main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crossover index! - Testing the waters!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diamond_Revelation, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Ok I know many people (me included ;) ) don?t like to admit that they like crossovers but I am sure that I can?t be the only one who likes them.

I was looking around and couldn?t find a crossover index anywhere and so I thought I might try and start one!

So in an attempt to find crossover stories I am asking if any authors have crossovers that they have written, or if any of you have come across good crossovers, could they post a link in this thread.

If there is enough of a response I will list each story properly in an index.

Thanks guys :D

Diamond

2. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    So much of what I've written qualifies.

"The SITH Shall Rise Again" (with Get Smart)

"Dark Shadows: Fall of the Order" (with Dark Shadows) -- On Hiatus :(

"Obi-Wan and the Night Visitors" (with Quantum Leap, Star Trek, and others) -- one of my responses to the Writers' Race

"A Boo Hope" (with Animaniacs)

And, of course, many of my drabbles are crossovers. As of right now, I have ones with -- in the order they appear in the thread -- The Powerpuff Girls, Just a Minute, Doctor Who, McDonald's ads, Batman: The Animated Series, Firefly, Blackadder, Automan, Doctor Who again, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, Chip 'n' Dale, Columbo, Pinky and the Brain, SCTV, and Looney Tunes.

And in the Saga response thread for my challenge, Healer_Leona wrote a crossover with Tru Calling and VaderLVR did one with Medium.

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Good idea for the crossover index! :) There are so many good stories out there that deserve to be acknowledged.

Elementary, my dear Obi-Wan - a SW/Sherlock Holmes crossover by Frostfyre. Best crossover I've ever read. She writes it from Watson's POV (just like the original Holmes stories are) and her style is almost the same as Conan Doyle's. Very good quality stuff. ;)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I think this a wonderful idea. I love crossovers!!

Thanks for the mention and link Drabbo. [face_blush]

5. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Hai-Gan's Through a Glass, Darkly is an excellent cross-over with Buffy the Vampire Slayer but sadly it languishes unfinished at the moment. Perhaps the index will inspire her to finish?

And then there was a cross-over challenge thread with many fun ones.

And RK_Striker_JK_5's Where No Jedi Has Gone Before is a Star Trek crossover, and he also has a Sailor Moon crossover Three New Sailor Senshi

GreatOne's A Tale Of A Fateful Trip isn't a true crossover, since it is really a retelling of Gilligan's Island set in the GFFA and using characters from the GFFA but it is still a lot of fun.

I'm probably forgetting some but there's a few anyway.

KD

6. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I have a few short crossovers in the Crossover challenge thread Knight_Dilettante mentioned and I also a couple of longer ones. One of them I posted a small chunk in the Crossover Challenge thread and finished a few months later, the other I decided to post in that thread in full and as it?s own thread.

Fallen Gunstar is a The Last Starfighter / Star Wars crossover, which was fun.

Roundshot and Blaster Bolts is a Horatio Hornblower / Star Wars crossover, which was a pain as trying to match C.S. Forester?s style well enough for it not to be ridiculous and without copying phrases directly was rather difficult.

I think the stories are distinct enough from each other, though it was only when I was partway through expanding Fallen Gunstar to the full version that I realised I?d used the same ending. ;)

7. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    *does a quick search for FanFic threads with "crossover" in the title*

Some of these have already been mentioned and others (especially those in Classic) may not be actual crossover fics. But I'm too lazy to weed those out, so happy hunting. :)

- lazy

Before the Saga

by CalaisKenobi
    Across the Tide of Time: a St:V x-over | POST 8-6-04|

by ChibiJedi
    Paying Rent (A JA Seinfeld crossover! Humor with an OC ) Please READ!!!

by Drabbo_Fett
    The SITH Shall Rise Again (AU crossover (Qui-Gon)) -- Completed 31 January! --

by ForceAchtungBaby
    Rage Against the Dying of the Light - Qui/Obi Salem Crossover Fic - New Add Finally 6.14.03

by GenOochy
    Narnia Wars I: A Narnia/SW crossover *Gasp* Updated! LAST CHAPTER!

by JediRangerSaria
    White Ranger AU/Crossover

by Lady-Kenobi
    So It Begins-AU Crossover-Obi-Wan/Aragorn

by Neon Star
    The Harem Stories (LOTR/SW/KH crossover, updated 12\31! The Harem is back, fractured but unbroken!

