main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Crusader Kings II/III

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    MrZAP likes this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    There are a bunch of bugs, but nothing game-breaking. Smoothest major release yet!

3. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I found this friends/lovers/rivals situation amusing (ignore the birth):

[​IMG][​IMG]

(And, yes, the dynasty name translates as "High Rule" aka "Hyrule". Sue me.)

4. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I really like the new persian portraits/units.

Sadly, looking awesome has not made any of my Ironman Karen games go better. :(

:mad:Abbasids.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Goddamn Steam sales. Time to become a Buddhist tyrant, I guess.

Draconarius, Saintheart and Ulicus like this.
  6. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yuuuup.

I told myself I wasn't going to pick RoI up until it was 75% off but, eh, 67% is close enough.

Ramza likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    RoI is great just for the volume of content it adds. +HIP. Plus seems to be dead. :(

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Was playing the Game of Thrones mod the other day. Did the Feast for Crows scenario as Jon. Accepted Stannis's legitimization offer, killed Ramsay in personal combat, and beheaded Roose after I won the North. I couldn't put Stannis on the throne, but managed to capture something like 40 Freys when I took the Twins. After the war was over the Frey went from 70 members to 20.

Saintheart likes this.
  9. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    This game is just WTF. Here's me, sweating my butt off in Ireland over a good hundred years or so, watching and cursing as my Chancellor sits in bloody Oriel or Kildare or Connacht doing nothing towards advancing all those fake claims on counties, watching as my single plot to murder the Earl of Desmond gets revealed drunkenly every time and even after throwing a daughter and 20 gold at the guy's Marshal he still won't join the plot. Anyway, after a judicious reload or two which makes my fourth character live for a few more years -- What the hell? How does half my family die off in under two years, leaving the realm to shatter into pieces when the title goes to some ****ant count of Osmond? -- and I finally get there. I pay off the frigging Hospitallers in order for those namby-pamby white-sheeted baby-killers to give me 300 piety, I click the "Create Title" button, and boom, suddenly I have a new cool gold headband and I'm the king. Oh, and by the way, let's fix it so you can't take that ambition you wanted of becoming King of Ireland right when you can actually achieve said ambition.

First order of business is to nominate a new heir, so I click the button and this list of eligibles comes up. Hmmm ... yeah, no, you're two years old ... yeah, no, you're Ambitious ... wait. Why's this guy got a gold ring around his character portrait? He's got a drop of blood next to him, and -- THE KING OF DENMARK?

I vaguely remember, about fifty years ago, amid my paranoid frenzy of preserving my line by spreading my seed far and wide, amid the sweat of betrothing newborn sons to forty-year-old paedophile women from Italy, finding a niece somewhere and clicking the matrilineal marriage option for her. Some poor desperate tulip-grower about third or fourth in line to the crown liked the way she looked and took her on. Now my dynasty is sitting on two thrones at once. I can even swear fealty to my clog-wearing, dyke-fingering, windmill-loving distant cousin. What the hell.

...er, any pointers on where you go from Irish hegemony?

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    ^^^^
    Post of the year.

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Saintheart likes this.
  13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    lol Tribe of the Mouse

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That sounds ridiculous and creative. Gah, I almost want to try it out :p

16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    The "Sons of Lodbrok revenge" event is... thorough:

[​IMG]

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    New open beta patch... NOW WITH GAVELKIND CHANGES!

FINALLY.

"Here is another beta patch, fixing even more issues and changing some behaviours that turned out to not work so well with the new mechanics.
    One of the mechanics we have tweaked the most ( both in this patch in in the previous one ) is the dreaded Gavelkind split, we have changed it to to be somewhat kinder to the primary heir and to produce nicer splits.

Since the mechanic is very complex and is not explained well enough ingame, here is a breakdown of how it should work now:

All children ( taking gender laws into account ) are entitled to an inheritance, but those children do not need to get an even share of the inheritance.

The split will now attempt to split only Dejure Duchies if it can, and your primary heir will always have preference to inherit the duchy where your capital is located, so if you have enough land to enure all your children get something, your primary heir will inherit all your lands in your capital duchy.

So: say you have 3 sons and 5 demsne holdings.

If all 5 demense holdings are in your capital duchy your younger 2 sons will get a county each and your primary heir will get 3 ( always including your capital ).

If 2 of your demense holdings are in your capital duchy, 2 are in another duchy and 1 is in a third duchy your primary heir will get the 2 in your capital duchy, your second son will get the 2 in the other duchy and your third son will get the last one.

If only your capital in your capital duchy and the remaining 4 demense holdings are in 2 other duchies your primary heir will only inherit your capital, his younger sons will get the other holdings.

Keep in mind that this is a beta branch, so there could still be bugs, crashes and odd behaviour, use at your own risk."

