main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crowne Plaza - OFFICIAL Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Tobey-Wan, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Just wondering who else is staying at the Crowne Plaza. My buddies and I have a room there so we'll be on the lookout for other SWCII attendees wandering the halls!

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'll be there.

3. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Me also. Just confirmed today.

4. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Just confirmed....four others will be there. Four fans, all (I think) in costume. We're a committed bunch. And why not! Let's have fun!

5. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Well, I thought I'd be stayin there, but my BF and I are actually in the Hyatt. Sorry!

~Caleigh

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'll be there with my fiancee and one o my buds. Getting in on Wednesday

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Are any of you getting in on Wed or Thurs?

8. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Yeah, four of us getting in Thursday. Nice to meet up? Mail back.

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    My buddies and I will be getting in sometime Thursday, possibly as late as midnight.

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    TionneSharp,

Any idea what time you're in on Thursday? My group (ok, so there's 3 of us) are planning on the Children's Museum for the Art of the Starfighter and possibly the Zoo.
    We're getting in sometime Wed afternoon so maybe we'll hit the Zoo Wed (although it closes @ 4pm) and see if we can get a group for the Starfighter exhibit on Thurs.

AOL/Yahoo:Dex1138
    Dex1138@excite.com

Zoo: http://www.indyzoo.com/
    Museum: http://www.childrensmuseum.org/index2.htm

11. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Well, two of us are coming in from Knoxville. Probably won't be there until early aft. One's coming from Cincy. The other from Denver. How do you think we'll find each other at the Crowne? I mean when we're not in costume, that is.

12. Mara-Skywalker

Mara-Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    My sister and I are staying there. We'll be getting there really late on Thursday night... at 12:30 or something. X_x

:D

13. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I'll be coming in Thursday afternoon. Just gonna head straight for my room because I got a long flight, first from LA to Chicago, then connecting to Indy. But if anyone wants to say hi, let me know.

14. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey all,

Here's an idea: What if you print out an extra nametag template (found in this thread http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6304584&page=2) and paperclip/tape it to your room's Do Not Disturb sign. Hang it on the door as an open invite for fellow fans to drop in!
    It'd make finding other easier than navigating an asteroid field.

-Dex1138

15. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Cool idea. I like it Tobey-Wan. We'll try it. It should work, unless we're talking about multiple floors here.

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Despite multiple floors, it'll be the only real way we have of finding one another at the hotel short of physically running into each other. :)

-Dex1138

17. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I like the nametag idea Dex, I'll try to remember to print out an extra. I'll also probably be wearing my nametag around when I get there, so if you see don't hesitate to stop me and say 'Hi!'.

18. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    I read on another thread that someone from the Omni got bumped from their room to one at the Marriot Courtyard. Nothing like that could happen to us, right?

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    From what I understand, the Omni had a computer problem. About 200 reservations were lost, then after replacement reservations taken, found again. I guess it could happen to anybody. I've triple-checked mine online. If our worried about it go to their website, sorry I don't have the address in front of me right now, and check.

EDIT: the website is here. The reservations check is in customer service, all you need is your confirmation number.

Also, are you taking any possible time changes into your arrival times? As I write this it's about 2pm here in Cleveland, however it's 1pm in Indy.

20. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Oh, that pesky Indiana time warp thing again! I'll never understand it and I lived there for years. Thanks for the heads up!

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    If any of you Crowne folk want to try and meet up at some point Wed or Thur. Email me and I'll send you my cell phone #
    My group will be in early Wed afternoon 12-1pm Galactic Standard Time
    *Wed day: we may hit the Children's museum.(Art of the Starfighter)
    *Wed night: Definately hitting Indy Castleton Square Mall, from 6:30 - 8:00 P.M. to see Anthony Daniels
    *Thursday day: most likely the Zoo, weather permitting
    *Thur night...?? (making an attack plan for the weekend LOL)

22. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    It sounds like my group won't be leaving until late afternoon/early evening on Thursday. That means it will most likely be after 9:00 after we get in. Maybe we'll still be able to run into each other at that point.

23. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I didn't see we had an official thread. :)

Well, I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza too. :D

~*~Bria

24. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Wow, is Crowne Plaza EUDF headquarters?

25. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Hmmm... could be. :) The only other EUDFer I'm aware of that is going is JarJarJedi, but she's not staying at the Crowne. :(

I am meeting up with her though. :D

Just for the record... I usually either have on a Minnesota Force or Star Wars tshirt. :)Then in the costume contest I'll have on a costume. ;)

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.