main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Crush [Jaina, Kyp -- Valentine's Day Fun!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Title: Crush
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Genre: humorishy?
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron
    Summary: Not all ten-year-old?s are accepted by their crushes.
    Notes: Pure Valentine?s Day fun. Enjoy!

Jaina looked at him out of the corner of her eye and giggled. She had been waiting for this day for months ? waiting, planning, giggling at the thought. For a young girl who normally spent her time helping her father fix their every-breaking ship or fighting and pillow-sparring with her brothers, Jacen and Anakin, this was a new adventure for her.

Jaina enjoyed new adventures. Her brothers might find her silly, but then she felt that she was entitled to girlish adventures as much as any other girl. And today was unlike any other day in the year.

Valentine?s Day ? the day of pink, red and white, of hearts and love. Her parents typically ignored it for the most part while the rest of the Galaxy erupted with flowers and kisses. And while her brothers stuck their tongues out at the Galaxy and made throwing-up noises whenever the words ?pink?, ?red?, ?white?, ?hearts? or ?love? were mentioned, Jaina had her eyes set on someone.

He was older, of course ? much older, but that would hardly matter in a few years. Her was much too tall for her, but she would grow (she refused to end up with the same height as her mother). Anyways, these were both minor problems that would hardly matter. After all, she was growing up. As a ten year old, she had already thrown out the possibility that guys were ?icky? [i]and[/i] she was head-over-heels in love with [i]him[/i] and went positively giddy whenever she thought about him.

Maybe it was his sarcastic wit or the way he spoke to her that made her love him ? or the way he fondly ruffled her air. But whatever it was, she was convinced that after today, Kyp Durron would be hers and hers alone.

And so she glanced around the room, her heart pumping wildly, a grin spreading across her face. She was at one of those Valentine?s Day parties ? the ones where friends, family and colleagues all met for a few laughs and a good chat or two. Jaina had waited until her parents were engaged in a conversation with Wedge Antilles before creeping away through the crowd towards her target ? Kyp.

?How you doing, kid??

Jaina looked up and smiled at the Jedi.

?Good!? she replied cheerfully. Her hands fumbled with the box she had painstakingly convinced her mother to allow her to bring. ?Here.? She thrust it into his hands. ?It?s a present.?

Kyp looked at her quizzically and opened the box. His eyes went a little wild and then he laughed, closing the box.

Jaina flushed and smiled.

?You?re funny, kid.?

?Well?? She shrugged. ?It [i]is[/i] Valentine?s Day.?

That made him laugh even harder. He reached out and ruffled her hair.

?Don?t try to grow up too quickly, Jaina,? he advised. ?Leave Valentine?s Day for your parents.? He looked at her closely and added quietly, ?I hope you didn?t show that to your parents.?

She giggled, her cheeks flushing. ?No, they don?t know.?

The older Jedi laughed. ?Good girl.? He lent down and put his hands on her shoulders. ?We?ll keep it a secret, all right? Neither of us will tell them anything about it.? He winked at her and ruffled her hair again before standing up. ?Bye, Jaina.?

Jaina watched him go, a sense of guilt building up inside her, coupled with a slight embarrassment that brought a deep flush to her cheeks. She [i]shouldn?t[/i] have displayed her crush in such an? [i]extravagant[/i] way. Possibly a heart with ?Kyp + Jaina? written on it wasn?t the best plan.

However, there was always next year? and the year after that. And if not ? well, it would always remain [i]their[/i] little Valentine?s secret.

[hr]

Happy Valentine's Day! :x

2. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    :oops:
    o_O
    :(
    [face_sick]
    [face_talk_hand]
    :D
    [face_laugh]

*points* Now there, that is the reason why I just cannot read or support K/J. [face_worried]

But this is such a lovely story, 10 year old Jaina is really cute - perfect voice for a girl that age (IMHO). Adorable. And just slightly erm ... [face_sick]

:p

Ys, Fia (*hiding behind her chair in fear of K/J supporters*)

3. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    Funny!!!

your parents don't know...do they?

LOL

-A[face_coffee]

4. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    now that was awkward

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwww, poor Jaina.

Her valentine was so cute.

Nice job on the story

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was just plain cute!!!:)

I actually have a theory as to why all Jaina's boyfriends all have green eyes and black hair...

You got it-- she is trying to find her Kyppie in all the wrong places [face_love]

FL @};-

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Fiana_Novarr: *points* Now there, that is the reason why I just cannot read or support K/J. worried

Awwwwwww, but K/J is just so much fun to write! (Except this wasn't real K/J, this was more little-girl-experiencing-crushes-for-the-first-time ;) :p )

But this is such a lovely story, 10 year old Jaina is really cute - perfect voice for a girl that age (IMHO). Adorable.

Awwww, thanks! :)

Darth_Intagable{/b] Funny!!!

your parents don't know...do they?

LOL

LOL -- thanks for reading! :)

skywalkerlover00: now that was awkward

8-}

Only slightly, my friend. :D After all, have you ever met little girls who are quite "crushed-out" ( :p) on older guys? I have. They're adorable, and therefore refrain from telling them that it's not going to work. :)

KELIA: Awwww, thanks, hon. :) [:D]

Flowerlady: That was just plain cute!!! happy

Awww, thanks! :D

I actually have a theory as to why all Jaina's boyfriends all have green eyes and black hair...

LOL!

You got it-- she is trying to find her Kyppie in all the wrong places

Absolutely! :p :)

Thanks for reading!

8. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Incredibly sweet. Jaina sounded just right--and Kyp was hilarious, and rather tactful, I thought. But "you didn't show this to your parents, right?" was just very funny. [face_laugh]

9. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Beyond cute. Nice glimpse at the little girl crush that preceeded the adult flirtation.=D=

10. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] That was just wonderful. =D=

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    THree "I Love Zekk" icons in a row? :eek:

[face_batting][face_batting][face_batting]

SakuraTsukikage: LOL! Thanks! Glad I got their characterizations right! :D

emeraldshadow: Lol -- thanks!

jedi_of_ennth: Awww, thanks! :D

12. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005

Yes, the Zekk-lovers are taking over the board![face_devil]

13. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Aww, what a cute story!

14. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    It was so cute! :)

15. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Sorry I'm so late. This was such a cute story. I absolutally loved little Jaina. Awsome Job!

16. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    That was so sweet and funny. Seriously it's funny how an age gap makes such a huge difference at that age but when they are both adults it won't matter nearly as much! This was such a lighthearted story and a breath of fresh air! Well done!!! =D=

~Goddess Jaina~

17. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I wonder if she gave him a different one next year after all . . . .

Just thought I'd mention again how adorable this was! [face_love]

18. solarstorm5

solarstorm5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    Poor Jaina. Don't worry. Wait a couple years and then you'll get your guy.

19. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    So cute!!! [face_love]

I dunno why, but this story is screaming for a sequel... [face_mischief] Maybe eight or nine years later... [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.