main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Crumbling democracy: Great war Rpg

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by loneclonehunter, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loneclonehunter

loneclonehunter Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2007
    WAR. War surrounds us, death surrounds us, and we must stand stoic against the enemies that are knocking on our doors. We must stand tall and proud and fend of the hatred and evil that seeks to take our very souls from our bodies. I have seen jedi fall from the graces of the light, to the dark side of the force. Lured by its power, its false promises of peace and unity.
    I, too, have been tempted by this power.
    But i saw through the haze of lies that the Sith have created, I have seen the Sith atrocities first hand and i know what they are capable of, i will not underestimate this threat. I will be one who stands at the gate of hell and yells down to the darkness that surges up, " I WILL NOT FEAR YOU!" And my Jedi brothers will stand by my side, the force making us one, a united force that is the beacon of hope for the republic. We will smite the darkness and reclaim peace for the universe, as it once was, even if i must sacrifice myself to accomplish this.

The Great War has begun, the forces of the Sith empire challenge the long standing Republic in open war, but the republic is not the only force challenged, the Republics long time protectors and allies, The Jedi, have been attacked by the once thought dead Sith lords. The sith launched an attack on the jedi temple on Coruscant, killing many jedi knights and their masters. This bold move by the Sith forced the Jedi to retreat to their home wrorld of Tython. The sith, now claiming base on the ancient sith burial world of Korriban, have built their numbers once again and are prepared for what they have started.
    The only question is, are the Jedi prepared?

In this Rpg, you may play as anyone of these classes:

REPUBLIC:

TROOPER- the bulk of the Republic and sith army is comprised of its troopers and without this substantial force, neither side would stand a chance in open warfare. The trooper prefers heavy armor and heavy weapons. You will often see troopers in full battle armor with a blaster rife or anti-armor gun. All troopers are equip with both sticky and fragmentation grenades and a standard blaster rifle and blaster pistol.

SMUGGLER- The smuggler is just as vital to the war as any other class. Without smugglers and their devious tricks, blockades from both sides would prevent either side from getting the necessary provisions required to sustain an army. The smuggler, however, is not without price, often going to the side that is willing to pay them the most, but unlike the bounty hunter, smugglers have a conscience and more often than not, make the right choice, whatever it may be. The smuggler is often seen wearing light, space worthy clothing and 1 or two blaster pistols, but they are more than meets the eye. A good smuggler is a formidable oppenent and carries a wide array of gadegts and gizmos that get them out of hairy situations, but more often then not, smugglers rely on their luck.

JEDI- the Jedi are the peace keeps of the Republic, but they are also its primary defenders. Using the force, Jedi have become the primary commanders of the foot soldiers and also the most feared foe of their enemies. The jedi are seen in a variety of outfits and weilding a variety of weapons. there are 3 jedi classes, jedi padawans, jedi knights and jedi masters. and 3 sub-classes, jedi guardians, jedi sentinels and jedi consulars.

Note: these are mostly suggestions, if you can think of a class you would like to play as, PM me and i will give you the okay =)
    Same goes for the sith classes (below)

In the Sith, there are troopers (as listed above), but there are a variety of other classes as well.

SITH EMPIRE:

BOUNTY HUNTER: The bounty hunters are the scourge of the universe, hunting down and killing their prey just to make some credits (and they make a killing, pardon the pun). The bounty hunter's allegience lies with whoever is willing to pay them the most credits, and they are willing t most anything to get those credits. Bounty hunters are armored in light, yet amazingly durable armor, and cary a wide variety of weapons and gadgets at their disp

2. loneclonehunter

May 17, 2007
    I will post my sheet so you may have a reference if need be:

Character sheet:

