main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Crystal Clarke in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Adi_Gallia_9, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Honestly just sick to death of the whole Lando being the only black character in star wars crap......as a kid I didn't give his skin colour a second thought 30 years later any character that's black has to be related to him...... Its like we reduced his whole character to race and nothing more

Rabs, Jedi Merkurian , TheBBP and 5 others like this.
  2. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    also to many beersies

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    We already know that? You do realize this is how rumors start?
    That is speculation based on a comment.

4. 100009223693258

100009223693258 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm of course in love with the idea that Crystal Clake and Pip Andersen are both young Jedi to go along with Finn, and perhaps Rey too. But that's obviously my own personal view of the movie.

Whatever they play, you would think Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen's role is of some significance since starwars.com deemed them worthy enough to mention. I don't think they would do that with blink-and-you'll-miss-'em characters. And so I would assume that they have speaking roles at the very least, and probably play someone of some minor importance to the story in some manner.

Naturally we'll see, but after Finn, Crystal Clarke (and Pip Andersen) are probably next in line in regards to who I'm most interested in who they are.

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the idea of them having meaty roles based on a casting announcement. I still remember the official announcements and hype around the casting of Oliver Ford Davies, Ralph Brown, and Dhruv Chanchani (even at the first table read!). They weren't "blink-and-you'll-miss-'em characters" but certainly very minor and ultimately pretty unmemorable. They could have been played by anyone. Kitster has even become sort of a joke among the fans because of it.

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Agreed, I can really picture a similar situation with TFA when comes to casting. Though star wars is admittedly well known for making relatively minor characters fan favorites somehow.

Though why was there hype for Dhruv Chanchani? As TPM is the only film he did, sorry if I'm missing something.

7. 100009223693258

100009223693258 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    Right.

And that's why I said, "...probably play someone of some minor importance to the story in some manner." :cool:

Anyway, I'm just happy that there's the possibility of another speaking role for a black actor/actress in Star Wars. Because there's been Panaka, Mace Windu, and Lando, and that's about it. And I guess you can throw in Darth Vader's voice too.

So the prospect of Crystal Clarke playing a role and actually speaking in the movie is interesting to me. And it doesn't matter to me if it's meaty or not. Beggars can't be choosers. I'm just interested in what's she's playing.

And if she's a Jedi, great, perfect. If she's just someone on Jakku, or in Maz Kanata's band of pirates or whatever, that's okay too.

And John Boyega's role will be big enough. But what Crystal Clarke is doing is also of interest; however small it may be.

8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    There was hype around anyone who was cast in the new Star Wars. It didn't matter how well-known they were or what they had done in the past. It was just something to share with fans because, like today, people were rabid for information about the first film of a new Star Wars trilogy. There was also a natural inclination for some people to believe Kitster was integral to the story since he was present at the first table read. People also made a big deal about Lucas' kids getting roles, very similar to the inclusion of Fisher's kid. Ultimately the Lucas children contributed very little. It was just a fun day at work with dad.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks. Yes your right that no matter what, you will get the spot light if your in a star wars film. Probably just haven't noticed because I haven't been looking at the smaller actors much on this forum.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

Is that Crystal in the background? It definitely looks like her hair.

11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    You haven't mentioned Lupita or Maisie, both of whom will have speaking roles. :)

Yes it will be interesting to see what Crystal and Pip bring to the table of course; the only clue we've had is that Pip might be playing a stormtrooper who dies near the beginning of the movie.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    is she korr sella? i can't remember.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No that's Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Interesting, that Crystal was officially announced, unlike MR-S, meaning that she probably will have a bigger role than a messenger, or whoever Kor Sella is. I think we can at least expect a speaking part.

15. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    She's also in this picture too. Ken Leung is just to the right of her in front. He's only about 5'7" but based on her height in the short film, Champagne, she's a really short. She's even wearing heels in that film and she's pretty small. So I would agree that it's her.

[​IMG]

She's probably Gliv. If she's related to Sondiv and Korr Sella, maybe Leia comforts her when the ship explodes. This could be a character that is meant to stick with Leia throughout the trilogy as some sort of assistant.

Or maybe like Korr Sella being Sondiv Sella's daughter, maybe Clarke is playing Lando's kid? The tragedy of Leia. Surrounding herself with other peoples kids but not her own.

16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Turns out she was the woman in that photo. The credits list her as Ensign Goode while the visual dictionary calls her Pamich Nerro. I was hoping with the story group that we wouldn't have another Lott Dod/Gilramos Libkath continuity issue again.

For that matter, the credits say Jessica Henwick is Jess Testor and not Jessika Pava.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The Testor/Pava thing was hand-waved as "Testor" being her nickname. The Pamich Nerro/Ensign Goode thing might be a little harder to do that with, but that's probably the way they'll go with it so as to avoid another Dod/Libkath issue.

HL&S likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.