main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cues cut from the Episode 2 Soundtrack? (Definate Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Alright. I was just watching the movie in the theatre under an hour ago. I heard some cues that I didn't hear on the soundtrack...

Did anyone else hear these or was it just me?
    And off topic: The soundtrack to this movie was one of the best flowing ever.... God I love AOTC!

And sorry if this is redundant.

ps: And yes, I know about the bonus track, and I know all unfeatured music on the soundtrack will be on another compilation at another time (UE, par example). I just want to know if others heard what I heard.

2. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i know exactly what youre talking about. i heard alot of music that wasnt on the soundtrack.

3. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Let me confess, I haven't even heard of the CD release a full time yet. I was saving it until after the movie, so I don't know for sure. But I heard that the Emperor's theme isn't on the CD--it sure is in the movie.

4. Hollow-Man

Hollow-Man Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I'm sure that like The Phantom Menace, they will release a 2-disc set which will contain all the music. After all, there's more than 75 minutes worth of music in the film.

-HM

5. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I haven't listened to the soundtrack, but I'm guessing that most of the music that was in the movie but not on the soundtrack was simply cut-and-pasted from TPM. [face_plain]

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Yeah, the Emperor's theme was drawn out a lot more than it was even featured on the soundtrack...

I thought I heard cues from the bonus track also, but I swore I heard some new music not on the soundtrack...

Oy. My hopeless cause to find the other music ;)

7. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    one thing i noticed about track 13 of the soundtrack is that there is a definite edit of some sort at about the 1:14 mark, right before the singer comes in. i noticed this the first time i heard the track about 2 months ago. when they played it in the movie, that edit was confirmed for me. instead of the singer coming in i believe the emperors them was played and then the singer. has anyone else noticed this edit?

8. The power's back!

The power's back! Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 1999
    An ultimate eidtion of the AOTC score will be very...embarassing if it contains so much TPM score. Especially when it was edited together so awkwardly.

btw, I loved the movie and what new score there was.

9. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, you can only fit about 75 minutes of music on a CD, and the movie is 142 minutes. Obviously, something's going to get left off the CD.

10. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    So anyone notice the wrong cues being used in spots? Or what sounded wrong?

Examples:

1) Anakin's on the conveyor belt. He's swinging away. Yoda's theme blares (I think it's the same cut from the duel).

2) Anakin and Padme enter the arena, to their death. They kiss. ATS swells. The camera pans away, to show the bloodthirsty mob, cheering for their death. More mob. More mob. The music for all this? The love theme. Did anyone else find this curious?

11. r2tincan

r2tincan Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm just pissed as hell they didn't put the "I killed them" music in.

12. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I thought the score fit the mood very well.. it showed the feeling swell and all right before something happened. On the conveyor scene, Anakin was truly in his Jedi prime, and the Yoda theme was in a sense showing this, while Across the Stars in the arena was helping to emphasize Anakin and Padme's love.

13. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I didn't here the electric guitar in the Coruscant Chase!!

14. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Yes, that seems to have been cut as well. :( so much cutting. :( :(

15. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    On a related topic, was the end credits cut for everyone? On the soundtrack, it goes from AtS into Anakin's theme, and then into a subdued Imperial March, which ends in this one trembling chord between a very low instrument (tuba or baritone?) and a very high instrument (flute or piccolo?). However, in the theater, the end of it was AtS. This true for everyone?

-Paul

16. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Yes, unfortunately.

17. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Anakin and Padme enter the arena, to their death. They kiss. ATS swells. The camera pans away, to show the bloodthirsty mob, cheering for their death. More mob. More mob. The music for all this? The love theme. Did anyone else find this curious?

I think that was actually correct. It may sound strange, but I think that part was written for that sequence.

As for the end credits, the concert suite of the love theme is longer than the version in the end credits on the CD, so I think they may have substituted it because the end credits were extended and the music no longer fit. That wiould be my guess.

18. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    THey release the short CD's to whet your appetite. After the movie comes out and spoilers don't exist, they release the big one with all the music, like they did for all the other movies.

And for all the people griping about TPM music being cut and pasted, you should really move on because only a minute was used. [face_plain]

19. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    No, it was several minutes. It's almost ten straight minutes during the battle sequence, and scattered moments throughout the rest of the score.

20. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I think the Emperor's theme was cut to hide the definate spoiler there... hearing that right after the Imperial march on Tatooine.... yeah, you'd know for sure what hap\pens..

21. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    But the question remains, was the Emperor's theme in that cue removed from Williams' composition to the CD, or was it added on later in addition to Williams' composition. That is the key, and that I do not think we know. Hopefully something of light will come to this.

22. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    One scene I noticed the music for and really liked was when the freighter carrying Anakin and Padme comes out of hyperspace outside of Naboo and then cruises in. Very cool little fanfare/motif, lasts maybe 10 seconds all told.

Anyone else like or notice that?

Ims

23. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    It was nowhere near ten minutes long, in fact, I'll rewatch the final battle starting from what, when they're chained in the arena to the end?

Again, it may be 10 minutes altogether from the film, but not even 5 minutes continuous.

24. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Regarding the Coruscant chase: the electric guitar was actually the sound of Zam's engines!

25. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    No, no, no.

I know what you mean, they actually did use an electric guitar (it was actually one note with the pitch going down by either a whammy bar or done in the studio), but there was actually a solo on the soundtrack. It was definitely not the same one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.