main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Cumberbatch in VII afterall?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    There is that.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. forzaskywalker

forzaskywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2014

we'll always have this.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    maybe the reason the actor playing the Dark Knight is shocking because it's a women, most of the speculation seems to be that it's a guy.;)

plaidphoenix likes this.
  4. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I really hope he isn't in it because I don't want a ton of Trek actors in The Wars, man!

And yes Daniel Craig was brilliant in Road To Perdition, I think he would do just fine in SW.

Speaking of Road To Perdition, I wish Paul Newman was still around. I would love for him to have a role as a retired bounty hunter or imperial remnant leader. He would've kicked ass in The Wars, man!

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Fixed your fix for you.

Satipo and starocean90 like this.
  6. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    The question we should be asking to solve this mystery is, "Do cyborgs have mind palaces to go to?".

7. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Not to derail the thread, but who would you like to see in the role if it's a woman?

starocean90 likes this.
  8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I've absolutely nothing against Cumberbatch. He's a very good actor, and his talent has made him very much in demand. All credit to the man. But personally speaking, I'd prefer the primary villain in the ST to maybe be played by an actor that isn't so familiar. The fact he was Harrison/Kahn in STOD, would make his revealing as the surprise big bad in VII pretty underwhelming really. I'm certain there are many fine, unknown (mainstream wise) actors who could pull it off given the chance. Just saying.

Dra--- and hippie1kenobi like this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I can think of so many possibilities for possible men as the Dark Knight, but none for female.[face_dunno]
    Do you have any ideas?

10. forzaskywalker

forzaskywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Lupita's possibly got the acting chops for it..Christie is a good actress but not on Lupita's lvl I don't think...good q.

11. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    It all depends on whether or no they're a contemporary of the Empire or not. It's sort of like trying to figure out who, if anyone, would be playing Luke's wife. Keeping in mind that we're supposedly going to be shocked when we learn the actor's identity, here are a couple of names that I wouldn't be quick to name as playing a villain in Star Wars. Also, I'm limiting my list to British actresses for the moment as an American actress in England would be more likely to be noticed going anywhere near the Star Wars set.

Kate Winslet
    Emma Thompson
    Jenny Agutter
    Rachel Weisz
    and two more, just for kicks and not because I consider them realistic possibilities:
    Emma Watson
    and Julie Andrews

Dra--- and starocean90 like this.
  12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    While I would LOVE it if Cumberbatch was in SW7, I still have this feeling that he is just messing with us.

13. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Maybe putting BC in Ep7 is actually a tribute to Ep4, since Episode 4 had Peter Cushing, who played Sherlock Holmes, and now Ep7 will have BC, who also played Sherlock Holmes. You see, it rhymes... it's like poetry.

14. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    The first Sherlock Holmes also died in a huge explosion at the end of IV. Want to rhyme that, too? ;P

miasma likes this.
  15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I suppose if he were to be hidden by the cyborg mask it could work? But I can't help thinking he's too big a star for it to work. If that makes any sense? *shrug*

16. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Guys, I think it is obvious that he is saying he shouldn't be talking about his visit to the set - all the secrecy, etc.

Harrison Ford?

17. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Sherlock Holmes doesn't go to Heaven at the end of Seven.

18. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    It's pretty clear he's dodging confirming/denying that he's in it:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/benedict-cumberbatch-rumoured-star-wars-4497537

19. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Literally just watched BC on the Graham Norton show.

GN: Are you in the next Star Trek film?
    BC: No comment...

GN: Are you in the new Star Wars film?
    BC: (mild laughter) No comment...

Norton then proceeds to mention about Benedict having visited the set. So it seems that the questions were pre planned just to lead to Graham asking about his set visit. It was a (seemingly) natural progression of the conversation.

Dra--- and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I would always prefer to see unknown actors appearing in Star Wars (familiar ones carry too much baggage) but in a costume like that it wouldn't bother me as much since it's mainly the face that would seem out of place. Cumberpatch does look about right for the body shape of that villain (moreso than Hamill certainly) but I doubt it's him. Previous J.J. obfuscations have revolved around the identity of actors rather than their appearance in the film. And if they do have Cumberpatch in it it would be a promotional mistake not to include him in the cast list. I doubt his name will attract many people not interested in Star Wars but it's still a point. My suspicion is that if he does appear it will be in a cameo, probably as a heavily made up alien or something.

21. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
    Am I the only person on earth who can't stand Cabbagepatch? I will not be impressed if he shows up in the film.

22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, that context really makes this all seem like nothing at all.

I think BC is a great actor, and I'm sure he would rock SW, but for some reason I'd just rather not see him play a huge role. I think I associate him too much with Sherlock and a dozen other films I've seen him in. That doesn't disqualify other actors for me though, so I don't know.

I guess I'd rather have the Dark Knight be an actress.

hippie1kenobi, Jcuk and plaidphoenix like this.
  23. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Bendydick Cabbagepatch is a great actor. I wouldn't mind him playing a major antagonist in SW.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    It's not like Cumberbatch is some real well known actor. The only big movie he's starred in was Star Trek & that movie under performed at the box office. You only hear his voice in the Hobbit. Sherlock is a great show but... it isn't a much talked about show here in the states as say TWD or GOT. Most people I know don't know who the hell he is.

25. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    He should play a goofy sidekick.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.