main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crystal Reef Palace Auditorium (CRPA) - Jacen/Tenel Ka Index & Resource Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CRPA_Index, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I always write J/TK as having a big family as well. I doubt either of them wish to raise an only child ... for both practical and emotional reasons. I can see them having 4-5 kids of their own, plus adopting a few kids that don't have a loving family.

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah I definitely see that, both because they need more than one heir and because TK didn't like being the sole eligible ruler with her fleet pointed at the common enemies and not the people.

3. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Plus the fact that I'm betting they both just like kids.

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Heck, in the YJK, Jacen pretty much was a big kid. I always saw him carrying a bit of that into adulthood... before Del Rey, that is.

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I bet that with no Swarm War Jacen would just love to play with kids, even if Allana decides to dress him up for a tea party.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    LOL. I wrote Tenel Ka having a tea perty with an OC daughter one time. Very cute.

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Ya know the next time we get a challenge here, whenever that would be, we should require Jacen to wear a dress.

8. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Agreed. We need some family fluff for our favorite pairing ...

9. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Jacen in a dress at a tea party! What a Kodak moment!

10. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    I think he's still pretty much the same person as with YJK. The difference is only maturity. And in any case, the face he's going to show mind controlling bugs, or traitors, is never going to be the same face he shows Allana. Around her, he'll be the closest to his teenage self as possible, until she is older.

11. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    I would say that all the stuff he's been through is going to make him a better father. When you get back from war, you want nothing to do with any violence. When I got back, I spent a month hanging with my brothers and playing with my sisters. To a war vet, the purity and innocence of a child is a sacred thing. For a lot of the guys who are back home, their kids are their life. They may be contaminated by war, but their kids will never be. It gives you a purpose in life you feel you miss after leaving service. That is what I think Jacen is really missing in cannon. Canon Jacen shows all those signs.

I mean, he become's one with the force and doesn't die. How is he going to top that?

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I mean, he become's one with the force and doesn't die. How is he going to top that?

My thoughts exactly.

I'm wondering, how many of you have written at least one fic that has no regard for/overturns the matriarchal traditions of either Hapes or Dathomir?

13. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    In To Protect an Innocent I did, though they had to flee from Hapes, so maybe it doesn't count.

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah it does. I'm just curious. I've posted this in the Allana thread, but I'm posting here for those who don't keep eagle eyes on that index (though it's neat).

15. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    That just screams Anakin Skywalker, Sil. This is just ... wrong. This sounds like the frickin' prequels moved up a couple generations, compacted into a briefer in-universe period, overworked, given a half-baked McEwok spin, and then spit out onto a page. I've seen better stuff get snubbed at the awards.

And y'know killing Anakin the Younger over confusion issues and having Jacen take his place actually makes sense now - the only difference in character would've been the last name. Arrgh!! :mad:

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Urge to kill, rising...

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Del Rey said they wanted to go in a fresh direction, butall it is is a damned prequel rehash! Not to mention that they've completed the screwover of Jacen's character.

Remind me to be glad I'm boycotting SW products...

17. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    lol - I'm gonna finish out the prequel novels and do the same.

18. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    This is annoying, when they started the "there is no darkside" I was elated, it meant that the characters had to accept that evil actions happen because they choose to be evil, not asscribing these actions to an elusive and pervasive darkside, which they cannot even define. It meant that the individual Jedi was accountable for his own actions.
    But Now we find out that Vergere is in fact a Sith, and her teachings are a path to the Dark Side. THe writers apparantly have forgotten what Obi-Wan said in ROTS "Only Sith deal in absolutes" Which proves that simple Dark and Light sides of the force are not accurate.

19. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    As far as I'm concerned, this continuity after DN3 does not exist. As a big Allana supporter, I can't really make the DN3 go away, but I can write fic that fixes the problems and has Tenel Ka getting out of the Hapes mess somehow and Jacen realizing "Hey! I'm on the path to the Dark Side, and it stinks!" I henceforth will be treating Star Wars post-DN3 canon the way I treat the Dune prequels: as fanfiction that differs only from stuff I might find here or at fanfiction.net in the fact that Del Rey has given it the okay.

I DESPISED Dune: House Atreides (book 1 of the first Dune prequel trilogy) until I convinced myself that it was just fanfic, albeit with the OK from the publisher, and then I was able to enjoy the trilogy. And I suspect that's how I'm going to get through LotF. "You know, this isn't bad. In fact, there are a few parts where I'd almost swear it was the real thing."

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    As far as I'm concerned, the continuity post Crisis at Crystal Reef does not exist.

Valley_Lord, there's an external Dark Side. Remember the cave at Dagobah? Vergere was an insane nutjob who had suffered Stockholm Syndrome. Although you're right. You do have to take responsibility when you fall.

21. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    If you notice, the cave was about facing yourself, your inner demons, the demon within so to speak. The 'Dark Side' is an excuse for the Jedi to explain inexcusable actions by projecting actions they knew were wrong on an abstract external force. With the Dark Side there is no accountability for their actions. Several Jedi have gotten away with 'flirtations with the Dark side' by simple repentance. Mass murder cannot be forgiven so readily.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Korriban, the Moon of Dxun. Yoda says there's a Dark Side, and I trust him and Kenobi a lot more than Vergere and NJO/DN Jacen.

You have to decide to walk the path, yes, but once there, the 'chip on the shoulder' becomes a boulder.

23. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Yoda alos forbade mutaul pairings(marriage) and possesions, he was also nine hundred years old. No matter what happened in any event of a Star Wars novel or movie. Characters choose to be what they are, not by the dictates of two opposing mystical factions. Force Sensitivety does not make them more or less inclined to commit crimes, have psychological problems or make them a better person. Treating them different than any one else is wrong, they are just as subject to law, and may make them more likely to commit crimes. Was there any reprecussions on Jaina for falling to the Dark Side? NO, as result she betrays the Order. With Kyp my case is more apparent. Luke Skywalker takes him of death row, and he rewards Luke by repeatedly betraying and bellitling his direct superior. The Jedi don't need special codes to govern their lives, all they need is common Law

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Despite that I'm a Sith freak, I'm going to ignore LOTF in a good lot of my fanfics, especially the stuff that I already started but haven't posted. Ironically, I think that LOTF could apply to and explain at least one of my already-posted Allana fics. As for Dune, I see parallels between DN TK and Lady Jessica.

25. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    You must mean Dune alone, because in Children of Dune She actively betrays and plots the death of her daughter Allia, and conspires against her grandchildren(whose names I have forgotten.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.