Cultural exchange from the UK - Language Class 101 for dumb Brits

Discussion in 'Star Wars Chile' started by edgejedi88, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_CALLOUX Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello Edge,welcome...

The Darkside may with you...
  2. starwarschile Jedi Master

star 4
    Que wena loco!!! welcome to board de los fans mas aperrados de sudamerica very good tu español, jajajaja saludos [:D]
    regars
    Y veran como quieren en Chile, al amigo, cuando es forastero?[face_whistling]
    mai french beri cul :(
  3. Darth_Luminara Jedi Master

star 4
    Qué querí que te diga, wampa, ¿Estudiaste Traducción jajajajaja? Buen inglés, tan bueno como mi Chino Mandarín [face_laugh] For English people this seems to be greek!!!!!!
  4. Jedivampire Jedi Master

star 2
    Can I ask you something edgejedi88?

How did you come out with your username? Sorry for asking. [face_blush]

Its okay about the tea. ;)
  5. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    'edgejedi88' - 'edge' because I have always been known by quite a few people as 'Captain Straight Edge' - in my 'youth'[face_tired] , back in the late 80s and early 90s, I was heavily into the straight edge scene (no drink, no smoking, no drugs, etc). I still stick by those ideals, but no longer wear 'X's all over my body and clothes (well - not as much)....

'jedi' - the light side - always for me! [face_dancing]

'88' because that was a great time in my life '1988' and a time I will always remember. Fun times with friends, hot summers and just kicking back...

..and you guys? [face_thinking]
  6. Darth_Jubei Independencia CR

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Okay..because It´s U.

Darth...obviusly..Dark side Always in me[face_devil]

and Jubei..name of the great samurai named Yagyu Jubei.Also is the name of a character of my favorite game..Samuarai Shodown or samurais Spirits in other sides.

Happy?o_O

Good..I hope.
  7. Darth_Luminara Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_peace] In my case: Darth, as Jubei, obviously because of the prename that all sith use... and Luminara because I wear Luminara Unduli's fancy dress in fan club Star Wars Chile events... I've always been amazed by this SW female character, since I saw her in Episode II in geonosian arena
  8. Jedivampire Jedi Master

star 2
    Thank you edgejedi88 :D I love how your name came from.

My name Jedivampire is because a bat is a creature of the night. Is a mistery animal. [face_mischief] Jedi are mistery people too. ;) as me at times.
  9. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedivampire - The bat is here ~~ik ik ik ~~ =D=

Thats cool! Its Halloween here today - I may dress up as a Bat or a Vampire tonight!

Ik Ik Ik! [face_dancing]
  10. Darth_Jubei Independencia CR

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    hey Edge..have U seen the dvd of ROTS ??
  11. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...not yet sadly....its a long story, but I pre-ordered my copy and it did not arrive on release day (they said 'lack of stock' or something was to blame..[face_thinking] ).

Anyway, I will now get it this weekend I think. There are lots of great deals where if you buy the DVD you get things for free too now, so I will have a look around for the best deal...apparently sales of the DVD are not as high as they expected...

The reviews so far have not been good though - a lot of people are dissapointed with the quality/content of the extra materials/documentary on the bonus disc. What do you think?

Did you know that the UK is the only place (apparently) in the world making a VHS copy of ROTS? We still love our outdated old media formats [face_love]
  12. Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't why I have spent the last years of my life learning filmmaking - The "Within a Minute" docummentary was all I needed to know!! [face_laugh]

No, seriously. The bonus disk is just as good as all the other SW bonus disks. Trailers, TV spots, the webdocs... Actually, is just about the same as the others.

And as for the movie... the picture quality is just stunning... and God.. I love this movie! :D
  13. Darth_Jubei Independencia CR

Chapter Rep
    star 5

I think UK is not the only place..here in Chile and Germany too.
    In fact I want and reserve the vhs format, but the clerk say me
    "The vhs copy come tomorrow" every time when I ask for it!

Finally I get the DVD version ..and later I will complete my VHS collection
  14. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...I thought the 'bonus' dvd was a bit lame really....it did not excite me one bit...but the main disc....hmmm.

It was the first time I had ever sat for the length of the film and listened to the audio commentary.....and I absolutey loved it!!!! I found it very interesting and will now likely try all the rest of the films too for the audio commentary.... [face_dancing]
  15. Darth-Baal Jedi Master

star 2
    Well
    Nice to meet u, Edge :)

About the Bonus Disc...well, for me it's ok
    Cool stuff about Revenge Of The Sith
    (I wish I could get those things on my pc, like the documentaries and so much things :p)

Hmm, I guess my english sucks :p
    Goodbye and May The Force Be With You All!
  16. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Chile people!

Whats new? Do you have the Burger King toys over there? Has anyone managed to get the Darth Anakin?

My personal favourite is the Jawa with the light up eyes! [face_dancing]

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Burger-King-ROTS-Star-Wars-Toy-Sealed-NEW-Jawa_W0QQitemZ6015107178QQcategoryZ769QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  17. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, this is from memory, and should be my favourite Spanish phrase:

Donde el frag es nosotros?

That should be "Where the frag are we?" in English.

Hola. Como esta usted? I'm Sith-I-5, also from the UK Fan Force board, and followed the link in Edge's signature.

I'm trying to learn Spanish on and off, and love the language.

Hasta luego!

S-I-5
  18. Darth_Jubei Independencia CR

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    GOOOOOOdd...!!(palpatine style)

Thanks for join us in this forums.We have a topics only the darksiders..like u
    called ORGANIZACION SITH..means organitation sith
    in this u can posted any time..also u can write in the academy sith or in spanish academia sith.

About the burger king toys i will waiting for Darth Vader only..but I have the big cup with Vader.
  19. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Muchas gracias for the welcome, Darth_Jubei.

Are there a lot of Sith fans here then?
  20. Darth_Luminara Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, we are a lot!!!!!!!!! The Dark Side rule!!!!!!!! Welcome to our forum [face_peace]
  21. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ....a lone Jedi stands watch over the Sith, keeping them in check....:cool:
  22. Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no, my dear friend...

A Jedi is never alone, as the Force is his ally. Life creates it... it makes it... well, you know the rest :D

Anyway, undeniable strong the Dark Side is here...

In fact, I've been thinking to join them... [face_devil]

But then again... nah. o_O
  23. Darth_Jubei Independencia CR

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    This forums is taken by the dark side..nothing I repeat nothing can´t stop us now.Even the jedi council..the lonely and sadly jedi there are no match with us...

and then u embrace the dark side soon or late...
  24. DARTH_CALLOUX Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes the Darkside is strong in us, everyone is welcome to join us...

Maybe we must do a special topic to our friend Sith teaching him spanish, his spanish is not bad at all, "a powerful spanish speaker he will be"(Palpatine style)
    The Dakside may with us
  25. Darth_Luminara Jedi Master

star 4
    Hahahaha... The Dark Side rulez here!!!! Greetings and it's good for me to practice my english here...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.