main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Cultural faux pas for 100, Alex

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316 , Aug 6, 2017.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Liked for your teacher's reaction

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Confederate Flag was another thing you use to see in the punk scene in the UK. During my adolescent emo stage, I knew a few scene kids with Confederate belt buckles.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Confederate flag is everywhere in rural Sweden. A lot of "raggare" (basically a mix between greasers and rednecks) have it on clothes, on their cars, in their cars, etc.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

How peculiar!

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I could almost give a pass to citizens of a country with very few black people for thinking that symbol just means "country" or "backwoods."

Anyone living in a 500-mile vicinity of me who sports it is just saying "I'm not racist but..." (or "I'm a racist, sue me") regardless of any pretense of it just meaning "country."

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Confederate Flags were also flown in Loyalist communities in Northern Ireland (but loyalist paramilitaries were very right wing and had links to Combat 18)