main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Crusade (SbS AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Star-Lead, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Crusade

Aun?shi looked at the report from the sensor drones deployed on the strange construct in orbit of the planet that the Tau had planned to add to the tau?va, or the Greater Good as humans called it.

Shas?el O?shar looked at Aun?shi. The Shas?el was obviously planning an assault.

?The human fights for the tau?va,? Aun?shi observed. ?It is my belief that we should aid him.?

The taller Fire warrior nodded, said, ?As the greater good is served,? and strode towards his personal Crisis suit.

In the bays of the Manta destroyer, other Shas?la and Shas?ui readied themselves for combat.

Aun?shi followed O?shar to a dropship, his light footfalls obscured by the heavy thumps of the battlesuit?s strides.

Anakin Solo was fighting, his lightsaber singing, cutting down Yuuzhan Vong with every blow.

But it was not enough.

Suddenly, brilliant flashes of light silhouetted the Vong as suits of what had to be power armour descended from the ceiling, their weapons firing.

Squads of short aliens in body armour dropped from hovercraft, rifles firing as plate-like drones joined them, either shielding the warriors, all of whom had the same symbol on their shoulder-pads, or firing their own weapons.

All this he saw before a missed parry resulted in his leg collapsing under him.

?Now you die Jeedai,? the warrior who?d just taken him down growled.

?I think not,? a small melodious voice said from behind the warrior.

There was a blur of motion, and the Vong fell, sliced neatly in half, a look of shock and outrage on his face.

The one responsible, a small robed alien with light grey skin twirled his staff.

The other two warriors charged him.

Aun?shi smiled. They were predictable, these Yuuzhan Vong. He had fought them before, and they hadn?t gotten any smarter.

The first was blasted apart by burst cannon fire from O?shar?s battlesuit.

The second reached Aun?shi and the Ethereal moved so fast that he wasn?t even a blur, just appearing to be in a dozen separate places at once.

The warrior flew apart.

Aun?shi ran to Anakin?s side, summoning Fio caste medics as he did.

?Rest noble Shas?vre,? Aun?shi said, ?we have sent Stealth and Crisis teams to find your friends.?

?Who?? the young human asked.

?We are the Tau,? Aun?shi said, as the medics started their work. ?Now, rest while my medics tend to you.?

2. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Dude.......your story is..DUDE.I think that says it all [face_laugh]. But seriously, that is supa supa cool way to start a story, and as long as Anakin lives and dates Tahiri, and Jaina and Jag are together, and Danni "Cradle Robber" Quee dies a painful painful death , im happy.LOL.Yes i am slightly hard to please.

nina

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    are these characters from that Warhammer stuff you're always talking about? I'll be reading this one as it goes, its definitly original. Plus its got Anakin Solo :)

4. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    are these characters from that Warhammer stuff you're always talking about?

Yes.

I'll be reading this one as it goes, its definitly original.

Why thank you.

Plus its got Anakin Solo

Of course.

Now, a little information on Tau Fire caste rankings:
    Shas - Fire. Generally used to refer to a member of the Fire caste.

Shas'la - Fire warrior. The basic troops of the Tau, these soldiers are physically weak, but fearsome in their devotion and long-range skill.

Shas'ui - Fire veteran. These warriors are veterans of many combats, and are also the lowest rank to wear the ubiquitous Tau battlesuits.

Shas'vre - Fire hero. Shas'vre command battlesuit squadrons, and are inspirational to Shas'la, and other ranks.

Shas'el - Depending on the translation you use, this is either noble or knight. Shas'el command Hunter Cadres.

Shas'o - Roughly translated as general. Shas'o lead from the front, often piloting Crisis or Broadside battlesuits into combat.

5. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    This looks like the start to a really awsome fice Star-Lead. Thanks for giving me a headsup on this.

Fireyforce

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Thanks for putting the info on the warhammer stuff up. I think a lot of people are going to need that to understand what you're talking about. Can't wait to see the next post :)

7. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    UP!!! Star-Lead are you going to continue this anytime soon?
    Fireyforce

8. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    FF - Yes I am, I've just got a few other fics being worked on.

9. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    *bump*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.