Anakin were knights together
    Time in Monty Python and the Holy Grain: a twist on the Castle Anthrax skit
    Summary: Obi-Wan finds himself at the Castle Gundark.
    Notes: [color=darkblue] Story is a complete one-shot [/color]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/t/b1/25207766] The Black Sith [/link]
    Crossover with:Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    Time in Star Wars universe:ROTS
    Time in crossover universe:The Black Knight scene
    Summary:A completely different view of the climactic battle between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader on Mustafar.

[b] Azeria_Jade [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/8042903/]Star Wars: The Princess Bride[/link]
    Crossover with: The Princess Bride

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/9374679/]Not your usual SW fanfiction[/link]
    Crossover with: OEAI

[hr]

[color=crimson][b]B[/b][/color]

[b] Boba_Fett_123 [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/15711473/]War of the Phoenix[/link]
    Time in Star Wars universe: During the Battle of Endor
    Time in crossover universe: Uncanny #134-135
    Notes: No update since 2004

[b] bobilll [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Stories--Classic_JC_Board_(Reply-Only)/b10016/8886920/p1]Much Ado About Whip Cream[/link]
    Crossover with: Star Wars/ Earth crossover
    Notes: [color=darkblue]Completed[/color]

[b] BrentusofGath [/b]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22257502/p1/?0] My Friend Tarkin [/link]
    Crossover with: Hogan's Heroes
    Time in Star Wars universe: During Anh
    Summary: The Heroes engage in their most dang

2. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    M-Z

M

Madame Mara

Title: Aladin Star Wars crossover
    Co Authors: maramijade, empress of justice
    Crossover with: Aladdin
    Notes: Completed

Maelisaandii

Title: Caterpillars
    Crossover with: Farscape

Mar17swgirl

Title: Foreign Relations
    Crossover with: Discworld
    Time in Star Wars universe: Shortly before the beginning of AOTC
    Time in crossover universe: Between The Truth and Thief of Time
    Summary: A magical thunderstorm over the Unseen University in Ankh-Morpork creates a distortion in timespace, which mysteriously sends Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padmé to Discworld. While they try to find a way back, someone is plotting to overthrow the Patrician, Lord Vetinari. And Death finds himself a new friend.
    Notes: Story in progress

mara03

Title: Turn
    Crossover with: Star Trek - Voyager

Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Title: Return of the Matrix/SW crossover fanfic
    Crossover with: Matrix

Mara_Jade_FSS

Title: Pure of Heart
    Crossover with: Spy Kids

MaryJade*Invidious*

Title: Dangerous Vistior
    Time in Star Wars universe: Post ROTJ

Master_Chrono

Title: Dead Balance
    Crossover with: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Time in crossover universe: between the Season 2 episode's Inca Mummy Girl and Reptile Boy

Merry_Mynok

Title: Yojimbo-Jedi
    Crossover with: Yojimbo

Miana Kenobi

Title: Brotherhood of Two Forces

Title: Into the Black
    Crossover with: Firefly
    Time in Star Wars universe: ANH
    Time in crossover universe: Halfway through Serenity (movie)
    Summary: The crew of the Firefly transport Serenity makes their way to the mysterious planet of Miranda. Yet when they discover that the Alliance has been hiding the rest of the galaxy from their small quadrant of space, they try their hand at helping a different sort of Alliance led by Rebels.
    Notes: I'm insane?

mikeyfreedom

Title: A Dark Enemy
    Crossover with: Star Trek - TNG

Mira_Jade

Title: Chosen and cursed
    Crossover with: Inu Yasha
    Time in Star Wars universe: mid clone warsTime in
    Summary: The chosen one Anakin Skywalker vs. the cursed hanyou Inuyasha.
    Notes:Umm, a really insane piece that I couldn't resist posting. It's my anime rabidness coming out. It starts semi-serious, but gets funny after a misplaced mama joke

Moff_Yittreas

Title: Beyond the Final Frontier
    Crossover with: Star Trek
    Time in Star Wars universe: A point in time after RotJ when the Empire has regained supremacy of the galaxy
    Summary: A Star Destroyer is thrown into the Milky Way. Things seem to be going well at first, but the Federation discovers the Empire's dark past.

Morgoth_The_Enemy

Title: Hunting Season
    Crossover with: Aliens vs Predator
    Time in Star Wars universe: Post NJO
    Notes:

3. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    Updated to M

4. Jei-El

Jei-El Jedi Master star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Thanks Diamond I love crossovers.

Up so more can find this.

5. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    Thanks Jai-El

OK Updated to N

6. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    :D Up for such a good index!

7. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    This is just a idea. How bout making this a index and discussion for crossovers, like time travel one is. Cause I have like questions sorta that could be discussed ish thing.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I second the idea. :)

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Would it be all right if I put up a thread discussing croaaovers? I've always wanted to, but I dont't wanna step on D_R's toes.

10. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I think this should be a discussion thread and an index, also. It's a great idea!

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    This is a great idea! I wouldn't mind discussing crossovers too!

Okay, are we limited to crossover stories on tf.n, or can we advise you of stories even if they exist offline, or elsewhere on the internet?

I'm new, have little time for writing ficion these days, and my only work on your site are the 10-minute challenges.

12. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    SI5, I'm not sure how you would "advise [us] of" stories on other sites without it being considered promoting them, so that wouldn't work. Even promoting stories on these boards is against the rules, and it'd be up to the thread maintainer to decide if we can even use specific fics (our own or someone else's) to illustrate points.

Anyway, discussion wouldn't be of specific stories but of topics related to crossovers in general: "How do you reconcile incompatibilities, or do you even try?" rather than "This week, let's discuss Darth_Chip's new Star Wars/Empty Nest crossover."

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So, apart from standing here and playing handball with myself...what do I do?

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, frag it.

When I learned that Anakin Organa-Solo leaving Chewie to die on Sern...well that planet that was about to get fragged by it's own moon, I was upset.

One way to cope, was a crossover fic from the Angel series, where the vampire with a soul got presented with a one-chance-only dimensional portal for his birthday.

Taking along sunglasses, an axe, some rope, and a time-freeze spell, I sent him through to rescue Chewie, and give the jedi a good kicking.

So, you gonna ban me now, or what?

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    You should repost it on the boards.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Look, I'm interested in fan fiction, and crossovers, but there is a caveat; I'm relatively new, so your normal JCC shorthand jargon means nothing to me.

This is a board. The message above is a post. So what are you talking about?

17. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Sith-I-5, what Juliet316 meant is that you should take the story you mentioned and post in the appropriate fanfic forum (i.e., Beyond the Saga). We still wouldn't be able to specifically discuss your fic in this thread, but it would be included in the crossover index.

*looks at Sith-I-5's previous posts in this thread*

Hmm. Interesting that you used a non-SW character to save Chewie. Did you write other stories to deal with the loss, or just this crossover?

I'm going to try and broaden the topic by asking, What motivates you to write crossovers?

For the one I'm writing right now, it was simply reading someone else's crossover and thinking, "Hey, I want to do that!" . . . because I am very easily influenced. :D

- lazy

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    lazykbys_left, thank you very much for your help.

I may have to re-type the Chewie-saving story in order to repost it, as I believe I had it printed in the British SW Delta Source magazine.

Did you write other stories to deal with the loss, or just this crossover?

I did a vitriolic article on how ungrateful the little ******* was for leaving Chewie behind, since he had been protecting the boy's family for ages, and included suggestions for getting the Wookiee onto the 'Falcon if you cannot land: "..use the freight-loading tractor beams; IT'S A FREIGHTER FOR FRAG'S SAKE!".

I also did at least two stories attacking Anakin himself. In my favourite, a crack commando unit of that little bat-faced creature from the Mos Eisley cantina kidnapped the Wookiee-slayer, and he awoke staked face-down on the ground on Coruscant's Botanical Skygarden skyhook at nighttime, numb beneath the waist, trousers around his knees, the hilt of an humming blue-bladed lightsabre pushed into his butt - I was upset, you understand? - and a paper message was under his face saying "Chewie sends his best."

Edited for profanity.

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I think discussion of Crossovers would be fine here as well. Perhaps Diamond Revelation can edit the title bar to reflect that discussion is welcome.

I would hasten to remind all users to remember that being polite is not just courtesy, it is an expectation of the boards.

Sith-I-5,, while discussion and inclusion of a non TF.N fic to the Index would not be allowed, I would highly recommend that you post your crossover to the Beyond The Saga (provided it does adhere to the Fan Fiction FAQ'S .

It does sound fascinating.

20. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    What motivates you to write crossovers?

Mostly, it comes down to getting an idea. Particularly with drabbles, I get an idea, think it'd be fun, and (if I can find the time) I type it out.

If you're looking for practical advice for coming up with crossover ideas, I guess I can say to be willing to think laterally and to immerse yourself in a lot of different media properties (movies, TV shows, books, and more).

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Oh sure, you make it sound easy. But then you have a power I don't understand, and could never have. :D :D

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Just have two properties, eg. Angel, SW, that you know a lot about, and can be neutral with (in my opinion), then throw them together.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This is why I write crossovers: For the challenge.

Seriously, no other genre of fanfic has such extremes in how good they are. Crossovers are either really, really good or they stink. Almost no middle ground.

So, it's a challenge to write them. Plus, it's kinda neat throwing the GFFA folk into unfamiliar situations and having them interact with other people.

24. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm too easily influenced with crossovers. I see something that reflects the trials and tribulations of Star Wars and I have to write it. Or if it's something that is completely opposite, I go with what would confuse people the most. :p

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Off the top of my head, I would say there are at least two distinct types of crossovers for Star Wars. There may be more, but I have only encountered two.

Oh yes, I'm a particular fan of anything Star Wars versus Star Trek, which in its simplest form is like rivalry between soccer club supporters.

Crossover Style One - full scale environment versus environment.
    Everything including the kitchen sink from SW interacting against the world and his wife from Star Trek. Star Destroyer versus the Enterprise.

Crossover Style One - individual.
    One character that you know and love from one genre, plucked and placed into new genre. If you know about how they react to situations, these can be easy to write, and less likely to alienate readers.

And, can I just say :oops:, didn't occur to me that the story list above were links to crossover stories. Definitely checking some of them out!

Okay, finished re-typing my Angel/SW crossover. We Help The Hopeless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.