main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Cumberland Knights FanFilm?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Aderagon, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Howdy all,

While waiting in line for AOTC, Ron was giving out rumblings about an IK Fanfilm. Is this still going to be a go? If so, I'd like to have some part in it.

I'd like to be "generic extra"! You know, that Stormtrooper/Tusken Raider/Rebel Trooper/etc. that gets killed off in every battle scene? That'd be the role I would request. Also, maybe a small "serious" part, as the bigger ones would be taken by IK Veterans.

What do you guys think?

2. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    There will definitely be an IK fan film. In fact, there may be more than one :)

Discussions of storylines, types of films, and things of that sort are still in the early stages and we will most likely be having our first pre-production meeting sometime in August to start finalizing things and getting them moving.

We have many talented individuals involved in the Indy Knights and their talents lie in varied stages of the filmmaking process. We are hoping to utilize these skills, along with a very large pool of IK members to use as actors and extras, to make a really great fan film.

The wheels are in motion.

3. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm looking for an X-wing pilot Lego figure to make a custom Jorg Sacul.. will that help?

Seriously, though, count me in. I want to make this something to compete with Troops!

R2-B9

4. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    I would definetly be in. I have a film minor, I teach film, and help students shoot there own.

I just finished a short comic book based comedy.

We need to meet sometime and work on sime ideas.

5. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i could be in it whailing on aderagon with my trusty schwartz

6. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    ok that did not sound right

7. SynthLord

SynthLord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey YodaFett, what kind of camera are you planning on using? Just curious.

8. yodafett999

Sep 24, 2000
    I'd like to use a Canon XL-1 if we can. It all depends on what we have available to us. I've been shooting on film for a few years so I don't have a DV camera. I'm planning on buying a Canon GL-1 but I don't know when that will be. Of course if anyone has an HD 24 frame per second camera then we'll be more than willing to use it :)

As long as it has 16:9, a wide angled lens, and 3CCD chips then we'll be okay :)

Oh and a steadicam and dolly would be great too :)

9. Spencerian

Spencerian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    I know of a Macintosh system we can use for a quickie editing station. iMovie beats out most basic editors available anywhere...and Mac technology was what was used to make the "Duality" fan film. Impressed? I was.

If someone has Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects, things could really, really rock.

10. yodafett999

Sep 24, 2000
    I've already been preparing for it :)

I have:

Adobe Premiere 6.0
    Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.0
    Adobe After Effects Production Bundle 5.5
    ProTools 5.1 for sound
    Commotion Pro 4.0
    Lightwave 7.0
    3D Studio Max

And I'm in the process of getting Maya and Avid XPress DV, I have one version but it's the Windows 2000 version and I'm running 98 so I haven't been able to test it out yet.

In terms of software we should have no problems whatsoever. I can get whatever we need.

11. Shairy

Shairy Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I wanna be in charge!

12. The-Bald-Boba

The-Bald-Boba Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Dude, TK and I'll be in charge of all the female "extras." Would you guys disapprove of a bikini competition? Of course you won't because you all love me.

I am the man!!!!

13. Nick_the_Jedi

Nick_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2001
    I'll take a part.

14. Croda

Croda Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I've got a lot of audio software and equipment as I'm an aspiring electronic dance musician. Perhaps I could be of some assistance with sound effects etc.... let me know.

15. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    Shooting digital is a must, if we plan on adding effects. I have a few students who do cg lasers and lightsabers (amazing).

I think we should meet sooner rather than later. I am teacher and have the summer off & could devote alot of time to the film. Plus we could get people going in a direction.

16. yodafett999

Sep 24, 2000
    Ron mentioned the August date because we are taking several months off after the craziness of the last few in order to relax before we plunge ourselves headlong into another very large project that will eat away at many people's time and resources.

We are in no hurry and don't want to rush this thing. Most fan films, quality fan films, take a very long time to produce and pre-production may take a while. Especially since this is our first film. I know that several of us have production experience but many more do not and at this point don't really know what will be asked of them and what kind of commitment it is.

As the effects of C2 and the film wear off we might be able to begin informal talks about the direction we want to go but we'll play it by ear.

17. Jedi_Dad-1138

Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Count me and my wife in. She is going to join up on the next meeting I think. I can't wait to get started. Any idea on scripts or story line at this time. I had heard about a Star Wars knock off of Swingers? I think this would be a riot. What is the feel or mood that we are going for?
    Lights, Cameras, Achtung! :D

18. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Sounds like fun.
    I've majored in Telecommunications and
    Theatre & Drama @ IU.

19. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    We can make it a real IK event. The Fan Fiction group can write it, the Book Club read it, IKM can do the porps & what costumes we don't have, the fight teachers can direct, the Virtual Tour people can film, the Customizers can make the action figures/trading cards of us for the collectors to collect. Did I miss anyone???

20. OriginalBryGuy

OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Don't cha love it when a plan comes together?

21. Nick_the_Jedi

Nick_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2001
    I think my father is correct

22. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    As for my earlier post, I was not saying we should rush. I am just anxious to start. I am fully aware of how long a film takes to complete. When I suggested a meeting I meant just to get people going in the right direction and just thinking about it. Kind like pre production. I have no problem waiting.

As for someone's question about the feel of the film. I think a comedy, be it a spoof or a light hearted story is the way to go. I have seen most of the fan films out there. The serious ones always seem, well, kind of lame.

23. yodafett999

Sep 24, 2000
    That's why we're thinking of several different types. A parody would get our feet wet but I'd like to do a full on dramatic film that blows the others out of the water. We have the resources and the talent to do it.

24. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm all for a dramatic, Intense, edge of the seat film. Of the Fan Films I've seen, Troops is awesome as a parody but Bounty Trail is Really Good...Well Except the Comic book Opening. The more Serious Dark Redemption Sucked Bigtime. The FX were bad, the Acting was bad except Mara Jade, and the Script was mostly a direct ripoff of E4.

I have a buddy who is going to join at the next meeting who is a writer. This is what he's been wanting for quite some time, to write Star Wars. Myself...I have backgroud in Writing, Art, CGI, film and Theatre. I would'nt mind working on the script panel but I also think I Want to work with the Sound Design. Foley and Voiceovers as well as mixing them.

I think probably the first thing we need to do is decide on Old Republic or New Republic, Episodes 1-3 or 4-?, to get a feel for the era of design and set sites on Visuals. Mainly so CGIs can start building the models in the computer while everything is being done.

Costuming...If there is to be any "Troops", Will there be Cheaper Vacuformed armor pulled to make battalions. These can be sold afterward. I wouldn't mind seeing us get some of the "Skaines" and "DH2" market. Let's face it, Licensed stuff is only through Ruby's and it blows in comparrison to DP's helmets and masks.

25. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    I agree that a dramatic piece would be the best. Just tough to pull of, was what I was saying. But I am game for either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.