main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Crucible by Troy Denning

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Maybe comic con or this year's Celebration would reveal something? Old news and the Wook isn't our last hope.

2. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I've never'seen a spoiler thread so little interest.

3. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Missing a preposition or two there. Y'mean we aren't interested in the thread, or we aren't interesting, or what?

4. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Because the spoiler who spoiled it is spoiling this spoilerific thread by spoiling the feeling of spoiling spoilers by being a spoilsport.

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Presumably the usual suspects that'd be providing advanced spoilers have all marched outside as soon as they've each finished the book and summarily set light to their book collections to purge their thoughts and allow their Star Wars books to rest in peace.

6. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Why should they do that? You can get a little bit of money if you take them down to a used book store. I should know, did that last year before the sell. Though less then $30 for over 80 showed a very bad return on investment. Seeing how nearly 1/3 where hardback.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, Luke could have auctioned off his father's armour for some major profits too, but sometimes you have to show the dead a bit of respect and give them the proper burial service they deserve. :p

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You shouldn't have sold to a second-hand book store! They're thieves at best!

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Like college bookstores and textbooks, Pawn Stars and everything, or Gamestop and games!

10. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Hey guys could somebody be so kind as to do one of three things for me: PM me this big spoiler, tell me the page that this big spoiler is (I looked) or just post it again with spoiler tags. Thank a lot.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yup. The better response? Sell items directly yourself. Sure the likes of Amazon / Ebay take a cut but you'll still likely be better off.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    um, yeah, this thread is quite long ;) you don't happen to have the posting-number?

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Can't wait to read this novel. Avoiding spoilers as much as possible, but Ben Skywalker is in it? If so, I'll be really happy.

14. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Ben's in so's Vestara, and ship

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Really? I expected Ben to a certain extent, but not Ves or Ship! I expected them to be saved for a later series. Cool!

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    no. In fact. I'm not even sure what thread it was in.

17. Sith93Apprentice

Sith93Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    I would very much like to see Ben and Ves back together permanently moving forward especially if she stays an unaffiliated Sith in some way but I really think they should fight it out first at least briefly. Anything else would be unbelievable or a gigantic disappointment. I would love to read a trilogy dedicated exclusively to those two especially if it tied in with Jayna's story in some way, but who would write it?

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wait...how do we know Ben and Ves are in it?

19. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    i read a copy from, a friend of mine, who reviews books, for the local sf community

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    (S)he's lucky. I'd love to read this book already. After I get my next paycheck it's going straight to preorder. :)

21. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm now having second thoughts about reading this because of Ben & Ves, but I don't know. I mean after all it's DENNING.

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I was going to read it from the start...but now I'm psyched instead of just "reading it because it's Star Wars."

23. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Anyone who's read it willing to give up some Ben/Vestara spoilers?

24. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    after crucible, the future books belong to ben/vestara/jaina/jag/allana

until lucasbooks, and disney decide what do with the post rotj eu, lucas was writing the treatment for years, and consulting on the cartoon.

According toJjennifer Heddle, of Lucasbooksand Shelley Shapiro of del rey, if they'd known about the ST they
    would have handled the EU, diffently post ROTJ, Disney has yet to pay attention to the Del Rey series of books,
    it all depends, on what Lucas, Arndt, and abrams decide to keep, or throw out.
    And denning may pull a Travis, if the ST erases any of his input into the EU.
    The ending with the artifact, kind of has two functions, it can give normal individuals
    the ability, to use thhe Dark side of the force, and be used in the future to bring back
    dead characters, it feels like the Nexus from ST Generations.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm calling it, non-force-sensitives will become Sith