main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crowne Plaza - OFFICIAL Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Tobey-Wan, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    For those of us coming in Thursday, would you guys like to try to meet up at the pool Thursday night? I see from the site that the pool doesn't close til 10, so perhaps we could plan to meet up there around 9:00 PM or so? Anyone interested?

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    While I don't plan on bringing a bathing suit or anything like that, meeting up would be cool. :D

I would think I should be there by 9pm and if I am, that sounds good to me. :)

~*~Bria

3. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Come on, the place has a whirlpool and an indoor swimming pool and you're not bringing a suit! :)

We SHOULD be in by 9:00 PM, but I'll plan on heading down to the pool if we get there after to see if anyone is around. Luckily we'll gain an hour on our way there.

4. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    There's 4 of us coming in on Thursday. At least three of us are going to St. Elmo's that night. We'll check in by the pool when we get in. But it'll be late!

5. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Call me crazy. :D I'm not much of a swimmer and all my suits are *old* and I can't really afford a new one at the moment as I'm out of a job...

Plus I figure I'll be so busy with activities I wouldn't even use a suit if I brought one. :p

~*~Bria

6. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    We won't mind if ya skinny dip, Bria! :)

Hope to catch some of you at the pool Thursday night!

7. Bria

May 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] I do that and I'll probably be arrested! :eek: Not to mention I'd die from embarrassment! [face_blush]

With or without a suit (but definately wearing something ;)), I'll check it out. :) If I'm not there at 9, that probably means I haven't gotten in yet. We do have at least a 12 hour drive I believe. :p

~*~Bria

8. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    If I'm welcome, I wouldn't mind joining in. Although I'm sure I'll be bloody exhausted. Get up at 5:45 AM to drive out to the airport, five hour hop to Chicago from Orange Co., CA, have a two hour lay over at O'Hare, then fly in to Indy. Add time from baggage claim and getting the lift to Crowne Plaza and I probably will look like the Emperor without the make up!

Indy hotels better get the Fox network because I want to see Jedi that night!

Might also slip on my con badge while I'm in Chicago if anyone wants to say hi.

9. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm getting in really late on Thurs. so I'll probably be dead. Bwahahah! O_O

I'll just go into a Jedi healing trance. ^__^

10. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Like I said, if you get in and feel like meeting some of the others staying at the Crowne, stop on down. If you're exhausted and just wanna crash, we'll just talk about how stuck up you are. JK! I don't know if I'll even make it into town in time to meet up.

BTW, the Northwest Ohio Fan Force is having breakfast in the Pullman Restaurant in the Crowne Plaza at 8AM on Friday. If you want to stop by and eat with our group (all 4 of us), please do. This will also be our first Official meeting so you can laugh at our meager numbers if you want.

11. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yay! A fellow clubber (-Tenel-Ka-) made it in here! :)

Mesa on a budget, so I'm bringing my own breakfasts. Thanks for the kind offer though. ;) :)

One day, one day, one day! :D

~*~Bria

12. MattPeriolat

Aug 16, 2001
    I actually wouldn't worry too much about food. In my experience with cons (Been to the San Diego Comic Con three years running) you're lucky to get ONE meal a day, let alone three. It's very easy to get so caught up in the event, you forget to eat.

As for me, I'll be carrying a yogurt stick in my pocket if I do get hungry.

Oh and Bria? You can have Billy Dee as Lando. Us guys? We still love Brian Picalo!

And only about three people get that joke.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Matt's right about food. I've been to the Chicago Comicon about 8 times, you're going on adrenalin for three days. It's really quite fun. :) You don't feel hunger or pain, you are like the ninja, without the deadly assassin skills. [face_laugh]

14. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Actually, I do get that joke. :)

I am bring extra food though, as I have to eat regularly. It's not something I can forget. If I should, my head will let me know, big time. :p

~*~Bria

15. MattPeriolat

Aug 16, 2001
    Fair enough. Lord knows we ALL will get hungry within three days and yes, our bodies have ways of letting us know it's time to eat.

Now I'm getting anxious! I'm flying in just 24 hours and I cannot WAIT much longer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.