main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Crystal Crisis- Unaired Utapau arc (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2014.

1. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    That clone wars microseries clip my goodness, I so loved the CIS so much before TCW.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So, again, Yoda becomes aware the "Dark Sith Lord" might be plotting to take over the galaxy but acts completely surprised in RoTS.

3. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I finally watched the other three episodes of the arc to complete my viewing and yeah, I think it was really, really good and so very enjoyable. The whole plot centered around the kyber crystal was great and fun story, it had some very good action (like the several chases and Anakin wielding a pair of blasters against the Sugi warriors which was pretty cool), solid voicework and a big does of humor that definitely worked, such as the banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin which was great (the levels of sarcasm and snark was through the roof). There was also some other nice scenes, like the already discussed fireplace scene which tied in nicely with the events of the S5 finale (however, it felt a bit wierd to suddenly bring that topic into the mix), and there was also some other good aspects, like James Hong's short-statured arms dealer who was a new character I liked (it was probably was just me, but I kinda felt bad for him when Grievous took care of him). Speaking of Grievious, I really liked that he was quite a threat here and had some good moments, like not messing around and rather easily defeating Obi-Wan.

Overall, it was a very entertaining arc that kept a good pace and did most things well, like the character interactions and the action scenes (the unfinished animation wasn't such a bother since everything else was pulled off so well). If this will be the last we have seen of TCW on screen, then I think it's a really good way of finishing it all (but that doesn't stop me from hoping we'll get to see more).

JediFan215 likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Seems like kyber crystals can used for a lot things; lightsabers, holocrons, and now super lasers. Maybe Blasters, too? Whatever the case, it's made apparent that the giant crystal was special since it could absorb and redirect increased energy twice its original power.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

Don't say that yet because now that the show is official canon there is no stopping Disney of telling canon stories around, over, and under the time period that shows sepoy victories. The other stuff has been erased no longer canon so technically we only have the shows and movies. There is an open mind field in this era now.....

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I finally watched these in order. It's funny, even though I knew it was coming, Anakin's offhand reference to Ahsoka still caught me way off guard. Talk about whiplash; things had been pretty light and zany right up that very moment, and then bam, right in the feels.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The arc just goes to show why TCW was so important in expanding the saga. Rebels has a tough act to follow

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Got to agree with you, but man so far Rebels is off to a good start. Way better than TCW

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This was such a fun arc, even in unfinished form. Clone Wars had so many diverse stories that it's a shame to realize that we actually haven't gotten many solo Anakin & Obi-Wan quip-fest quests, which is kind of what you thought the show would be when it was first announced. And holy cats was this funny! "Oops! I broke it!" one of possibly my favouriest lines Anakin has in the entire series. Also I loved Anakin's complaining to the goons "My FRIEND and I were discussing escaping in front of you!!" It still kinda rocked even in unfinished animation (the part I really wish had be fully done was anakin taking out a room full of droids with a blaster). And James Hong as the guest voice, Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China! He's awesome in everything and was great here. And with this and Son of Dathomir, it's nice to see in the later eps of Clone Wars the crew decided to make Grevious a bit more menacing. The way he bumped off the little smuggler dude was pretty hardcore.

I was actually kind of able to get into the unfinished animation in a few spots, it actually kind of reminded me of the 90s computer animated series "Reboot", and honestly the visual quality wasn't all that different, notwithstanding a few dangling limbs.

Really fun set of episodes, and just when I thought clone wars was done they had one more in 'em, and it was a great one.

[Removed]

10. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    This episode had me thinking that this crystal was some how the power source of the Death Star as it was under construction. Does anyone else have information to verify this?

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I do not have any information to support that theory, nor do I think there is anything in Canon that would support the theory that a Crystal like that, or the same one, was used to power the Death Star.

That being said, I think the episode, even in unfinished form, heavily leans on the idea that the Crystal in the arc is used to power the Death Star Superlazer. Hell, I betcha in an alternate universe where this was finished, it flat-out made the VP-POWWWWWW Death Star superlazer noise. The finished animation of the Crystal Blast would have probably looked like the Death Star Superlazer cuz it sure as hell looks like it now.

Headcanon retcon: the crystal was not destroyed. It just made a Big Bang. It's still there, was retrieved by the Separatists, and used as the core primary component of the Death Star Superlazer.

12. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It's heavily implied that a crystal just like this was used to power the Death Star. When the crystal is destroyed, the explosion is quite similar to the Death Star's explosion as well.

It's evident there are more of these crystals out there, so Sidious was able to retrieve a couple more of them at some point.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I would not say its better at the same level yes but not better that may just be nostalgia.

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Well...it's off to a better start in terms of how dark it can get. Plus the Rebels movie wasn't as bad as the Clone Wars one. No offense to people who actually liked that.

V-2 likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I feel like I am the only person on the forum who likes it.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Rebels or the Clone Wars? Because there are plenty of people on here who love both.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Talking about the clone wars movie.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Oh, okay. Well, I like it when I was younger. But it just gathers dust on my shelf now. * Shrugs*

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Then again I liked the prequels when all my friends thought it was the worst movies they ever saw but ya.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I didn't mind the Prequels. But I saw the OT first so that holds a special place in my heart.

Seriously though. We should get back on topic.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes we should.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Death Star = giant lightsaber. Pretty much.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It makes Obi-Wan's "civilized age" speech quite ironic.

24. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Does anyone have the link to that video on tumblr where someone animated the campfire scene? I'm planning to actually devote time to Complete the Crystal and I'd like to tweet out a link to that.

25. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Cevan likes this.