main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crushed (JA) 3 May story complete, thanks for reading!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    "LET DEAD DOGS LAY".Do I sound cruel,I am when it comes to OBI.Jane you have outdone yourself with this story.I love it.I can not wait to see what will happen next.I don't buy that stuff that Obi was her only ticket out.You have to want to help yourself before you can be helped.Phar was trying to trade one problem for another."May the force be with her" cause I'm not.PEACE Ewen

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jane, I am in utter shock!!! Not only that Phar wound up dead but that she joined in the attack on Obi-Wan!!! I can't quite fathom my feelings on her death yet... to do what she did to Obi raises some serious questions on her mental status. Most of my thoughts seem to be how this will all effect of favorite Padawan ,though of course he still has to get out of the immediate situation.

I love surprises Jane, and this one completely blind-sided me!! :) :)

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    *speechless*

Oh Jane! How could...? I mean Phar was a pain in the arse and all...but she didn't have to die. Poor Obi, what is he going to do now!

Kit

4. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
  5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, I wanted to see her come to a bad end, but I didn't expect that! :eek: I hate to say it, but she sort of had that coming. Though I would have been happier with "seriously wounded." Still, if you're going to mess around with Jedi... (I know, I sound cold. But you reap what you sow. Lie and act like a sl--you know-- and you have to expect to pay the price. Which, at the least, is probably going to be a nasty social disease.)

Now, the question is, will Obi-Wan get out alive? (I don't see how!) And will it teach him to avoid girls who are obviously trying to seduce him?

*shaking her head in awe* And worst of all... I have a TERRIBLE feeling that we're getting near the end? :( Hope I'm wrong, Jane!!!

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I wanted to see Phar out of Obi-Wan's life, but that wasn't the expected method of extraction. Our poor padawan is really in it deep now!

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I have to admit, I didn't see that coming!!!

BTW.... great story Jane, you always deliver the best!!!!!!!!!

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh wow Jane this is intense!

I didn't expect Phar dying either.

I was surprised at how 'ignorant' Phar was, but she sounds like a lot of teen-agers who believe what they see in movies or on t.v.is reality.

I think she was rotten, she did rotten things, but she was not evil.

Yes, you do reap what you sow, but cheeting, lying, and stealing don't carry a death sentence. (Well in most places it doesn't)

Obi is going to feel horrible, and I wonder what IS going to happen now.

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for replying, everybody! No, Phar wasn't evil, and she didn't necessarily deserve to die, but on the other hand, there's a lesson here for Obi-Wan to learn, and the worst-case scenario is probably the only thing that would get through to him. But more about that later. :)

He rushed in, and Obi-Wan acted on instinct, bringing up his lightsaber to defend himself. Drive?s body collapsed on top of him, and he struggled to be free of it, fearing more attacks by the other gang members. They remained where they were, however, staring at the carnage, too shocked to move even as he got to his feet, panting with the effort.

"I?m sorry,? he gasped. ?It was -- a misunderstanding. I?m sorry.?

They said nothing, just stood there and looked from him to the bodies behind him, obviously wondering if it were worth taking him on again. Ignoring the blood pouring out from his leg and the fiery pain in his ribs, Obi-Wan corrected his footwork and brought his lightsaber up into a defensive position, letting his eyes flick over each one of them in turn to watch for any signs of an oncoming assault. But the implicit threat seemed to be enough, and they moved aside to let him through. He didn?t quite dare turn his back on them, though, and sidled across the room, always aware of the possibility of an attack from behind, even though they appeared to be cowering away from his lightsaber.

It seemed to take forever to get back to the upper levels of Coruscant. Once, a long, long time ago, there had been lifts and escalators that worked, but now they were still, and Obi-Wan had to transverse each step under his own power, feeling the pain deep in his leg increase with every movement, and the pain in his back and ribs increase with every breath. He walked slowly, weighed down as much by the sorrow and guilt in his heart as by his injuries, and kept his lightsaber ignited until he actually arrived at the nearest transport stop. Realising that he was now being stared at by people who neither looked nor smelled like gang members, and were too well-dressed for the lower levels, Obi-Wan finally switched his lightsaber off and lowered his arm.

