main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Crystal Crisis- Unaired Utapau arc (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2014.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

TCW: "I'm not dead yet."

Yes, you read that right- we have four new episodes... but only as unfinished animations. Still, they are available to watch on the main site here- http://www.starwars.com/video/star-wars-the-clone-wars-story-reel-a-death-on-utapau, as well as some concept art here.

These are just like any other episode in that 1) they are canon and 2) they are fully voiced.* I know besides a few rumors earlier this week this is virtually out of the blue, so for now use this thread as the general discussion thread for the episodes.

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I really don't know how to feel about this.

On the one hand I can listen to Obi-Wan and Anakin on a buddy trip. On the other hand watching it will just make me sad that I'm not seeing it fully animated.

Jedi Knight Bane, FRAGWAGON and Zer0 like this.
  3. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Same here. Still though, I'd much rather have these released in an unfinished state than never released at all. Plus it's nice knowing that these events are canon.

4. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Same, but...I can't actually bring myself to watch it yet.

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They seriously went to Utapau? Seriously?
    Didn't the one guy in ROTS say "There is no war here unless you brought it with you?"

Jedi Knight Bane, TaradosGon and TKT like this.
  6. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    The opening narrator thing for the first episode of this makes explicit mention that Utapau is a neutral planet.

7. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I haven't finished the arc yet so I don't know, but it's possible they believe they've gotten rid of the Separatists on Utapau, when in actuality they set up their base here afterwards. Hiding in a place the Republic believes they've just gotten rid of you from may not be an extremely bad idea.

Darkslayer and Jedi Knight Bane like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So no battle? Haven't had time to watch them yet. They shouldn't spoil ROTS planets for the PT heroes. Just like Mustafar in the Holocron episodes from Season 2.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    well this is great and I know some sites are going to explode about this. I don't care that they are unfinished animation The clone wars are back a bit so ya.

Sgt Crowfield and thejeditraitor like this.
  10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    From what I can tell, this isn't a big battle arc. This is an "Obi-Wan/Anakin buddy mission" arc.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That does make sense but still wary about it.

12. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I just finished the first two Utapau episodes, and I really enjoyed them. However, the third episode doesn't seem to be up? Both "Crystal Crisis" and "The Big Bang" lead to the same video, which appears to be the final episode of the arc.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder why they did not show the Bounty hunter arc. unless... its finished

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    many its only a three parter.

15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Maybe I'll just not look at it, and listen to it like it's a radio drama. Maybe that will keep me from getting sad over it.

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

No, it's a four parter for sure. Footage in the newsreel of the fourth episode shows stuff we haven't seen at all yet, so it seems the fourth episode was accidentally uploaded twice, in place of the third episode.

17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Holy crap. I just noticed.

Obi-Wan and Anakin look exactly like they do in ROTS. Obi-Wan's gauntlets are gone, and Anakin's hair is longer.

pronker and Jedi Knight Bane like this.
  18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Yep! I wonder how long this takes place before RotS? Probably less than a year or so.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I like to think that Padme was like one week pregnant in the Clovis arc.

OH DAMN ANAKIN'S GOING APE ON SOME TOYDARIAN!

"I know Toydarians. Nothing goes on under their watch without them noticing!"

God damn, Anakin. That's both sad and terrifying.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This ARC deffinetly takes place somewhere in 19BBY.

21. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Gah! I have to finish work first before watching.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Argh, yeah, just the three episodes. Still, I just watched the first two and enjoyed them a lot. They got freaking James Hong in this! :D Also cool that they finally used the Amani after leaving them out of that two-parter way back in season 1.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I like how the clone wars just can't quite and the team obviously listens to us meaning the fans.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  24. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Well, the third episode still hasn't been uploaded yet. Hopefully they realize it soon and put it up there; I'm eager to finish this arc.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This just made me realize that spoiler tags are now relevant to TCW because of this arc.

I actual semi cried when this was first published because it meant more TCW.

whostheBossk and Cevan like this.