main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Crystal Tiara (Anakin/Padme, AU, EP3, psycho angst; PG-13) Bingo! New post - 8/19!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001

All work and no play makes Am a dull Star Wars/fanfiction writer? ;)

So, I?ve decided to improve upon that judgement by revealing my latest Anakin/Padme story. Just to fill in these introduction notes with something I thought I might explain how this idea came to be. At first, I was lurking (*cue gasp*) in a thread of Meredith_B_Mallory and her fabulous work. She inspired me, along with the help of a few others, to spawn this evil tale. In turn, I asked KnightWriter to become my latest beta-reader, and thankfully for me, he kindly accepted. To finish it off, Mar gave me the thread?s subject line and AQ aided me with the chilling summary. Also, I haven?t forgotten everybody who helped me on the side. You know who you are?

In any case, I have high hopes for the story. Because of that I?ve decided to update quite frequently or whenever I can. Now I present both the summary and first chapter. Enjoy!

In the darkest tunnel, there is light. But in the brightest places, can darkness be found? Within a little Universe, something will occur that will shock the lives of everyone, and lead Padme Skywalker on the path to ruin. See through the eyes of a senator, a wife, and a mother what happens when destiny leads you astray and when voices, plague your every thought.

Read, if you dare.

. * .

The day we give up on democracy is the day we lose it.

If the Republic were to fall today, it would be the fault of this so-called ?democracy? and the system that it runs on. I?ve always found the Senate a hive of dirt and scum, hidden beneath the treasures of greed and riches. Some people never changed, with their aggressive nature and pockets brimming with credits. They believed they were the Force?s gift to the Galaxy, or the equivalent of that.

Why is it politicians never have anything intelligent to say, apart from the empty babble they preach and downright bitterness amongst each other. It almost makes me criticize my occupation, or wonder what possessed me to get involved in the first place. I was a simple girl from the small planet of Naboo, not a leader, not a ruler, and certainly not what I assumed to be.

My place wasn?t here; rather it was with my people or my husband. I was bound to duty by an elastic band, fighting to make a change. The heroes of the past were forgotten and the wisdom of the prophets leads no one. If anybody still cared in this cold, wide universe, I?d like to meet them. In my experience, nothing worked out as planned, and nothing functioned like it should.

As Anakin would say, I was pawn in a game of chess with no rules and no regions to play within. When did this game end? I don?t know. It was more a matter of timing, whether to object here or stay silent there. In the past few years I?d become quite skilled at that, knowing when a piece of information could get me in hot water. Luckily, a fair sprinkling of absence left me sane from Senate?s meetings.

Anakin knew when I was treading dangerously close to oblivion, booking a journey back to Naboo, combined with a peaceful and quaint retreat into the mountains. Our marriage had progressed beyond love, even in such a short period of two years. I felt as if our hearts beat as one, while our souls danced a collaboration of adoration and tenderness, composed by feelings of our heart, not our head. I suppose that?s why I fell in love. Anakin has an intense desire to really make a difference and to do it through kindness, to break the mould of a Jedi.

That?s what separates him and me; he is more creative and willing to follow through, while I am compassionate but unprepared. He?s a Jedi and I?m a Senator, an unlikely couple, at odds with feelings. We were trying to avoid love, to focus on our mandate, but it was then we realised what had blinded us for years on end. That?s not to say I hadn?t known about Anakin?s ten-year-old crush, he was brutally honest with that.

In retrospect, we should have kept in touch and been there for each other. Obi-Wan called us fools; however he was always one for irony. T

2. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    OMG!!!!!!!!! PADME!!!!!!! Nooooo! ::AQ bursts into tears::

Am! Wonderful job! I'm sitting her crying my eyes out! The twins! Oh my...

Perfect in whatever you write, as always! Love it much! Keep up the awesome work!

AQ

3. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Lovely story, Am! This is one of your finest yet, you've conveyed everything with such grace and ease! Absolutely wonderful! :)

4. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Wow! Great start to this one. I can't wait for more!

