main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Crystal Clarke in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Adi_Gallia_9, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

I would agree, other than the fact that Carrie's publicist tweeted about Maisie being on set.

2. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    She should offically change her name to Kiburrcrystal.

DarthIshyZ and TheManFromMortis like this.
  3. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014

Not sure she's Rachel. I think that script was a general thing they whipped up to test for various roles. If the person was good enough, they could be put in contention with already established actors for the actual lead role. Since the lead roles seem pretty clear to be Boyega and Ridley, already somewhat "professional" actors, then I'd assume these two are going for smaller roles, that were expected for people coming from an open casting call.

4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Would be funny if the guy who thought he saw Maisie on the set actually saw Crystal and never talked to them, just assumed it was Maisie.

Agreed.

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I know nothing about her, but yay for another woman! :D

I'm so jealous of her hair!

6. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Her hair is fab, they should keep exactly like that.

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well she does look a lot like Maisie. Funny that she was officially confirmed/acknowledged before Maisie. Maybe Maisi's character is killed early on so that Crystal can replace her as a decoy.

Not suire about Lupita. She looks distinct enough.

We might also be seeing a trio of NIghtsisters.

TtheForceHurts and klooney like this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Interesting. It's nice to see some more unknowns stepping up the plate.

9. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Maisie is definitely in this movie, she just hasn't been announced yet. Carrie's assistant mentioned her by name and there is no earthly reason she would be on set unless she was in the movie I'm glad to say.:)

EDIT: Crystal Clarke... what a beautiful woman. Daisy you have competition!:p

Immortiss and Claire1976 like this.
  10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Or Kaiburrcrystal. :p

We may get a lot of beautiful women in this movie. Daisy, Lupita, Maisie, Billie, Gwen and now Crystal. Her hair seems to draw a lot of attention but I am more of a fan of her lips.

CairnsTony likes this.
  11. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    This cast is CRAZY big! Anyone trying to write even a synopsis or a treatment that is a few pages long? Everytime we get a new name or two it's like DAMN-just as I was getting going with it now I have to fit these new people in? I just found roles for the last few people.

Sith Witches-all the girls are Sith witches except Carrie and Daisy!

12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I definitely think the Sith Witches are coming .......

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  13. CarryABigStick

CarryABigStick Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2014
    Yep sith witch

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This hasn't hit 50 pages yet?! Inconceivable!

CairnsTony and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  15. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Some sort of emerging Jedi Order is getting more likely all the time. These characters are perfectly aged to be force sensitives found in the years after ROTJ and now just coming into their full powers.

16. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Okay, I'm going to offer something up that might or might not be controversial.

We had many different species in the PT/OT, i.e. Twileks, etc.They looked basically human, with some obvious exceptions.

Is it possible that the Actors that are not white (how the heck do you say this neutrally?) are another species, complete with some sort of prosthetics? Remember Star Trek TNG sort of did that in the episode where Tasha had to fight a woman to the death?

Please don't flame me, I really like kittens and stuff.

17. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What's this? I'm away and Star Wars cast another. Is the news always going to happen when I'm away from the computer?

18. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    What color kittens do you like the most?:p

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone is having delusions of grandeur!

Rabs, Jedi Merkurian and mes520 like this.
  20. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014

I think its safe to assume that a lot of the people announced have parts that are a lot smaller than you think. Not everyone is a lead. I think its more likely that the film will be going to a myriad of locations, with all sorts of people around, but these new people will only be in a handful of scenes.

Immortiss likes this.
  21. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Oh I know. Who can forget the pilots of the Republic ship in the beginning of TPM.

"Sir!" 'Shields" KABOOM!

And then there's Annie's friends and the old lady who tells them they need to take cover.

But it would be interesting if Maisie is a Jedi and Crystal is a Sith and they are about to strike each other, stop, and say "hey, look at us! Twinsies!".

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I liked Watto as a bit character. That was a great role for Paul Giamatti.

Roger Goldleader likes this.
  23. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014

That's common, but it's a rather problematic and eurocentric trend.
    The truth is that anyone with unusual or extreme facial features is particularly good as a non-human (see: Ron Perlman), but we should be way past the point in America where just being black is seen as "exotic".
    When all or most humans are white, and all or most aliens are nonwhite, you risk creating a profoundly ugly racial allegory. That episode of TNG is famously and appallingly racist. Even the writers have disowned it.
    As my Perlman example shows, there's no good reason why actors playing aliens should be chosen by race, rather than their own unique physical qualities. There's a large enough talent pool and enough make-up and prosthetic expertise out there to make anyone look exotic without relying on the racial or cultural biases of a (hopefully) small portion of the audience.

I'd also note that Oola's death in RotJ is a fairly explicit criticism of this trope. It cuts immediately from the brutal killing of a black woman (in sexy alien slave makeup) to the audience hooting and shoveling down snack food as they're entertained by it. Lucas knew what he was doing there, and it was this trope he was targeting. Possibly my favorite of many metatextual moments in the OT.

24. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001

Point taken. Just threw it out there.

Abadacus likes this.
  25. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    Uh oh.

Revanfan1, Twwwon and Abadacus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.