main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cryptic Aurebesh message on Reddit??

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jenkins, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenkins

Jenkins Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2013
    hey,

was just browsing reddit a few minutes ago and saw this weird image. didn't think much of it until i checked the user's other posts. they're new and the only thing other than the image they've posted is "R_S_Transmission 0002 will commence in 672 hours. Rogue Star standby mode initiating" which sounds like they'll be posting again soon.

i reverse image searched the thing and it seems to be an original image. broke out a aurebesh translation chart and got a few before giving up:

NEW ALDERAAN
    KILO CALRISSIAN
    EXILE
    etc.

haven't done any "code breaking" of cryptic crap since that LOST thing years ago so i'm kind of rusty and thought i'd enlist the help of other SW people, thus this thread!

anyway, don't know if it's anything relevant, just thought maybe it could be a viral thing (that new *mysterious* novel comes to mind), though it could just as easily be a troll/someone screwing around.

anyway here's the link to the user:
    http://www.reddit.com/user/roguestartransmitter
    and the image:
    [​IMG]
    also the aurebesh thing i was using:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurebesh

sorry if this is the wrong place for this...i'm new! >.<

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see if they post any more messages. They might be linked.

I'll finish translating and then post that as well.

Could be perhaps a code, because so far none of it really relates to any published story/film. Just the similar names.

I'll let you know. :)

3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In order from top to bottom:
    1. New Alderaan
    2. Excorinator
    3. Kilo Calrissian
    4. Great Republic
    5. Darth Khaaos
    6. Zel Solo
    7. Schism
    8. Thena Kryze
    9. Vangaar
    10. Admiral Solo
    11. Bespin Shipyards
    12. Hope Rendar
    13. XT-83
    14. Empire Loyalists
    15. Exile
    16. Solitude
    17. Dagobah
    18. Balance
    19. Tython
    20. Force Death
    21. If this galaxy is to survive, there can be no Jedi Order
    Basically to me, it looks like some sort of strange preparation for a fanfic. Nothing too significant.
    The characters are based off original SW characters, the locations are as well, and the tagline below is pretty standard Fanfic stuff.
    Could be part of the novel, there is that slight chance, but it also might just be a fan messing around.

benknobi1 likes this.
  4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Hats off to our resident translator AV^:)^
    *Keep us posted:cool:

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This has showed up on 4chan: https://archive.foolz.us/tv/thread/29298418/

http://4chandata.org/tv/-a342578

Darth Khaaos becomes a particularly interesting prospect when you consider, as one of the 4channers pointed out, what "Khaaos" is an anagram of. On the surface of it, it's just a typical Sith name, like Stryfe, Traya, Maladi or any of those other idiosyncratically-spelled versions of normal words that the Sith seem to love so much. But it's also an anagram, with a somewhat startling implication... make of it what you will.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that this discussion probably belongs in the Ep VII forum, especially if it strays into spoiler/speculation territory. In fact I think I saw that Aurebesh image in a thread over there some time ago.

7. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    > Han and Leia are only mentioned in passing; Han as "Admiral" and Leia as chief representative of New Alderaan
    > Luke is a hermit in exile on Dagobah
    > Main character is a female smuggler named Thena who crashlands on Dagobah and meets Luke, who trains her

those sound alright

the rest is very meh

but having Luke live as a hermit now the empire is destroyed makes no sense and is very very clichéd,

"oh must be part of the old Jedi order,.. Obi was a hermit, Yoda was a hermit..duuh, me Luke Skywalker me wants eatt"

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is pretty obviously someone's fanfic, but I have to say that "Darth Khaaos" is honestly pretty clever, as these things go.

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    There's also this, which showed up back in November on the EU Cantina website:

[​IMG]

It mentions some of the same stuff... the Excoriator, the title (The Twin Suns) and also mentions a "Darth Tano" which, if this is genuine, could have been an earlier working title before they came up with Darth Khaaos.

Here's the thread where that turned up: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64310&sid=ea11ae554b379174dd726f5b346b3c18

Further down that thread, the poster GrandMaster said:

I assumed BS when I came across the thing, but now with two different accounts from two different sources, in addition to the Reddit image, I'm starting to wonder. Are they "leaking" tidbits here and there to tease fans...? Or is this a misdirection thing, trying to make fans think they have an inside on what the film is gonna involve, only for it to be something completely different? Time will tell I guess.

It's early days yet, but plot details do tend to leak eventually. I'm reminded of Wierd Al Yankovic's American Pie parody which is the story of TPM, told through the eyes of Obi-Wan. He wrote the song before the film came out, based entirely on online fan rumors. But it was pin accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.