Just two things to ask though:

1. Is this AU?
    I suppose it is sincec Bail gets killed.

2. Just a comment on bleeding from the blaster bolts.
    Is the bleeding for the dramatic effect? I agree that your story does work better with the blood from that perspective. However since blaster's don't cause bleeding in SW, perhaps you should have them use some other weapon (for continuity and consistency with the SW Universe).

As for a suggestion on a different weapon to use, you could try:
    Golan Arms Flechette (it's like a shotgun in the SW universe - from Jedi Knight II)

Anyways, that's just a really minor point. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next post :D

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's off to a great start :).

6. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    WEOWZER YEOWZER!!!!

My word, this deserves a mini-essay if anything does - I'll work on that the next time I log onto the Net, just in a dash now, but YOU WILL GET what this story so DEFINITELY deserves - my word, I love it!!!

More soon!

7. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
    Yet another interesting story, Am. Double_Sting's point is correct; blasters cauterize as they burn, so no blood.

But besides this minor quibble, great job!

8. Kendra_Skywalker

Kendra_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Oh.....My.....Gosh:eek:

Not Lukie and Leia! And Bail! :( I LOVE THEM!

That was......I am at a loss for words! Wonderful Awesome Fantastic story Am!! Please write more soon :)

With Smiles,
    Kendie;)

9. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    [face_shocked] I think it would be appropriate to say, The saga begins... again! Great start Am! Padme's thoughts and feelings for Anakin, right on! I'm also assuming this is AU, since Corde is still in Padme's service.

More soon? :D

*SB*

10. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The intro catches our attention - "The day we give up on democracy is the day we lose it." In this Galaxy, we know what's to come, but as a side-issue a lot of the western world seems to be 'giving up' on democracy - in the UK, voter turnout at elections are an all-time low. Due to loathing politics, we're giving up our democratic right to have a voice. Anyway!

Beautiful to hear Padme's thoughts on the Republic Senate; you know I like a political twist, especally when that political twist is an assessment of pety politicking! I also happen to know you like writing that! The Force's gift to the galaxy, or the equivalent of that - heh, nice!

Why is it politicians never have anything intelligent to say? Hmm, because they're politicians? ;) One point; Padme just DID criticise her own occupation there!

"My place wasn?t here; rather it was with my people or my husband. I was bound to duty by an elastic band, fighting to make a change." Beautiful. What's also right is referring to how the Rep's lost its roots - the heroes of yesterday forgotten, the wisdom of the prophets seems a dead end... Again, pardon my taking the metaphor, but very often the western world forgets the past - and its lessons and values - in the name of 'development'. "If anybody still cared in this cold, wide universe, I?d like to meet them." - You're in lov with one of them, Padme! ;)

OHO!!! So they have Chess in the SW Galaxy! Oh good! And Anakin likes it - great! I think I'd like it in the SW Galaxy after all - without chess, it'd be unbearable dull! "When did this game end? I don?t know." When a final checkmate happens - when either black or white emerges totally victorious. Question with a game of chess is identifying which piece is on which side - HINT: PADME, WATCH PALPATINE!!! The idea of timing - holding back potential moves on purpose - is a good point, one I use a lot.

"Anakin knew when I was treading dangerously close to oblivion, booking a journey back to Naboo, combined with a peaceful and quaint retreat into the mountains. Our marriage had progressed beyond love, even in such a short period of two years. I felt as if our hearts beat as one, while our souls danced a collaboration of adoration and tenderness, composed by feelings of our heart, not our head. I suppose that?s why I fell in love. Anakin has an intense desire to really make a difference and to do it through kindness, to break the mould of a Jedi." Beautifully phrased!

So, the portrait of Anakin is that he's more creative and willing to follow through; she's compassionate but unprepared. Interesting. "He?s a Jedi and I?m a Senator, an unlikely couple, at odds with feelings." "That?s not to say I hadn?t known about Anakin?s ten-year-old crush, he was brutally honest with that." LOL - "I'm going to marry you."; "Are you an angel?" LOL!

Beutiful picture of Padme's thoughts for her children.

"If I had my husband and my children, I had everything I would ever need." And, of coure, we know the path of history - she ends with neither. Talk about tragedy. Otoh, this is an AU I guess..!

I see the Senate's as unruly and nonsensical as ever... Verbal riots, I like that! Thrusting a body part - most likely a finger - heheh!

