VIDEO Crusader Kings II

Discussion in 'Games' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 3, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [IMG]

Because you can never have too much familial backstabbing.
  2. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Legacy of Rome is out, and the whole CK2 collection is on sale on Steam for 75% off for the next 24 hours.
  3. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    Have you played Legacy of Rome? I've got a little bit of an obsession with the Eastern Roman Empire, and Paradox's info page for it looks pretty promising.
  4. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, this thread needs to be more active. Lets make it active.

@GrandAdmiralJello @The Loyal Imperial @Gorefiend @RC-1991 @instantdeath @Point Given @...does anyone else talk about CKII in the Lit social thread? I forget.

Anyway. Yeah. This is where I'm going to ramble about CKII from now on. You should, too.

So... it seems that justice is blind for the Vikings, too:

[IMG]

What a legend.
    Last edited by Ulicus, Jun 25, 2013
    Gorefiend likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Anyway, @Ulicus -- that Welsh mod does the trick. I'm not activating the whole thing, but the new flags are certainly exactly what I was looking for.
    Ulicus likes this.
  6. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    So, are the pagan gameplay features worth the upgrade cost, or should I hold out for a Steam sale?
  7. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I think they are, yeah. This was the first time I actually caved and picked up an expansion before the sale, and I haven't regretted it at all.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Amazon actually had TOG on sale a little while ago, I think...

But yeah, worth it. That said, I mostly just played as a Zoroastrian rather than a pagan per se, but I do really like the 867 start.

edit: bwaha the norse invasions of England make it easier to play as Wales because I can HW on them... and I've allied with three Karling kings, so I should be unstoppable!
    Last edited by GrandAdmiralJello, Jun 25, 2013
  9. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I like the new CoA for Halfdan Whiteshirt. Very literal.
  10. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Haven’t been able to play as much CK recently, though plan to get the newest Song of Ice and Fire Mod so I am sure there will be some fun moments in that one.
  11. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Jerusalem: try and hold it, or hand it off to my second/third son?
  12. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    My answer:

[IMG]

(I have no idea why I made him Miaphysite)
  13. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Pfft, you expect to come with a sword with only a 26 war? For shame.
  14. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

Depends a lot on your other holdings, though I usually also hand it off, as it tends to be more trouble than it is worth.
  15. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ended up finding a member of a distant branch of the dynasty without any claims and handing it off to them. Worked well enough, so far.
  16. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    I may very well pick up TOG once I get paid.
  17. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    So, considering how poor the Celtic facepack was, I'm going to be paying special attention to THIS from now on. Because... wow.
    Last edited by Ulicus, Jun 25, 2013
    The Loyal Imperial likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I thought the Celtic facepack was awesome but.... DUUUUDE.
  19. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    I've been playing the Game of Thrones mod for it. Tried playing as the Starks in the War of Five Kings, Robb was castrated once, blinded the next.
  20. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I tried to replace the eyes, noses and cheeks. I did everything exactly the same as in that Iberian portrait mod I use, and wound up with this:

[IMG]

I have no idea where I went wrong. [face_dunno]
  21. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for reminding me that I haven't had much time to play this game lately. I'll pick up the dynasty I was running and see what happens... things were actually going pretty well for me, if you ignore the fact that I had to go to war with two of my brothers. I executed one and spared the other, in hopes that I'll have secured his loyalty. I'm sure that won't come back to haunt me [face_dunno]
  22. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    @Ulicus -- did you change the number of portrait frames and/or properly copy the lines?
  23. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I just copied "western_male_eyes_2" (and all the other bits and pieces I wanted) into a mod folder and renamed them into "celtic_male_eyes_2".
  24. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Double posting (because I'm a terrible human being), but there's another beta patch available for steam users at the minute. Have to opt in.
  25. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    The people of this game really don't understand the meaning of gratitude.

Remember that brother I spared? I went the extra mile and gave him his own county (in retrospect that was probably really stupid, but I had hoped I had irrevocably bought his loyalty). A few years later my spymaster finds that he's scheming against me. He's not planning on killing me or anything- yet- but still, the very notion that he's even considering doing anything that's not in my best interest made me want to righteously imprison him and even-more-righteously execute him. I know asking him to not scheme is probably like asking him to amputate his arm, but seriously.

But I'm a dope and just confronted him with the plot. He wisely dropped it. Considering I've had to execute another brother, and my youngest brother stupidly died in a duel, he's my last living sibling. I'm definitely gonna have my spymaster keep an eye on him.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Jun 28, 2013
    Ulicus and Gorefiend like this.