Name: Lord Tythus, or Darth Tythus
    Class: Sith
    Sub-class( if needed): Sith Inquisitor
    Species: Chagrian ( Like Darth Wyyrlok)
    Affiliation (sith or republic): Sith Empire
    Outfit: black robes with a large metal belt, that has 4 tubes branching from my back to the belt, black leather gloves tipped with metal talons, and on the top of the gloves are 2 dark red force crystals. I have read skin with black sith tattoos, ad well as two horns on my head as well as two branching down from my neck.
    Weapon of choice: a purple double sided cane blade, as well as pair of red sabers on my back and 2 short swords hidden in my sleaves.
    Other weapons: force lightining is my prefered method of attack and interrogation.
    Gadgets (if needed): my left eye is bionic and my right arm and leg are bionic.
    Bio: darth Tythus was born into the sith academy, raised to be a sith and have never known any other life. At a young age he began to study the ancient texts of the sith, learning all of the subdleties of the dark side. He excelled in the uses of the force in battle and by the age of 20 was granted the high rank of sith inquisitor. When the attack on coruscant was called, he was assigned to invade the temple. It was the first time he had ever faced jedi and he found them to be less than worthy opponents. After the battle, he was sent to Korriban to finish his tests to become a sith inquisitor. He entered the tomb of ajunta pall and fought his way through hordes of dark creatures that had claimed the tomb as their home. at the end of the test, he had to face his old master, who he defeated, but not easily. His master begged for life, and Darth Tythus denied him, assending to the rank of Inquisitor. Darth Tythus is now in command of a platoon of sith troopers, along with a sith warrior (Who i would like to be a character)

3. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d5/Thonspiky.JPG]

Name: Jrr?tlkn

Class: Smuggler

Sub-class: Mercenary/Privateer Captain

Species: Tchuukthai

Affiliation: Republic

Outfit: Ornate armor reserved only for Tchuukthai warriors born into nobility who served with distinction in a time of warfare.

Weapon of choice: His own claws, horns, and teeth

Jrr?tlkn was one of the few Tchuukthai to leave his mysterious home planet and gain prominence throughout the galaxy, primarily as a scholar and writer. He has spoken little of his early life on the Tchuukthai home world, though it can be surmised by his ceremonial armor and claw-scarred face that he was a fearsome warrior of noble blood.

He first became known within academic circles for his translations of numerous Tchuukthai epic poems into Basic. But he became a living legend when he published his magnum opus, an epic saga recounting the Force Wars of Tython, founding of the Jedi Order, and the First Great Schism. Along with the Celegian Loowiss, a close colleague of his who systematized the Jedi teachings, Jrr?tlkn is considered the most influential non-Force sensitive on the Jedi in history. His writings have been read and studied by aspiring Padawans and aged Jedi Masters for decades.

He is a firm believer in the Force and the ideals upon which the Republic was founded, though at the same time is fiercely independent, thus not desiring to serve under the Jedi or Republic directly. When the Sith attacked, he felt it was his moral and patriotic duty as an experienced warrior to combat the threat they posed, and to that end sought a commission as a privateer captain. He has spent a significant portion of his wealth custom ordering a small, heavily-armed skiff (dubbed ?The Starbird? for its shape) which he now captains alone. In addition to conventional arms, its most devastating weapon is a single interstellar ballistic missile with its own hyperdrive and a miniaturized mass shadow generator warhead capable of sinking a continent.

Due to his difficulty speaking Basic, Jrr'tlkn will often speak Shyriiwook to those who understand it, or have his faithful "Multipurpose Automaton" droid MA-T6 serve as a translator when needed.

By the way, what year does this take place in? I assume from your description that it takes place following the Treaty of Coruscant (which immediately followed the sacking of the Jedi Temple), but that would place it during the Cold War, instead of the Great Galactic War as the title suggests.

4. loneclonehunter

May 17, 2007
    Sorry, i would forget to post that. This takes place immediately following the sacking of coruscant and the attack of the sith on the Jedi temple.

5. loneclonehunter

May 17, 2007
    Oh, and to clarify, i wrote this thread and apparently didnt think about my history =P I appologize for that.

6. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    I have several quick questions for you.

When does the game begin? On a certain date or when a specific number of players join? Is there a maximum number of players?

Is this a sandbox style game or is it more story driven?

