Crushed (JA) 3 May story complete, thanks for reading!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    *giggles girlishly*

Ooooo Obi's in lurrrve!

Great writing Jane! More soon I hope

Hugs
    Kithera
  2. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice work.

Obi is always learning something new or seeing something differently isn't he?
  3. juwannajedi Jedi Master

star 4
    //claps hands and hops//

Yippee!!! Oh how fun, Jane! I love it! :D
  4. Glad is June Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Abbi_Cee Jedi Master

star 4
    So Obi's beginning to understand Dyar a bit, maybe he'll be more tolerant the next time he wants to show off a new droid or spar. But now his attention is turning to Phar and I'm sure it is more than just a case of hero worship.

It's odd you know, speaking of crushes and attractions, but I've never found young Obi to be particularly attractive physically. I mean he's handsome enough, but no more so than many other young men I've seen. On the other hand Qui-Gon I find devastatingly sexy and I sometimes wonder just what it is that makes one so attractive and the other not. Just one of those mysteries of life I guess. :)
  6. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Um, Obi? Dude? Someone with a record in Juvvie is NOT someone you should be looking up to, no matter how tight her tube top is! ;)

Ah, Abbi_Cee, you & I, the same page... [face_love]
  7. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Waiting for another post.Just a thought but being crushed or having a crush could be a "double edged sword" working two ways for the better or worse..PEACE Ewen
  8. Tahiri Jedi Master

star 4
    I knew Qui was going to beat up Obi 8-} Great post! I like how Obi came to realize what Dyar was doing and why :)
  9. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Renata- I agree completely.... well, except for the Qui crush. I just can't get into guys with beards and long hair (so please explain why I find the Annie Liebovitz photo soooo sexy??) [face_love]
  10. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know, Abbi, Renata, and Padawan Kitara, it's funny. I do think Qui-Gon is sexier than Obi-Wan, despite the fact that I usually don't go for long hair or beards either, but when I write, I find myself gravitating towards the padawan instead.

Thanks for sticking with me, everybody; Kit, Jenn, juwanna, June, ewan, and Tahiri. I really appreciate your replies and comments.

Here's the next post! I hope it's not too racy and that nobody gets embarrassed.

The gang was back the next day, but at first, Obi-Wan could not see Phar among them. He felt a moment of disappointment until he suddenly spotted her farther down the line, half-hidden behind the Togorian with the dirty, mangy fur, and then he felt himself start to smile.

"Well, we?re here again,? Phar said as she came up. She took her bowl of soup and came around the table to stand next to him. Drive gave her a glare, but stalked off, and Obi-Wan noticed that he found a seat where he had a clear view of his sister. A moment later, Phar?s voice made him turn his head. ?We thought we?d caught a few crates of food falling off the back of a transporter, but then Security showed up and accused us of stealing it, so we had to run. We were hungry all night -- we could hardly wait to get here to-day.?

"I?m sorry,? Obi-Wan said sympathetically.

Phar flashed him that brilliant smile, making him feel as though his few simple words had made the situation better immediately. Suddenly, she dug into a pocket of her trousers and extended a comlink on her open palm. ?By the way, you dropped this yesterday.?

Obi-Wan stared at it in surprise, his hand going automatically to his belt. She was right, it was his. He didn?t understand how he could have dropped it, as he hadn?t used it yesterday at all. Usually, it was in a secure pocket, but he couldn?t explain otherwise how it had come to be in Phar?s possession.

"Thank you,? he replied, putting it back into its proper place. ?I never noticed it was missing.?

"You?ve got to watch out for your things,? she laughed.

"Yes,? Obi-Wan replied absently, looking into her eyes. For the first time, he noticed that they weren?t actually brown, as they appeared to be from a distance, but were actually an odd shade of green. He saw his own reflection in them, and could have looked forever, but after a moment, Phar broke the contact, making him aware of the food line again. Dishing up a plateful of soup for the next being, Obi-Wan murmured an apology for having made him wait, then turned back to Phar only to see her wandering away and sitting down across from Drive.

She came back about ten minutes later, though, as the line was coming to an end, sliding around behind the table to stand next to Obi-Wan again. ?Can I help you wash up??

