main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Crouching Tigers and Phantom Menaces

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Subject Zero, Mar 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Just read an article that was linked up on the TF.N main page about the similarities between Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

Good read!

here's the link

http://www.themestream.com/gspd_browse/browse/view_article.gsp?c_id=374040

SZ

2. NovaDream

NovaDream Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2001
    hey...i didn't realise that at first..you're right! There are some strong similarities

:)

3. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Well, I didn't write it, so technically, I'm not right, they are. But I'll GLADLY take the credit for it!

>P

I love that movie, one of my favourite of all time (can't wait for the prequel!)

SZ

4. SithLord33

SithLord33 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2001
    Crouching Tiger is probably my second fave film of all time, behind The Matrix. I've seen it 4 times in the theatre, which makes it second only to Episode 1 which I saw 5 times.

Wow, I never even noticed all those similarities. Lo is my fave character in the movie, and he does resemble Han who's one of my Star Wars faves. Great article.

5. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Yeah...but Jen? I wanted to wring her bloody neck by the end of the movie...

Cris~

6. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    Funny hought everyones' favortie movie would be SW...perhaps I am wrong but is this not a place for SW fanatics to meet...I must say I did look forward to see Coruching tiger...but now that i realize it's similarities to SW...I can't wait!?!?!?!?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.