Saga

by darksideyesplease
    Star Wars meets Seinfeld (crossover) (Humor) DV,Padme,Kenobi,Palp
    The Lord of the Light Sabers (AU, Crossover) Prologue

by DelilahDraken
    A Demon's Eyes - PotO Crossover [Updated June 29, 2004]

by djcati
    What Planet Are We On Again? (HP/ESB crossover) -- June 18th (BST) -- NEW POST!

by Drabbo_Fett
    Dark Shadows: The Fall of the Order (crossover (PT AU)) - Episode 2 added June 26

by Drac39
    Rebel From Houseware Evil Dead X-Over/AU

by Eon-Wan-Mome_NT
    Simpson's Star Wars, Episode I: The Fatman Menace (crossover, humor) Updated June 19

by EvilAuthor
    First Lesson (Vader fic, ROTS Spoilers, minor XOver... if you can see it)

by Exxaciel
    Consider the Possibilities (aka Attack of the Crossover-Bunny)
    Unexpected Guests SW/Stargate Crossover

by FelsGoddess
    Broadway Lights- A series of Saga songfics/crossovers - 6/14 Anakin

by GEN_MASSIMO
    SAD WARRIORS (SW/GLADIATOR crossover; an Obi-Wan story) COMPLETE!

by gurdzilla
    Are crossovers alowed?

by JainaDurron
    A Whole Other Place: A Star Wars/Where the Heart Is crossover- O/N- Updated: October 11, 2003

by Jedi_Jessie_Anne
    A Light From the Shadows--SW/LotR crossover--6/22: Chapter VI: "Over the Mountain"--PLEASE R&R!!

by _JM_
    Roundshot and Blaster Bolts. Horatio Hornblower / SW crossover. One post.
    Fallen Gunstar. The Last Starfighter / Star Wars crossover. One Shot.

by Keeper_of_Swords
    Troy Crossover

by Lady-Kenobi
    [lin

8. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Now that is a long list (and the fact it has the stories listed that might have been mentioned makes it better for reposting as an index, since the list is already assembled rather than needing to be). Some very interesting ideas, and I?d thought crossing in Hornblower was a little off the wall. :)

9. Riin

Riin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2000
    If prequel/NJO time-travelling counts as crossovers (and there are a few in the list above which sounds as such), then Sanctuary of Time by AngelOfDarkness qualifies.

Also, isn't there a thread *somewhere* specially for crossover viggies? I read it some time ago, and there where a lot of great fics.

10. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    You might be thinking of the Crossover Challenge thread which was linked to in Knight_Dilettante's post. That had a lot of good crossover vignettes in it.

11. Riin

Riin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2000
    Yes, that was it. I missed that link among all the others :).

12. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    :eek: Whoa. :eek: *jaw drops*

That's some list, lazykbys_left! Great job putting it together! :)

13. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
  14. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Wow what an amazing response! I guess I am making a proper index page then! ;)

Thanks for the great response!

Keep the stories coming

I will start putting all the stories in a proper index page but it might take me a while.

=D= lazykbys_left =D= that is one extensive list there. Thanks so much for that it will be a major start to the index!

EDIT: If anyone fancies giving me a hand with this, there appear to be quite a lot more crossover stories here than I was expecting

EDIT2: I am going to put the actual index in another thread as this is going to confuse me other wise. Keep the stories coming here though.

EDIT3: Here is a link the actual index http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20456978&replies=0
    I managed to get the A's done so far!!!

15. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Hey, cool beans, you got this off the ground! =D=

Good luck! :)

P.S. Wow, lazykbys I'm so impressed by the fics you listed [face_hypnotized]

16. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    DANG IT! I finally find a Pern crossover, so I check it out, and it got locked because McCaffrey doesn't alllow fanfic. Shoot!

These are really good; at least the ones I've read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.