main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Crossovers with the same actors

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    What if Indiana Jones met Han Solo? Count Dooku met Saruman? Jack Sparrow met Sweeny Todd?

How would you guys write characters that are played by the same actors meeting? Or would you avoid writing a crossover like that?

2. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I've done it a few times, with varying reactions. It depends on the characters involved and what I'm going for (usually a quick joke).

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    My major actor crush is Michael Biehn and that lends itself wonderfully for cross-overs between various roles of him :D

I just never finish anything :_|

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I once read a couple of Indy/Han crossover fanfics. I liked them, once I got over the disbelief - it was really weird to picture Indy in the GFFA. After that, I thought it was a great idea. After all, who better to go after the bazillions of weird trinkets in the galaxy?

As for the look-alike problem, well...chalk it up to the will of the Force. :p

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Once upon a time... way back in 2005... I wrote a Star Wars crossover with just about everything. So much so that sometimes I had a hard time remembering to make sure that there was enough SW in it to deserve a place on the Saga boards. (See what we had to do before we had the NSWFF forum? :p ).

Anyways, I had a moment where Will Turner and Legolas ran into each other.

Later on, Anakin was wondering why Elizabeth resembled Padme, and then realized that she was pretty much Sabe's double. :p

Crossovers with the same actors are a lot of fun when it's in a silly fic, but I've always wanted to do one that was serious and see how it would work. :p

6. alexissteele

alexissteele Jedi Master

Nov 15, 2004
    I have an 'Animorphs'/'In a Heartbeat' x-over planned. Two of the actors (Shawn Ashmore and Christopher Ralph) were in both series. I'm planning on having the x-over occur after the final book in the Animorphs series and after the series finale for 'In a Heartbeat'. I was going to try and have the story fit during the only season for 'In a Heartbeat' but then realized that the friendship/comaraderie between Jamie and Tyler (Chris and Shawn, respectively) needed to be established, so Jamie and Tyler's friends realize there's something very wrong when Jake and Tobias (Shawn and Chris, respectively) are fighting/not-speaking to each other.

7. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I am in the plotting stages of a SW/Indiana Jones crossover, and well... the look-a-like thing will probably just be used as a source of amusement and from coincidence. It will be interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.