After several moments, Obi-Wan fastened his belt around his waist, above his sash. His arm hurt and there was blood trickling down inside his sleeve. With shaking fingers, he then undid the sash and tied it tightly around his upper thigh in a feeble attempt to staunch the stronger bleeding there. He?d just finished when he caught a flash of movement out of the corner of his eye, and reached automatically for his saber, but it was only the arrival of the transport. The other people moved away from him in alarm, and kept their distance even after they?d boarded. Obi-Wan found that he didn?t blame them. If he?d been able to edge away from himself, he?d have done so, too. He felt horrified and sick, almost physically nauseous, at what he?d done. Phar had turned to him for help, and he?d killed her. He was responsible for her death.

Obi-Wan wanted to vomit. The thud of her body hitting that thin mattress and her truncated scream echoed in his mind. He shut his eyes, trying to squeeze away the memory of hers, but could not. If only he hadn?t gone down there, she?d still be alive! If only he?d listened to the Force, he wouldn?t have been caught in such a compromising situation. If he hadn?t shut his mind to that uneasy feeling, he might not have had to fight his way out, killing two people in the process. Obi-Wan sighed miserably, cutting it short because of the agony in his spine and ribs. Why hadn?t he trusted his instincts and stayed in the Temple?

Because he?d wanted to help, he remembered. He?d been afraid that Phar was dying, bleeding to death. But she hadn?t been. She?d lied to him. She?d stolen his comlink for the sole purpose of getting the code so that she could lure him down to the hideout, and he?d scarcely had time to realise those facts before he?d been distracted by Phar?s attempts to seduce him. Seduce? She?d never been atttracted to hi

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hoefully Qui-gon will see that Obi-wan's concious is punishment enough and leave him alone, or only give him a light reprimand!

Go Jane~! So sad, and I don't want to feel the end approaching, but I do....*sigh* I wish this went on forever *grin*

Hugs
    Kithera

11. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Oh Obi... :_|

Well at least Qui isn't the bullheaded man he was when Obi was 13. So I think Qui would forgave him.

Jane, that was a heartbreaking scene.

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Heart-breaking is right!! It's ashame that we can't teach adolescents the errors of our ways, that sometimes it's only the tragedy of experience that lessons are learned.

A stunning post Jane!! :) :)

13. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan (having thoroughly terrified the good citizens of Coruscant! :) ) Yes, it was terrible that Phar died; OTOH it WAS self-defense, even PHAR was attacking you! Option was what, Phar living while you were killed? Glad he finally saw her for what she was.

Still... having to explain to Qui-Gon will be the worst. :(

Awaiting (and dreading!) the end... ;)

14. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Qui should forgive Obi, but not without a firm reprimand, and meeting before the Council, someone died even though in self defense, Obi needs the lesson. 7

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Phar's death is a tough lesson in itself, but Obi-Wan has to face his master and accept what ever punishment is meted out since he disobeyed a direct order and people died as a result.

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    QGJ has nothing to forgive Obi for.He truly went there thinking that Phar was indeed seriously injured.The death while in the Jedis eyes is tragic, it was selfdefense.I mean we are not dealing here with Anakin,but "QUIs" beloved Obi.PEACE Ewen

17. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    YAY! I finally caught up to this story! Oh, Jane, this is GOOD! I had no idea this story would take this direction after the first fews posts! MORE!!!!

Obi

18. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    ONe word: WOW!

19. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I think Qui-Gon will understand. Not to say that Obi-Wan won't be punished for what he did, because he certainly deserves it, but that his master will understand that his padawan isn't a full Knight yet, and there are reasons for it. Obi-Wan learned from his mistake, and he must pay for that mistake and the lesson. Already the lives of Drive and Phar have done part of that, but he must make up the rest. He won't forget the gang members, and that will probably weigh on him more than any lesson of Qui-Gon's. At least, that's my take. ;)

20. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    That was soooo sad.

I can't wait for the next post, but I won't get to read it for a few days.

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for all the comments, everybody! I've been to-ing and fro-ing with my beta reader for two weeks now, working on the ending, and I hope it's satisfactory. However, we're not quite there yet, we've still got a few more posts and a bit more angst!