As an aside, you love writing handmaidens, don't you? ;)

Cordre is well-written, methinks, reminding me of Winter.

"I will try not to imagine how irritating his voice is." - Am, most politician's voices are irritating!

"Palpatine finally cleared his throat, scrunching his brow to scrutinise various senators. The wrinkles that followed only declared his old age, and need for a new chancellor; a powerful chancellor. I had been half-expecting him to call a meeting to attendance to discuss that precise matter. Nobody lived forever, no matter what they tried." Interesting description of Palpy here...

Aaargh! Jar-Jar in the Sente again! Oh no!

?Chancellor, senators, I sympathise with the Gungan senator and bow down to his plea. All voices must be heard in accordance to the Act of A

11. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Oh Amsie *sniffle*. Poor Padmé, she's not gonna lose the twins is she?

Great start this ought to be interesting.

Hannah

12. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    :eek: No! Padme! Please don't lose the twins! :_|

:( <--- sad face for Bail, too.

Great start Am, love the 1st person, you've done a wonderful job ;)

13. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I like! Good suspense!

14. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Amses, I shall be utterly perturbed at you if Padme' loses Luke and Leia. :)

15. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    AQ ? Thanks! I knew you er, like it. I loved torturing you mercilessly last night, but it was for a very good reason. I hope you enjoy this little piece of angst and drama.

Arna ? Wow. Didn?t expect you to pop in, but it is a warm surprise. Thanks. I?d like to think this was one of my best.

D_S ? Thank you! Oops, I never thought of that as I?m not really a weapons expert. I owe you one for pointing that out and weapons advice. Yup, this is indeed AU. I would have mentioned that in the title but didn?t want to pile everything in there.

Josh ? Thank you, my beta.

Hero boy ? Oh, I like your profile, btw. Thank you. Mini-essay, eh? Well, I?m hoping to drag Katsy in here and you?ll have a companion. Now didn?t I say you?d like this?

Samuel ? Thanks for peeking in. I hope you?ll stay with me. Next time I should get some weapons pro to instruct me.

Kendie - *grin* Another devoted fan. Thank you. I was very undecided when writing that chapter, but I had to push myself to kill characters.

Star ? Indeed it would do! This time around you?re actually going to get the romance I know you all want. Yes, this is AU, and will venture into the reaches of insanity. Glad to see you onboard.

Hero Boy ? What can I say? He?s back! That Queen Jamilla line was always a favourite of mine, and you know how wrapped up I am with politics. One day I?m going to create a fic circling around that particular subject. I didn?t want to bore people too long with my debate about why politicians should be chucked out of office. Chess? Hmm, now when did I mention that? Is that assumption I hear, hero boy? Handmaidens are bodyguards, loyal, sufferers, and I can randomly throw them in front of any weapons. You know how much trouble I had with that Jar-Jar. Oh, I notice you didn?t mention the last line. A credit for your thoughts, dear sir?

Hannah ? You?ll just have to wait and see, my friend. Interesting?boy yes. Thanks!

Jayen ? Poor twins, poor Padme, poor Bail = happy Am. Thanks. You know I was a little bit nervous about writing 1st person, since I have only done it once before.

Fruity ? Thanks! I try!

Emmi ? A bigger vocabulary now. Ooh, I bet I?ll suffer. Thanks!

Post tonight or tomorrow. Still looking for the rest of the ?crew? to turn up and a few newbies.

Am [face_love]

16. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    You've only done 1st person once before? [face_shocked] Let me just say it suits you very well! If I were to put this on the A/A Databank thread, would I be correct in assuming you wouldn't want it linked to the website?

More soon? :D All right!

*SB*

17. AASkywalker

AASkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    *stares at J_K_DART's mini-essay*

YOU CALL THAT MINI!?!?!?!? Sheesh, what am i supposed to say after that? Just Joking Dart..... ;)

Oooh, i am liking this Am!! Different, yet suspenseful. We all need some psycho angst from time to time. Some parts, shivers ran down my spine. Love the 1st person, you have nailed so well. PLEASE PLEASE, let's not have Padme lose the twins, you have already killed Bail. *crying* I can only handle ONE DEATH AT A TIME...Great Start, i can wait to see what happens and alas, the torture begins again for me *shakes her head*

Can't wait for the next part...

