main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Crucible by Troy Denning

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I wasn't interested in DNT at all. The only reason I even picked up the first book was a curiosity about R2 finally shedding light on Luke's and Leia's past. The overall narrative otherwise bored me.

Now is Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi stuff I actually rather liked.

2. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    This is what made me want to try it initially, then as I read more about the rest of the story I was so horrified I decided I would never read it.

3. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    And the sad thing is, they keep giving him MORE post-RotJ books, so things just keep getting worse and worse! Can't Del Rey find any other authors or what?

4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Christie Golden is writing three more books. If that doesn't answer the question " Can't Del Rey find any other authors or what?", then I don't know what does.

Trip likes this.
  5. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008

Whether the Sword of the Jedi trilogy happens or not is yet to be seen.

darthzac14 likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    One of my most-liked posts said just that

7. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    They only Denning books I actively dislike are Invincible and the DNT. But I'm filled with dread about Crucible for some reason, and these spoilers are not helping.

8. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006

Okay, as someone who just re-joined the boards, can I have a run-down on what's going on here with time-travel and reboots and whether Christie Golden is writing anything or not, please.

9. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    At this point in time Christie Golden is writing a "Sword of the Jedi" trilogy. The last word is that it is still on so no reason to believe otherwise.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yet the exact same can be said about the Kemp duology. ;)

Corax78, Zorrixor and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    True. Though news of the SotJ trilogy is much newer.

We have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/08/24/swcvidel-rey’s-star-wars-expanded-universe/

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/in...-york-comic-con-star-wars -books-panel-recap/

----------------------------------------

Though I do see your point, at this time I remain optimistic. :)

12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    my fav Denning books are Star By Star, Tatooine Ghost and Inferno.

13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I liked his FotJ books. Though I seem to be in the minority there...

LawgSkrak and kataja like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Weird Oct 15th, 2012. Any news since then?

16. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I'm not disputing your point. I am just optimistic about it. The artwork looks cool...

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Actually, I kinda went against myself there, since I was insinuating that the fate of SOTJ was as up in the air as the fate of the Kemp duology, then I proved myself wrong by pointing out recent confirmation of Kemp's duology's status. 8-}

And no, darthzac14, as far as I know there's been no news on either since NYCC. It might do to bring up one or both on the SW Book facebook page though.

18. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    ok lol...I must be tired.

19. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

You mean like this?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  20. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I feel like that already and it's two years away.

21. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    Given the travesty that the post ROTJ EU faced starting with Dark Nest and some of the absolutely terrifying philosophical implications at the end of FOTJ in terms of balance and eternal war as such, I can't justifying given Denning a cent of my money and can only await revelations about the book and the apparently earth shattering ending post factum.

Denning's the only writer who has earned the actual distinction of having me sit down and redact sections of his writings with a black sharpie. If it was anyone else, anyone at all, I would get excited about a Big Three book that ostensibly (and FINALLY) passes on the torch. But since it is him, the whole enterprise has me amazingly concerned.

Darth_Foo and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  22. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012

I am worried it's no longer on the drawing board, as it has been removed from the timeline, because in my kindle version of the timeline by Del Rey, it (SOTJ) was listed as forthcoming now it's not listed at all, or maybe it my hardback version, I cant remember...:confused:

23. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Still up on the Wook - no change!

24. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012

Not saying the Wook isn't reliable, but mum has been the word on this series, which is odd considering it was featured at ComicCon and is the only story features that hasn't had a mention since.

25. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Isn't there a Con in Europe shortly (or has it already happened?), might be more info there, if it hasn't. Don't forget that the scheduled release date is 2014, so there's probably time yet.