main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Crucible by Troy Denning

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So Christie Golden is writing a short story that will apparently bridge the gap between Apocalypse and Crucible. From SW books on facebook:
    "Second, we’ve got Christie Golden writing a short story for Star Wars Insider #142. It takes place between APOCALYPSE and CRUCIBLE and stars three of the galaxy’s most intrepid ladies. Details will be forthcoming."

I wonder if it'll also tie into her other story from Insider, Getaway.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm sure Getaway will be tying into something she's working on (there were way too many things that screamed "plot hook" in it) but I'm betting her Jaina trilogy instead.

3. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Dear DR,

I will gladly save 1000 cats from drowning (I have them currently suspended above water) if you keep Christie Golden as far away as possible from my Star Wars. Otherwise these cats lives and their howling noises due to their hatred of water, is on your heads.

JackG and FatSmel like this.
  4. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Thats mature.

Zorkel567 and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Star Wars needed saving?

6. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yes it does, Lucas screwed up the movies, plus they are over. Lucas was not going to make more movies EVER. The books are not that popular either. Disney taking over can finish killing Star Wras, or save it. The video games are tanking as well

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    TCW is still popular.

8. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    The Star Wars brand isn't nearly as hip as it could be. Not even close. It wasn't during the prequels.
    Do I think J.J. Abrams, Michael Arndt, and Lucas can turn out something sensational? I do.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
  10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i hope to God you are right baout that. at leats they have some charisma. They seem comitted to keeping star wars active in the future.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope they aren't bringing time travel into Star Wars.

JevanShevu likes this.
  12. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Aint that the truth. Getting beat out by Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, thats just upsetting

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    When's the last time Lord of the Rings was more hip than Star Wars? 2003?

14. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    During the prequels: 2002 - Episode II was fourth grossing film behind LotR, Harry Potter, and Spider Man. 2005 - Episode III was second behind Harry. 1999 Episode I (the most boringest one was on top)

15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Science-fiction in general was on a bit of a downer back at the start of the noughties which probably didn't help the prequels either.

There'd just been too much of it during the nineties, so that when Harry Potter and LOTR then came on the scene at the turn of the millennium, it was fantasy that appeared fresh and exciting, not science-fiction.

If anything, I suspect the sequels will be boosted by how it's now fantasy that has started to get stale after the deluge of so many Harry Potter and Twilight derivatives. Right at the moment, superhero films still seem to be proving fairly resilient... though they've had the advantage of not being limited to quite such a limited set of archetypes, with Batman being so completely different to Avengers, so I'm admittedly unsure how soon they'll outstay their welcome, as they currently seem to have some mileage left.

16. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

I was amazed Spiderman did that well and I still am because it's not that good and since then has completely tanked.

Never got into Harry Potter, too much for the next generation.

Those other movies aren't getting new generations like SW is.

17. Danz Borin

Oct 16, 2012
    What was so bad about Spider-Man I?

18. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Everybody loved it at the time, then after Spider-Man 3 they decided that, actually, they must have hated it, since it had the same director and cast.

Binary fanboy brains strike again!

19. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    lol so true, and people still love them

hopefully superhero movies never go out of style

20. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I still love the original Spider-Man movie. :p

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  21. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    Agreed. However, I think they just put it in there to be kind of fluffy flavor text, they did the same in Invincible, and Apocalypse. Crucible could hold the answer to what will happen with the Star Wars EU with Episode VII.

22. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    Christie Golden isn't that bad of an author. Omen grew on me, and i really enjoyed Allies and Ascension. I didn't like how Travis was all focused on Mandos.

23. Danz Borin

Oct 16, 2012
    No. She really is THAT BAD of an author.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  24. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    christie Golden is very, very bad.

At least Karen Traviss was a decent author, despite her books being significantly off the mark (that was for other reasons).

25. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

Nothing. What was so awesome sauce about it, conversely? I liked The Dark Knight too, but it wasn't the second coming either.