The healer padawans arrived and did the routine check-over, then covered the wounds on his arm and leg with bacta bandages before helping him onto their hover-stretcher. Laying flat hurt even more than sitting upright, but they were already covering him with a bright blue blanket and fastening the straps over it, and then he was being whisked away towards the lifts. On the way into the infirmary, however, they almost collided with another hover stretcher coming from the second lift, and Obi-Wan was shocked to see Qui-Gon walking alongside, holding the hand of whoever it was.

"Master!? he called, trying to pull one hand out from under the blanket despite the pain that his struggles caused. Qui-Gon looked over for a short moment, but didn?t get a chance to speak before the other stretcher pulled ahead, sweeping him along with it to enter the infirmary first.

Obi-Wan was taken to a private examination room. Although he?d expected Master Healer An-Paj, who seemed to be around most of the time when Obi-Wan was injured, it was instead a female Healer just a few years shy of being ancient, and her very young, very new Devaronian padawan, who checked him over. The Healer was patient and thorough, explaining every step of every examination, and the result of every scan, which showed some cracked vertebrae and ribs, two of which were also broken as well. She was also, despite her age, strong enough to help Obi-Wan sit up and roll over onto his stomach as needed, using the Force to dull his pain receptors so that the movement did not result in agony. When it came to cutting Obi-Wan?s trousers away, however, she let her padawan do it, encouraging him at almost every snip, then questioned the boy about the wounds. The Devaronian hesitantly, but correctly guessed that it had been a Togorian, and was both relieved and astonished to discover he was right. Obi-Wan kept opening his mouth to ask for Qui-Gon, but could not get a word in edgewise.

"Now, with this kind of injury, padawan, we?ll want to put him in a horizontal bacta tank --? the woman intoned.

"Please, can somebody get my master?? Obi-Wan finally broke in, lifting his head slightly to emphasize his words. He didn?t want to go into bacta without knowing what his fate would be, one way or the other. Pain radiated throughout his body; down his arm and leg, and from his spine along his ribs, but he persisted. ?He?s in here somewhere. I saw him when I came in. Please. I really need to talk to him.?

The Healer frowned at the interruption, then sent her padawan to find Master Jinn. The boy returned only a few moments later and reported, ?Master An-Paj says that Master Jinn will have time to see you soon, but he?s desperately needed over there just at the moment and that you should be patient.?

"Sorry, Padawan Kenobi, but wounds like these don?t have time to be patient. Let?s get you into bacta now,? the Healer announced, giving the repulsor stretcher a nudge with her leg to get it moving.

Obi-Wan was too surprised to protest as she guided the stretcher out of the room and down to the bacta tank gallery at the end of the corridor. Why had Master An-Paj answered, and not Qui-Gon? Who in the galaxy could be more important to Qui-Gon than him, his own padawan? Surely he?d seen that Obi-Wan was hurt, too! Or was he already rejecting Obi-Wan, having guessed by one single look that disobedience had led to his injuries? Such blatant disregard for his master?s orders, combined with Obi-Wan?s obvious inability to control his feelings, could certainly be considered grounds for dismissal. Almost afraid to hear the answer, Obi-Wan nonetheless lifted his head again and glanced around for the healer padawan. ?What is my master doing??

"Holding that other boy?s hand,? the Devaronian said bl

22. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Ouch! Obi is in a fine mess isn't he?

Qui-Gon would follow the Force... hum.... Well, it will be good in the end. Besides even if Qui-Gon doesn't take Obi-Wan back, Obi-Wan still has the Force doesn't he?

Dyarbin is going to be ok, isn't he? And Obi-Wan is going to find out how and why Dyarbin got hurt right?

23. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    OK - it's fairly obvious that no one else here is going to say it - BUT I AM!

Good job, Master Bonehead. He's young, he made a mistake, he's hurt, he's eating himself alive with guilt, he's supposed to be the most important thing in YOUR life - and you let him go into bacta wondering if his life is over and you're going to abandon him.

Way to go!!!

Thanks, Jane. I never liked him much to begin with - and you've just reinforced my original opinion.

Sorry to the Qui-lovers on the boards - of which I am NOT one. :D

24. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Dyarbin, injured what happened????, Obi your just going to have to wait until you come out of the Bacta tank. [face_mischief] hopefully it will take a couple of days. 7

25. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    What happened to Dyarbin? Come on Jane, you can't leave us hanging here!

Poor ol' Obi, hope Qui-gon isn't too hard on him

More soon?

Kit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.