Full changelog:

MAJOR:
    - Disabled the Depose Liege CB and the Weaken Fellow Vassal plots for not working well enough
    - Fixed an issue where adventurers would no longer spawn fleets correctly
    - Tweaked Gavelkind succession to focus more on the current capital duchy region for the primary heir rather than the "preferred" capital
    - Tweaked Gavelkind succession to take no heed of what heirs will inherit from outside your realm

MINOR:
    - Fixed bug where combats with multiple units on one side would always pick the WORST leader for each flank
    - You can now only complete the "Become Exalted Among Men" ambition once per lifetime.
    - Fixed OOS if all players did not reselect their characters after the last player had loaded the save.
    - Tribals will now upgrade towards castle if their liege is feudal and city if their liege is republic.
    - Removed the vassal king opinion penalty.
    - Faction CBs are now invalidated when the liege is in a faction.
    - The Byzantine free revoke on duchies are now in the Imperial Administration law.
    - If the Charlemagne DLC is enabled, the Byzantine free revoke on duchies only applies to Viceroyalties.
    - Fixed bug where the Centralization law was reset to the first level when enabling High Tribal Organization.
    - The viceroyalty status of titles are now reset when the top liege gets the title, instead of just the liege.
    - Lowered the opinion penalty for feudal vassals for granted viceroyalties (was -5 for king viceroys and -2 for duke viceroys, is now -2 for kings and -1 for dukes).
    - Vassals can now grant viceroyalties if their topliege have laws allowing this and they have viceroyalty titles to give away.
    - The viceroyalty flag for titles now resets when the topliege inherits the title, not just the liege.
    - Viceroyalty titles can no longer be given as a normal title to a vassal.
    - Added missing decision icon for offering to help with lieges titles.
    - Minor localization fixes for events.
    - Viceroyalties now provide their lieges with fewer levies.
    - Fixed bug where overridden tribal holdings were not properly removed.
    - The decisions for forming kingdoms and empires now have their succession laws inherited from the base title.
    - Fixed CTD when using the console to increase attributes and the target character was dead.
    - Event when regent is in on plot to lower tribal organization now have the right localization.
    - Crash fixes for total conversion mods when learning scenario characters did not exist.
    - Fixed republican succession where the capital was not a county capital.
    - Tribal buildings now show what castle and city buildings they convert to in their tooltip.
    - Republics now use their succession laws properly for all their titles and not just some of them.
    - Fixed bug where looters were able to siege several holdings in one province simultaneously.
    - Fixed broken calculation of months when determining if the war is undecided.
    - Fixed bug where characters selected before loading a save was still the selected character after the save was loaded.
    - Fixed issue where the exported chronicle showed the wrong year.
    - Fixed bug where chronicle entries were missing from the chronicle.
    - Characters with portraits in the chronicle will no longer be pruned from the database.
    - Fixed bug where filler-entries showed the wrong year.
    - The call all tribal allies tooltip now tells you when you can not call tribal vassals.
    - AI no longer changes viceroyalty laws to handle being over vassal limit.
    - Tribals and pagans can now raid others of the same religion.
    - Triggered modifiers will no longer be added repeatedly and will be removed when no longer valid.
    - Fixed bug where succession laws inherited from viceroyalties defaulted to gavelkind instead of the intended law.
    - It is no longer possible to destroy viceroyalties.
    - Fixed bug where factions to change succession laws were allowed against viceroyalties.
    - When copying laws from viceroyalties, the liege title will be used for copying the laws.
    - Fixed bug where the mongols could enact the open elective law.
    - Viceroyalties can no longer change succession laws.
    - Pressing "G" when having several units selected will now merge the units instead of changning mapmode.
    - Blocked several CB's and plots against viceroyalties.
    - Fixed bug where characters lost the viceroyalty-tag on their titles when they rebelled against their liege.
    - Fixed bug where characters did not lose the viceroyalty-tag when they inherited their top liege title.
    - Forming a merchant republic no longer creates a patrician of your own dynasty vassal.
    - Mercenary costs are now calculated properly before raising them.

MODDING:
    - Added copy_title_laws flag to the create_title effect (yes will copy laws from the base title)
    - The priority_shortcut flag in interface scripts can now be used to define priority shortcuts. Priority shortcuts will fire before any other shortcuts.
    - Added error log message for assigning is_viceroyalty in history where the title is owned by the top liege.

18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Wow, Gavelkind isn't completely terrible now, that's cool.

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, my most recent foray into the world of eugenics didn't go nearly as well as I hoped... but I'm actually looking forward to playing as my heir.

Behold, the Inbredible Hulk!

[​IMG]

He's overcome a lot.

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Time for the overdue bump.

[​IMG]

It's come a long way.

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    This article may be of interest to some of us.

22. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    ... Who's played CKII for 10,500 hours? That's insane. I mean, I play EUIV very often, and I've got about 930 hours on it. That's a lot. But it's nothing compared to that other person.

Is it a youtuber? I can imagine someone like Arumba racking up lots of hours. Can that be looked up?

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Average playtime of 99 hours is massive.

MrZAP likes this.
  24. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007

• Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
    • Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
    • Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
    • Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
    • Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
    • Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
    • Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.

25. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I have a feeling that the Game of Thrones mod folks are going to have a lot of fun updating the Dothraki with this expansion. Just like the Ironborn and Old Gods.