Is your second post merely an example of how to fill out a character sheet using one of you planned non-player characters or do you intend to be both a player and the game master?

7. Master_Raam

Master_Raam Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2010
    Hi, this is Loneclonehunter, i had to amke a new account because my sister logged me out and i forgot my password. So i will answer those questions for you now.

1.) yes i am going to be the game master, but I will also be a player in the game.

2.) The game starts when we have a sufficiant amount of players to actually play the game, i would like to have 5 or 6 before we actually start to post, but more a welcome to jump in at any time.

3.) This RP is a little half and half. I want it to develope into a story but i didnt want to lay down a story and say "follow this because i said so." I want to the players to be able to create the story so that it works for everyone.

8. Master_Starsun

Master_Starsun Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2010
    Name:Corran Starsun
    Class:Jedi Knight
    Sub-class( if needed):Jedi Consular
    Species:Human
    Affiliation (sith or republic):Republic
    Outfit:Jedi Robes
    Weapon of choice:Blue bladed lightsaber
    Other weapons:Hold out blaster
    Gadgets (if needed):
    Bio:Corran has always aspired to be a Jedi historian, spending long nights in the archives. Now that the Temple has been destroyed, Corran has decided to travel to other locations significant to the Force to study its will.

9. Master_Raam

Jan 1, 2010
    We just need a few more to begin, and more a welcome to join during

10. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    I would like to withdraw CS from this RP, Thank You.

11. Master_Raam

Jan 1, 2010
    OOC: You never posted one to my knowledge

12. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    OOC: I sent one in and never got a reply back

13. Master_Raam

Jan 1, 2010
    OOC: I apologize deeply, i never recieved your PM. I truly am sorry, i would really like it if you would resend your PM to me, i will gladly accept it

14. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    Not to be rude but is this going to happen? I am really excited to play.

15. Master_Raam

Jan 1, 2010
    OOC: I just recieved 2 new sheets and approved them, as soon as they ar eposted we may begin

16. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    OOC: Good, good, everything is coming together nicely.

17. john123abc

john123abc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2010
    GM approved

Name: Quase Shaisasis
    Class:Jedi Master
    Sub-class( if needed):Guardian
    Species:Thisspiasian
    Affiliation (sith or republic):Republic
    Outfit:simple long dark brown jedi robes
    Weapon of choice:four lightsabers (at the same time) two are blue, other two are green
    Other weapons:his tail
    Gadgets (if needed): jedi equipment
    Bio:born on Thisspias he was taken for a jedi training at an young age, he developed loved for books and seeking knowledge. Once he became a jedi knight he came back to his home planet to seek his family, however his family was murdered by Sith, for that he swore revenge, he learned how to harvest his rage much like Mace Windu, normally he is very patient and calm but when he fights Sith he becomes ruthless and brutal. Quase uses four lightsabers when he duels which is deadly for both him and his opponent.

18. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Fay Mason
    Class: Jedi Knight
    Sub-class( if needed):
    Species: Human
    Affiliation (sith or republic): Republic
    Outfit: Jedi Robes
    Weapon of choice: Green Lightsaber
    Other weapons: Blaster Pistol, Stun Grenades
    Gadgets (if needed):
    Bio:
    Fay is in her second year as a Jedi Knight. New to the responsibility, she fears taking on a Padawan of her own any time soon. Though strong with the Force, the Dark Side once lured Fay in after being knighted. Close to becoming entranced amongst the Sith, she is now more determined than ever to return to the light and be one with the Force. She often seeks guidance with Jedi Masters and hopes to be ranked as a Guardian.

19. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010
    OOC: Can we start the game now?

20. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    OOC: Wow, you're one eager beaver aren't you Johnny boy? Don't take this as an insult, I'm just happy there's someone as enthusiastic as myself.

21. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010
    OOC: Thanks, I'm new to this kind of RPG and I haven't really played any games yet although I joined few, I joined one game that already started but I don't know if anybody still posts on it, besides this game seems really exciting and fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.