main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Cruisefest 10/27/07

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ChaseKeJac, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    It was a great turnout again this year with TV crews, papers, and hundreds and hundreds of fans all ages. Darth Vader again was a favorite as well as the Royal Guards, Dark Jedi, and other costumers there all had a great show.
    On the down side, I'm very disappointed about the Oct. post where, yet again, the "hard feelings in the past" was brought up. I thought the group was mature enough to get past it especially after the numerous apologies I had made.
    I understand there were some that couldn't make it due to RL obligations, that's fine. The Boo at the Zoo isn't really an excuse since it doesn't start until dark anyways. We were planning on going if we'd had someone to talk to about it, but no one showed from this group. I view this not only as immature on many peoples part but also insulting to the myself, the people of Little rock, visitors, and event coordinators that not ONE person could show. Don't get angry at me if you think this is dirrected at anyone in particular, because it's not. This is aimed at those who had the ability and resources to make an attempt and did not.
    It is with these actions and disreguard of any attempt to work with another group and what I thought were many of my friends, that I am hereby quitting the Arkansas FanForce, ArkanSith, and any ties to this group effective Oct. 31, 2007.

Those who wish to find me, know where they can.
    Drago--Chase Ke Jac 327th Star Corps
    OUT

Locked at grounps request

2. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Whoa! That seems extreme - but, I won't tell you not to (if you feel strongly enough about it you'd just do it anyway), it's your decision to make.

I don't think the lack of anyone showing up has anything to do with "hurt feelings" (but I don't assume to know the entire story, who was involved, or what they thought/think) because that does seem petty and immature and I'd like to think that we all are beyond that sort of thing. But even if some people chose not to go for that reason that's no reason to leave the fan force and completely disregard the rest of us who weren't involved or those that are "over it" (whatever "it" was).

I honestly don't recall seeing anything about this event ever posted on these forums. When did you post it and ask about it? If this is what I think it is (the one where some folks from the group got see the General Lee and meet one of the guys from the Dukes of Hazard - ?) I remember people talking about it and it seemed everyone had a pretty good time. I don't know why people weren't able to make it (or why they chose not to) this year, but to assume it's because of some past misunderstanding and just petty "I won't go there for them" attitudes isn't fair to anyone - especially those of us that couldn't make if we'd wanted to (or knew about it).

But like I said, if you want to leave over this, I can't stop and I won't even try. It's not my job to try and keep the peace or to soothe ruffled feathers when someone gets upset over something... But I just hate to see a Star Wars fan leave a generic all-inclusive fan group like the Fan Force over something like this. It would seem like more of a loss than a statement, IMHO, and I hate to see the already small numbers of fans involved with the group (at any level and in any capacity/amount of activity) be reduced even by one.

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    From the October Events page

No one ever pm'd me about being interested in this event (the hard feelings thing was there as a hint to grow up and get past that without seeming to be re-hashing)

I assumed that I got no pm's because we alread had an event on Saturday...And that was not boo at the zoo... It was at the Horror Con from 9am to 230 pm (when we were scheduled with the magazine photos scheduled for b/t 2 and 230.)

I also had no information for times or meeting places to post because we were never formally reminded that this was coming up. I was taking information from the 501st forums and letting fan force folks know there was an event.

Sorry that we had already agreed to do another event, but as was said on the 501st board...

This is where it got left with Ryan and if this event occurs next year we need a bit more than 3 weeks notice. (It takes longer to ask for time off from work for most people and a lot of our group has to work weekends). According to the star garrison site, I didn't think they were expecting anyone from Arkansas to make it due to previous commitments.

Also, there was never an invitation to this group posted by the parties in charge. And yes, there was one back in the spring. In February was when we first found out about the event...but, with no reminder in the fall... we scheduled another event...

It was not meant to be a direct attack... The comment about there having been hard feelings was meant in a way to say "let the past be the past" as some folks didn't know if we were still invited...which is the same thing I said at the 501st site. If you took it the wrong way, so be it...it was not meant as anything against anyone...more of a "the event is still there sort of thing"...

I apologize that you feel this way. I hope that when you calm down you'll be able to forgive whoever it is who offended you... But, I can't make anyone be a part of this group. I can only apologize that you took what I said wrong...

Though, if we are welcome as part of this event again... that we'll get an invitation ahead of time near the event so we can avoid this sort of thing happening again.

Sorry again.

BJ

4. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    The invitation was always there. No one was "un-invited". I was hoping the half dozen or more apologies would have made due, but to no avail. I think the problem was, as many have PM'd me, feelings were not hurt, rather EGO's were.
    Wow, ya'll were attending the horror con.....6 blocks away. Ours was 10a-4p.

I still hold many of you in high regards, RedHandJill, Jeremy and wife, Jason and Sara (wherever they are), and others.

I will not be responding to any more forums posts after this and will be answering PM's until Oct. 31. After that, I'll be permantly on the 327thstarcorps.com

/bows out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.