Obi-Wan looked over to Qui-Gon, who considered the request in silence for a moment. For Obi-Wan, it seemed like an eternity. Why didn?t his master just say yes? None of the other beings who ate at the kitchen ever volunteered to help.

"I?m not going to steal the spoons,? Phar joked.

At length, Qui-Gon replied, ?Thank you, Miss Swife, we would appreciate your assistance.?

"You can call me Phar, you know.?

"I know,? Qui-Gon nodded.

"I?ll wash and you can dry, Obi-Wan,? Phar said, rolling the cart of dirty dishes into the small kitchen in the back of the dining area. Obi-Wan followed as she put the plug into the sink and began to run the hot water.

"Don?t forget the soap,? Obi-Wan said, squatting down to get the squeeze bottle from the cabinet underneath. To his surprise, Phar leaned her leg heavily against his shoulder, almost making it impossible for him to straighten up again. He had to shift his weight and ease himself away from her.

"So is it true,? Phar asked, taking the bottle from his hands while looking him in the eyes, ?that Jedi can use the Force to enhance ... every performance??

At the word ?every?, she squeezed the bottle vigorously so that a long stream of liquid soap spurted into the water. Her eyes remained fixe
  11. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi's gonna need a cold shower, if he ever gets a clue. :D 7
  12. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    *raises eyebrows for a second then grins* Yeap, Obi-Wan is in BIG trouble.... *giggles*

Oh my, what is Qui-Gon thinking?
  13. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    *laughs* Great beginning, Jane. You know, it's obvious that Obi-Wan never attended a public school... Can't wait for more! :D
  14. Abbi_Cee Jedi Master

star 4
    Whew! Thank goodness, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only Qui fancier left on the boards. ;)

Poor Obi, the Jedi do tend to keep their young a bit clueless... or is it just Obi? Phar was certainly a bit forward and I have to wonder just what is she up to? She seems to miss her foster family and I get the impresion she's not too happy with her brother's domineering. I'm also suspicious about how Obi lost his comlink. Great post, looking forward to the next.
  15. Ginger_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *chants* Don't like Drive, don't loke Drive, don't like Drive!!!

LOL 7!
  16. Tahiri Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe, That was a really cute post!! Obi's so adorable :) I like Phar's humor, and I also agree with Abbi Cee...Qui's pretty sexy [face_love] Don't know why he is, but he is 8-}
  17. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Very funny post. Kind of reminds me of the interview I read with Ewan McGregor after TPM. The interviewer was teasing him about the lack of clothing in many of his films and he said that maybe in the next Star Wars film we would see Obi-Wan's "lightsaber" [face_laugh]
  18. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    I am not big on"Love" stories with Qui or Obi,but I have a feeling about this story so I am here!!Jane one of your stories was the first QUI/Obi FF I ever read and got me hooked,so I have to stay loyal to your stories.PEACE Ewen
  19. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Oh, ugh, Phar is a floozy! (I don't think I'm allowed to use the terminology I'd prefer for a description!) Qui is right to keep an eye on her. Dare I hope she gets her comeuppance at the end?

As to QGJ... I admit, I'm not into long hair or beards myself... but baritones make me absolutely weak kneed! (I'm telling you guys, it's the VOICE! I once sat riveted through a documentary on caves because You Know Who was narrating...) [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  20. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] I give that post a four on the blush-0-meter scale.

There is definetly trouble a brewin'. I don't know which will be worse, if her interest in Obi is genuine, or a set up.

Just what did she need Obi's com link for, there is no way I'm beliveing he droped it.

I hope you keep spoiling me by posting everyday.

21. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ewen, this isn't meant to be a "love" story, so your "feeling" must be correct. I'm glad you're still reading, and thanks for your loyalty!

Kitara: yes, I think I must have read that interview, too! ;)

Musical and Abbi Cee: No, Obi-Wan never attended a public school, LOL, and could therefore be considered "a bit clueless"! After much thought, I have decided that the Jedi raise their children in as much "isolation" as they can afford; flooding them with a virtuous environment and sheltering them from evil the best they can. I'm sure that at least one of their teachings paraphrases the wisdom of training up a child in the way it should go so that it will not depart from that way when it gets older. Another friend of mine compares Jedi upbringing to the way Buddhist monks are raised.

Renata: floozy. Now that's a word I've not heard in a long time ... a long time. ;) But you might well be right, and you may certainly dare to hope!

