main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Crucible by Troy Denning

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Sep 4, 2012.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Wait you think Batman is darkside?

Why not read it and then make judgments? (not try to be an @$$, but I find it best to read stuff before arrguing about it. Except for Karen Travis's works)

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Batman placed in the SW world, with the abilities of a Jedi, would be unlikely to be able to operate in the way he does in the world of DC is all.

As to LOTF, as I say, I bailed on Betrayal and nothing I've read on this board, posted by many people, has convinced me to give it a second chance. I already have a to-read pile way into double digits, without counting re-reads. If I were 15 years younger I'd probably be more inclined to, but I'm not, I'm older.

Although, given your own account, doesn't sound like you were particularly impressed with it either!

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Definitely agreed on that count. I haven't seen the last few TCW episodes, but it did seem like they were dialing down her general awesomeness... I also absolutely agree that Obi-Wan and Anakin should have been secondary characters. After all, they're "the team", arguably the most effective Jedi duo in history, yet they're so rarely portrayed like that on TCW.

If Batman were in the SW world, he'd be a non-Force user that routinely beat up Jedi masters [face_batting]

4. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Jedi Ben:
    I read it, and you're right JB: It *was* "all-round bad construction". Luke did his best to protect the people though. Most of the ones who were killed or injured were killed or injured by Lumiya. Luke tried to avoid injuring anyone. Many of the people were shooting at him though, and some of the blasts that he deflected, he couldn't keep from hitting some of the shooters. And I agree with you: How could Luke trust Lumiya???? If he had "bowed" and given up his lightsaber, what was to stop her from killing the people anyway? She had already killed/injured people before Luke arrived.

5. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    The problem here is that the first book she appears in she's exactly what you've written. Every battle she fights in she loses demonstrating her incompetence, her arc in The Jedi Academy trilogy is ultimate pathetic, and she's written as Tarkin's mistress giving her the seduction angle. Once you've read her initial novels it's hard to picture her as any king of competent or genuine villain.

GrandMasterKatarn and Zeta1127 like this.
  6. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Would that be a Red Moons splinter group?

my kind of scum likes this.
  7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    No, it was the (part) name of a group established in the KOTOR comics. Their full (at time of founding is the "Rouge Moon Project". I just shortened it to "Rouge Moon" because it's shorter and sounds more like a ancient secret society.

8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Also,

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah so I've made a decision, I'm not reading this unless it gets rave reviews. Just have to wait until SOTJ!

10. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I am going to read it. I really wish Luke meets Asohka at some point. She's not that much older than him.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    She'll shake his hand and he'll go mad, bad, and die.

Zorrixor likes this.
  12. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Ok, good for you.

13. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
    Whose rave reviews though? Critics or fanboys?

14. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012

Oh come on! I did read a fan fiction *clears throat, tries to regain cool*. Rex and Asohka get together in it. it was pretty good. I can't think Rex would turn on her.

15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    does not bow and kills the people.
    not true. yeah he does not bow, but he does his best to avoid killing anyone. considering what a huge disadvantage he was under he did prettty well

16. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    you may never read it then. I say it will not be that great of a novel

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I guess both.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I will read this book but not that pumped for it

19. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    I wonder if they'll die.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    More likely become The One's.

21. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Oh sweet Waru no [face_praying] . If Mortis is ever mentioned again it will be too soon

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    With Denning anything is possible. Can't count anything out. I think the whole Mortis thing will be used since it was a key point at the end of FOTJ unless Denning goes 180 degrees on us again

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Episode 7, people...

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I can see it now...

They step out of the showerMortis and find themselves back where it started and that the last forty years were just a Mortisian induced dream.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    There's our way to retcon the EU and go to Episode 7