main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Crying Raindrops (After Qui's death/Ani's POV/vignette/angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Solent, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I wrote this a while back when I was thinking back to when my oldest brother died several months ago. So I decided to post it. I hope that is fine. If it's confusing, then I am sorry. I haven't had it beta-read yet, so you must forgive me if there are many mistakes.

Enjoy.

<~>~<~>~<~>

Timeframe- TPM
    Summary- Anakin's thoughts after Qui-Gon's death but before his funeral.
    Disclaimer- I don't own anything.

<~>~<~>~<~>

Crying Raindrops

A thick blanket of clouds covered the planet, knitted together by the threads of raindrops, woven by the needle of lightning, which was destined to break at due time.

Yet flames softly snatched for the cloudy sky, throwing smoke into the air from their delicate hands. The scent the fire set off was dark; its light placed a gloomy feeling in the atmosphere; the taste of dull ashes settled on my tongue, giving me more reason to dislike this place; the cackling of the flames whispered into the air, breaking the still silence that everyone was under.

Sighing silently, I shifted my eyes from the fireplace up to the Jedi who quietly spoke with Padme near the door. They were speaking of several funerals we were asked to attend. Obi-Wan accepted the request, though something told me that he wished to say in his room that the Queen allowed us to lodge in. Yet, Obi-Wan kept his calm, collected mask, and did what others requested. Normally, yet strangely, he dragged me along every time as though he did not wish to see me out of his sight.

I didn?t mind too much. It kept my mind off Qui-Gon?s death. At the thought of Qui-Gon, I sighed again and sat back into the chair where I sat, staring off into oblivion while my gaze settled on the softly dancing fire.

It had been three days since the battle in Threed and since Qui-Gon died, but I still have yet to mourn. Stealing a glance of Obi-Wan, I secretly wondered if he wept for his lost master, or if it had yet to hit him.

I did not understand everything or anything. The adults spoke in hushed tones around me; the Jedi were constantly watching me; Padme was far too busy, and whether or not he meant to be so, Obi-Wan was also busy. No one explained anything with detail, leaving me to guess and assume.

Watching Padme and Obi-Wan silently discuss the funeral we were attending in several hours, I studied Obi-Wan for a moment. Since he broke the news of Qui-Gon?s death to me, the Jedi kept to himself, quiet but firm whenever I did something out of place. It was hard to please him when he won?t tell you exactly what you did wrong.

I miss Qui-Gon.

?Anakin,? Obi-Wan?s kind, but stern voice snapped my attention, and I gazed up to him. ?We have a funeral to attend.?

With a tired nod, I stood from my chair, straightened my clothes then smiled at Padme who offered one also. ?I?m ready.?

Obi-Wan nodded approvingly then guided me out of the room. Silently we strolled through the halls of the Palace towards the exit. We were leaving the Palace to attend the funeral of someone I knew absolutely nothing about, only that he died in the battle.

Climbing into the speeder after Padme, I turned to watch Obi-Wan speak with one of the guards before joining me in the speeder. Soon the driver drove off, and we headed to another funeral.

I wasn?t sure of what happened between the speeder-ride and the funeral, but all I know was that I stuck by Obi-Wan?s side, saying nothing to anything, merely copying the Knight whenever he did something.

A shadow. That is what I felt like. But a shadow of whom, Obi-Wan or my old self? What was my old self? The slave on Tatooine, or the rejected Jedi? Once again, I sighed depressed and confused. Some things were never answered. If Qui-Gon was here, certainly he would take time to answer my questions, but he?s not here. He will never be here again.

Drawing a sharp breath of realization, I stared at the people at the funeral, never truly noticing them. It was just me, the crying raindrops, and the dull pang inside my chest, causing i

2. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    It is the one thing in life, I suppose, that could be completely expected but still be surprising. It always hurt. Accurate, well stated.

I have also lost a few people close to me, you summed up the thoughts and confusion accurately. A sad, heartfelt piece that shared the feelings of loss well. It is good to remember everyone has value, even those not close to you. At the end everyone's time is just too short.

I liked how Anakin tries to understood, even the short time he shared with Qui-Gon had changed his life and been enough to form the important attachment he had to him.

Thanks for sharing.

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    "What are you thinking?" Obi-Wan asked gently, rocking me back and forth.

AWW! THAT WAS SO SWEET! THESE ARE THE KIND OF STORIES I LOVE! SERIOUSLY! DO YOU HAVE ANYMORE?

4. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Altaira- Thank you for your kind words. :)

diamond_pony2002- Thank you. :) I have many other stories, but the only other stories I've posted have links in my profile. I am glad you enjoyed it.

((Solent))

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm sorry about your brother. :(

And you did a great job on this story. I hope it was cathartic for you to write.

6. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    anakin_girl- Thank you, and yes, writing this story helped a lot.

((Solent))

7. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow I loved the way you told this story. You could feel everything that Anakin felt. Obi-Wan who burried himself in responsiblities. And poor Anakin did not know what to do with himself. Then they both a little stronger together. And I think the part where Anakin wondered if Qui-Gon thought about him as he died was fantastic.

wonderfully written Master.

Vely

8. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Velvet, thank you very much. :) I was worried this story may be a little dull, but I am glad it is not. Thanks again.

((Solent))

9. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    NOT FAIR!!!

NEBULA DESTINY SOLENT SITH!!!! *Tries to recall more names you went by....fails* ARG!

It's not fair to make me cry without warning, you little brat! :)

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Man, Neb, I'm amazed. You delved so deep into Ani's feelings...I felt like I was feeling Qui-Gon's death rather than him. Wow. Good job.

10. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Jaci- NEBULA DESTINY SOLENT SITH!!!! *Tries to recall more names you went by....fails* ARG!- :D You missed a few, I think. ;)

It's not fair to make me cry without warning, you little brat!- I take it you cried then. Sorry, I forgot about the warning, but I?m glad you liked it. Thanks. :)

((Solent))

11. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    That was very beautifully done. It handled the whole thing very well, in its own unique way.

12. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    darla101- I am very pleased you think so. :) Thank you.

((Solent))

13. Jessica89

Jessica89 Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2003
    That was a very sad, but good story!
    Did you know that qui gon is coming back in Episoide3? Jessica89

14. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Jessica89, thanks for reading! Yes, I heard rumors that Qui-Gon may return in EPIII, and I hope he does!

Thanks again!

((Solent))

15. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    This needs a nice big UP! Oh, and when I first replied, I didn't say anything about your brother! Durf! I'm so sorry about him! I bet you miss him a lot, huh? Well, just think of the good times you had together and remember, he's your imaginary friend, the person in your dreams, the sunshine, the shadow you see everyday, the whisper in the wind, and your heart.

16. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Diamond_pony2002-Thank you for both the up and your kind words. It has been a year since he passed away, but I still miss him. He was always a great big brother, although he wasn?t always around. Thanks again.

((Solent))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.