Hugs
    Micha ;)

18. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    oh! poor Bail and the handmaidens! don't let Padme or the twins or them die please!

Great story. It can be summed up in 1 word: MORE!

19. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Wow,I'm incredibly impressed! Please write more soon-- I like the thought of the twins 'interfering' with Padme's business. :D

_Meredith

20. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    uppers for Amses!

21. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
  22. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Great story! More! :)

23. Raye

Raye Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh wow! That was fantastic! I never thought I?d be so interested in A/A but you seem to drag me into the level of obsession! Well done. Hope to see more out soon.

24. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Star ? You flatter me, you really do. Thanks for putting CT up on one of the greatest databank sites I?ve ever seen.

Micha ? There you are. This would be about the time you boost my terribly big ego, Big Darth Sis. Thanks. I don?t believe this idea has been done before, hopefully not. Well, you haven?t had a kiss scene from me for ages, guess I should provide one now. Only one death? Hmm... *checks story plan* Relatively safe.

Jedi_Knight_Satine ? Welcome. Thanks! Just follow down and you?ll find a lot more. Hope you enjoy.

Meredith ? I?m honoured to have you here. Incredibly impressed? Thank you. Sweet moment. I wonder if you have a soft spot for romance.

Emmi ? Thanks! Amses needs it. New post!

a_g ? Another one of my favourite authors here. Thanks!

Raye ? Thank you. I?m delighted I?m fuelling that obsession; after all we all need some fantasy in our lives. May I drag you up there again?

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen. Oh, just to mention, this is a flashback. Thanks to Josh.

. * .

No matter what season we visited in, Naboo was remarkable. There was something about this planet that sparked a twinkle in my husband?s eye and fed his irresistible chuckles. If he wasn?t beside me, breathing and nibbling on my ear, he was watching the sunset and what lay beyond my length of sight.

Vivid colours of golden and pearl swirled in one massive circle, which in turn dashed across the sky, dancing on the winds of triumph. The clouds were puffs of transparent chocolate, and sundown was a coat of yellow honey, mesmerizing to the eye. Below all this, lands of forest green skipped over gigantic hillsides, with flowers dotting the pattern. There was never any sign of civilisation, no indication that we were anywhere but a world of bliss, a far cry from our hectic lives. We?d have to return in less than week though, but neither of us wished to admit that for now.

The atmosphere was scented with just a hint of strawberry perfume and the musky cologne of Anakin?s choice. He made an intoxicating mixture when flowers joined in this embrace of aroma. If I?d been able to predict what effect this had on my senses, I would have stepped out of the breeze. However, I was attached to it now, my hands grasping at the stone balcony railings. Everything in nature was beautiful, only intensified here, more blinding, more colourful.

It was the most magnificent landscape I?d ever witnessed.

With each day, it was changing, developing into a dazzling onslaught of colour that another generation could experience. That?s why I?ve fought so hard for Naboo to keep its ways, to not expand cities and destroy forests. More than three quarters of my homeworld is trees, flora, fauna and inhabited by wildlife. When the time came for Naboo to be transformed by industrial madness, I would give up.

Light faded slowly, the red dusk vanishing to allow night entrance. I bid farewell to one, while greeting the other and the stars it accompanied. There was nothing like naturally occurring fireworks to kick-start an evening, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed Anakin move behind me, his powerful arms secured around my waist, owning my body and heart.

I smiled to myself, leaning the back of my head in the crook of his shoulder, brushing against bare skin. My face tilted up to watch a volley of assaulting stars glisten above us, communicating emotion in ways we?d never come to understand. The stars are the only things to ever stay constant, around for centuries passed and decades to come. I remember as a child, before my term as Queen, sitting on my grandmother?s knee, giggling and laughing whenever she teased me for having such rosy red cheeks. At night we used to sit atop one of Theed?s largest hills, pointing out constellations for hours on end, never tiring or growing weaker.

Our

25. Raye

Raye Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    ...I am speachless! That was, in one word, BRILLIANT!!! Force that was great! Well done! :Big pat on back: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.