Jodiwent: Am I really so transparant or do you just have extraordinary powers of perception? And blush-O-meter? LOL! Anyway, I'll be happy to continue to spoil you every day!

Thanks for reading, Tahiri, Ginger, 7, and Jenn! Here's the next post already. I tried to make it a cliffhanger!

Back at the Temple again, Obi-Wan didn?t see Dyarbin waiting for them at the entrance, but when they were halfway across the great hall, he came leaping down the stairs so fast that Obi-Wan thought he might slip and roll the rest of the way. ?Hi, Obi-Wan, hi, Master Jinn, I?ve made a new droid, look!?

Trying extra hard to hide his impatience and remember how important it had been for him to get the attention that he?d craved during his own episode of hero worship, Obi-Wan smiled and admired the squat, ugly droid with its uneven number of appendages. Inwardly, however, he was wishing that it was Phar meeting him and showing him something that she?d created.

"Look, it can shoot a little bolt of electricity! Shoot!?

Obi-Wan jumped as the tiny electric spark hit his hand, and tried not to ask what it would be good for. ?Very nice.?

"And I did really well on my meditation! So can I spar with you to-day? Please, Master Jinn, has he got time to-day??

"Yes, he certainly has,? Qui-Gon replied.

Obi-Wan stifled a groan and nodded obediently, hoping that Dyarbin hadn?t noticed his slight hesitation. ?What time, master??

"You?ll have an hour right before supper. In fact, Obi-Wan, you could practise with him the rest of the week while we?re here on Coruscant. But you must excuse us now, Dyarbin, because Obi-Wan has many things to do before then.?

"Thanks, Master Jinn! I?ll be looking forward to it, Obi-Wan, and don?t be late! One hour before supper!? Dyarbin gathered up his droid and leaped back up the stairs.

When he?d disappeared around the bend, Obi-Wan turned to Qui-Gon. ?Master, please don?t think I?m being disrespectful, but -- the whole week??

"You are not being disrespectful, Obi-Wan; however, the fact that you asked at all means you still need to work on patience and tolerance. The opportunity to learn is here, Obi-Wan, let us take it and be grateful.?

"Yes, master,? Obi-Wan sighed. He had to practise his patience in order to truly earn the title of Jedi, he knew he did. He knew he wasn?t responding properly to Dyarbin and that he had to do better. He just wished that Qui-Gon would find a way for him to learn patience and tolerance with Phar instead.

After another lightsaber session in which Obi-Wan?s left hand was tied behind his back, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan knelt down in meditation in their quarters. At first, Obi-Wan was successful in losing himself in the Force, but after a while, his attention wandered, and he found himself thinking of Phar yet again; her brilliant smile, the odd colour of her eyes, the way she tilted her head ...

"Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan??

The voice of his master finally drilled into his consciousness, and he opened his eyes, looking up sheepishly.

"How was your meditation??

"Not -- not very good,? O
  22. Ganki Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh bvery cute. I think I know where this is going and it isn't exactly "LOVE" Am I close Jane or what?

Well it was a great post and I will defilently be following this.

More Soon I hope!
  23. Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Something tells me that Phar may not have fully left the foster family on her own. And has for Obi going to *help* her and the gang, I get the feeling he is in for a bad time. Now would Qui let him go to learn a lesson or would Qui say no and Obi disobeys his Master's wishs?

Nice post, Jane. :D
  24. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    POTIPHAR S WIFE, ummmm, Jane is there some underhanded meaning to that name, is our naive Padawan in big trouble?, is that guy really Phar's brother??? BTW I'm really into this story. :D 7
  25. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Like others, I hope Obi-Wan manages to be a bit more patient with Dyarbin as he know understands the way the boy thinks of him.

I laughed like crazy at Phar's teasing of Obi-Wan and the young Jedi's total cluelessness! [face_laugh] Sassy girl, that one! I have a feeing Phar may see Drive as a 'brother' but wonder whether he sees her as a sister???

Hmmm... now I wonder will Qui-Gon let Obi-Wan visit Phar? I'm not too sure I would knowing the boy's distracted with her the way he is. I do have an idea of a compromise Qui might suggest... :D :D I'll wait and see.

Wonderful posts Jane, and you never need worry that your readers will abandon you. Your stories are always entertaining. :) :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.