main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Crystal Crisis- Unaired Utapau arc (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well in the expanded universe Yavin had been discovered thousands of years before a new hope.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    but was forgotten during those thousands of years

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Oh ok I see were your coming from.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    I'd like to know more too..

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I hope in a book or something they flesh it out more.

No one on wookipidia has made a page about it so if you want you can.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I just finished watching the Utapau arc and it was excellent. Classic Clone Wars fun and action with some GREAT Anakin/Obi-Wan banter and interaction. Finally discussing Ahsoka leaving the Order was nice and we get a sense of the bigger picture between the Jedi and Sith. You can see they were definitely moving closer to the beginning of ROTS. General Grievious was used well here and very cool to have James Hong of Blade Runner fame as a voice.

Good to see Clone Wars still works even in a cruder animated form. I just wish they would let Filoni and company eventually finish it and continue to do direct-to-Blu-ray Clone Wars films.

Though Ankain and Obi-Wan "ice-skating" away from danger was pretty funny to see.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was pretty funny to see them like skate away instead of walk.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, yeah, my sons were commenting on that. [face_laugh].

Even my youngest who has not taken interest in Star Wars in a long time, watched this arc with his brother and me.

That's how good this arc was.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

This arc was a master piece of story telling and writing.

10. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    That explosion though...and yet ANOTHER Grievous defeat at the hands of Skywalker and Kenobi. You'd think Dooku would have fired him at this point. Actually, Dooku should have fired Grievous and hired Maul. :D

Jedi Knight Bane, JediFan215 and V-2 like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Sadly I don't think that would have worked all though Maul would have been better at it.

12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    How could they not animate this?

Spectacular. Absolutely spectacular.

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Alright, for the time being I'm just going to set the Complete the Crystal Change.org letter email to Bob Iger, however if there's anyone I should set it to instead that's more likely to look at it and possibly even respond, please be sure to tell me (would Kathleen Kennedy be any better?).

I'll write up the actual letter tonight or tomorrow, and then I'll get to work on spreading Complete the Crystal around.

14. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Kathleen Kennedy would probably be a good idea.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This episode despite the animatic was amazing and I wish they had animated it. They have to release this on blue ray with the season 6 arc. Hopefully they have more surprises before on the blue ray release and not give us the standard version

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Alright, I may add her as well. Does she have an actual email, or is it just a public LucasFilm one that anyone who works there uses?

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Someone will have to ask Filoni about it. By the way, is anyone here a wookieepedia editor?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyone can edit wookipidia.

19. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Good luck! I'd do anything to have this animated.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And who knows we might convince them to give us some scripts or bountys arc.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Perhaps in the future they'll give us a little bit more if enough web hits come from these episodes, they sell some DVDs, get more people watching Rebels. This might be a good case for disabling the adblockers and clicking any ads on there on purpose.

This really is a testament to how awesome an action cartoon TCW was. TCW's animation was second to none on TV in my opinion. But with the animation taken away its still so enjoyable. These episodes retain TCW's rewatchability where each time I get a little bit more from them. I need to stack these with 'Slaves of the Republic' and the 'Fugitive Arc' into a larger arc to fully appreciate where all the story strands connect. These would also be fun to watch stacked with the Rako Hardeen arc and possibly the Maul on Mandalore arc. I need to get my old post connecting all the dots off the backburner and revise it. And that was one of the best things about this show.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Good to know.

Anyway, the existence of a "Yavin Code" during the Clone Wars makes me wonder what Yavin's history is in the new canon. Is the temple Sith-built like in legends or not?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think this yavin code has been around at least since the last time the sith attacked because obi one says its thousands of years old.

24. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Given that it's "a thousand years old" there's quite a bit we can infer. Likely the Yavin Convention was held in the aftermath of the last full-scale war, the one that led to the extinction of the Sith and the formation of the Galactic Republic. It's presumably still a binding legal code, even if somewhat obscure to those who aren't history nerds like Obi-Wan, so I would guess the convention was held either in concert with, or shortly after, the (current) Republic's founding.

This is interesting in light of the fact that the Republic has no standing army: Who are the other signatory governments? The Hutts? The Mandalorians? The League of Neutral Systems? Or is this an internal code, invoked in the advent of armed conflict between Republic member worlds? After all in many ways, before the consolidation of executive power during the Clone Wars, the Senate almost acts more like the UN than, say, the U.S. Federal government. Its representatives are appointed rather than elected, and its members must obey certain laws but are otherwise largely autonomous.

I've been having a lot of fun piecing together the history of the canonical, post-Legends universe. It's very different than the EU I grew up with.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This arc is perfect and should have made it with the other Season Six episodes. I had time to see it a couple of times and see how it affects me.

Ever since the series started I wanted to revisit all the ROTS locations. For over kinda six seasons I did have the pleasure to have that XP and see the ROTS planets once or twice more like Cato Neimoidia, Saleucami, Felucia. The only planet that did not get a proper introduction in the show was Mygeeto. It would have been so much better to have Mygeeto in the Clovis arc and not the silly-souding Scipio.

So happy that show indeed had plans to go to Utapau and Kashyyyk.

Like many other TCW arcs, this arc shows how much Lucas love murder mysteries these days. If he had not made Star Wars then I bet he would have been an episodic director of all the CSI and murder series on TV.

Seeing Utapau and all the ROTS references about that planet just made me smile so much. It would have been nice to introduce the viewership of The Clone Wars to the Pau'an race before meeting the Inquisitior IMO...

[​IMG]

The dialogue and all the scenes (funny and/or emotional) between Anakin and Obi-Wan was something we needed to see more of in the series as a whole. This arc and Clovis arc were more important to see on screen than the Jar Jar arc of Season Six or the Bounty Hunters arc of Season Four.

This arc really showed how well Anakin and Obi-Wan work together as a team. We needed to see more of that in the show. I am usually one to hate on Anakin if he is a bit too much in an arc like he was in the Mon Calamari arc, but here like in the Season Five finale Anakin was perfect. I loved some of the lines he spoke. Great performances from Matt Lanter and James Arnold Taylor!

My favorite part, of course, was the Separatist awesomeness and... GRIEVOUS!!!! Wow!

[​IMG]

The way Grievous executes Endente and governor Blom, everything Grievous says during those scenes ... wow... that just sent chills down my spine. Just the way these scenes were done... WOW!!!!! I needed to see more Grievous scenes like that...

YAHOOO! Grievous's starfighter is back! That was so nice to see... I missed his vehicle! Like in the good ol' days

That final scene of the arc with Yoda talking about the Ultimate weapons of the past and the Death Star foreshadowing was so awesome... for some reason when Yoda talking about Ultimate weapons from days of Jedi vs Sith, I instantly saw in my mind the Star Forge...

The only thing I found strange, but it is something has been a trend in the show since the start. It tells stories that are located on a planet that already has a local population, but the story itself is more about a species or people that are transplanted to this planet for no reason. We have seen that on Maridun with the Lurmen, we have seen that on Dathomir with Zabraks and now we see it with the Amani on Utapau.
    I do not know, but I always found it strange.

Overall, I would have gladly sacrificed the Jar Jar arc and part of the Order 66 arc for this one to get finished to perfection. It had so much to offer, it was fun and was a pure Star Wars adventure... I loved it!

Score I give to this arc: 10/10