main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Curious about Order 66...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Jun 5, 2017.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Order 66, I've always wondered, aside from the clones killing the jedi, is there anywhere in TCW, the EU, or the new comics/novels that tells us anything else the clones began doing? Because I remember on Kashyyyk shortly after order 66 the clones begin rounding up and subjecting the Wookies', and on Coruscant the clones seem somewhat apprehensive of Bail Organa, going as far as pointing their guns at him, and when he leaves in a haste, a clone tells another clone "don't worry about him, let him go." Almost as if they were considering killing or arresting Bail as if he had "seen too much" .

So were there any other programs tied to order 66, Like subjecting non-human species, and killing potential opposition? Or were the clones given different individual orders when they began doing Palpatine's dirty work.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Actually it's Utapau where the Clones are rounding people up, the soldiers that helped in the battle. It's unclear why they're doing this, they must just be organising them, or giving them rest after the battle.

I prefer the idea that the Clones were always as we see they are with Bail, it just wasn't obvious before. They're not too bad with Bail, he is trespassing in site where conflict is taking place. It's those clones' jobs to guard the platform after all.

3. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    I think it would be reasonable to assume the Clones were given new orders by the Empire, and they did round up the Wookiees on Kashyyyk in the new cannon as well. The 212th Battalion (Kenobi's legion) launched an assault on Kashyyyk shortly after the Empire's formation to stop an uprising, and the later we see Wookiee slaves in Rebels. I imagine the inhabitants of Utapau were used for information on Kyber crystals in the new canon by the 212th as well, as some crystals were found there during the Clone Wars (in unfinished episodes). They are rather large beings like the Wookiees, so they might be a good work force.
    As for the Jedi Temple, I imagine that would be top priority for the Emperor, and the Clones would be on the highest level of alert to catch any stragglers and to keep the public away. I imagine because Bail is a Senator, they didn't arrest him because it would draw to much attention in the Senate (especially considering his friends were already unhappy with the Chancellor), but instead forced him away which would sound a lot more like a military exercise to other politicians. Plus, if they arrested him, they couldn't take him inside because he would see the carnage. Of course it didn't work anyway because of Jett. But yeah, I doubt any programmed Orders were involved apart from 66, and they were just under direct strict orders from Vader, Amedda, and Sidious.

In the EU there is masses of information about Clone and Imperial activities shortly after Order 66. They pretty much enslaved the Wookiees straight away if I remember correctly!

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Might be that they're trying to prevent Tion and his people from assisting Obi-wan. Same with going after the Wookiees on Kashyyyk.

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Never thought about it like that.

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    It was Order 67 when things really got hairy though. Love your avatar btw....

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Afterward the order was carried out seems the clones mopped up any remaining CIS resistance, crushed the Wookiees, secured their positions and theatres and awaited further orders.

8. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013

I think the clones were detaining Utapau soldiers as they were now subjecting the planet instead of the droids and viewed them as a threat to their control. It was probably to show how the Empire is even worse than the former CIS. It seemed like the Utapau soldiers were handcuffed and many were kneeling.

The idea seems to be order 66 was when the clones drop their masks and reveal their true nature similar to the Sith. This likely involved them ruthlessly securing the Sith version of peace Palps mentioned.

9. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I know that after Order 66, the Wookiees were rounded up for slave labor (that's how Han met Chewbacca in the old EU) and I'm sure the Utapau aliens were treated similar after their common enemy, the Separatists, were defeated. The clones were still inherently loyal to the Republic as far as I know, but they didn't consider the Jedi a part of the republic. That would explain why Bail wasn't a high priority target, but they would have been willing to kill him if the Emperor's plot was exposed.

10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    testing testing

edit - ah , ok , posting is working here . Is there something wrong with the senate board ? it doesn't seem to accept any posts .

11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Oh just wait until the First Order comes out! Then, things will really get bad. :p

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    They didn't kill Bail probably because for one he didn't actually intervene in the skirmish with the Jedi youngling and two the massacre was about over so there was no real point in ensuring he didn't see anything. They just said "there has been a rebellion" "it's under control" "and you need to leave". Which he was about to do in any case.

As for Utapau-they were local auxiliaries, it was probably after the order was given and Obi Wan assumed dead the last droids destroyed-"turn in your weapons" "on your knees". I don't believe the Utapuans were particularly mistreated during the empire it was basically to round them up, probably catalogue them get their weapons, make a statement and leave.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the novel, they did try:

One of the troopers lifted a hand as Bail approached. “Don’t worry, sir, everything is under control here.”
    “Under control? Where are the SER teams? What is the army doing here?”
    “I’m sorry, I can’t talk about that, sir.”
    “Has there been some kind of attack on the Temple?”
    “I’m sorry, I can’t talk about that, sir.”
    “Listen to me, Sergeant, I am a Senator of the Galactic Republic,” Bail said, improvising, “and I am late for a meeting with the Jedi Council—“
    “The Jedi Council is not in session, sir.”
    “Maybe you should let me see for myself.”
    The four clones moved together to block his path. "I’m sorry, sir. Entry is forbidden."
    “I am a Senator—”
    “Yes, sir.” The clone sergeant snapped his DC-15 to his shoulder, and Bail, blinking, found himself staring into its blackened muzzle from close enough to kiss it. “And it is time for you to leave, sir.”
    “When you put it that way…” Bail backed off, lifting his hands. “Yes, all right, I’m going.”
    A burst of blasterfire ripped through the smoke and scattered into the dawn outside. Bail stared with an open mouth as a Jedi flashed out of nowhere and started cutting down clones. No: not a Jedi.
    A boy.
    A child, no more than ten years old, swinging a lightsaber whose blade was almost as long as he was tall. More blasterfire came from inside, and a whole platoon of clones came pelting toward the landing deck, and the ten-year-old was hit, and hit again, and then just shot to rags among the bodies of the troopers he’d killed, and Bail started backing away, faster now, and in the middle of it all, a clone wearing the colors of a commander came out of the smoke and pointed at Bail Organa.
    “No witnesses,” the commander said. “Kill him.”
    Bail ran.
    He dived through a hail of blasterfire, hit the deck, and rolled under his speeder to the opposite side. He grabbed onto its pilot’s-side door and swung his leg onto a tail fin, using the vehicle’s body as cover while he stabbed the keys to reinitialize its autorouter. Clones charged toward him, firing as they came.
    His speeder heeled over and blasted away.

but that may have been based on an older script.

14. Order 66 is only specialized in killing Jedi is a direct order that no clone should disobey the clones they had the responsibility to fulfill any order without questioning it

Clones are perfect soldiers they are like robots but human in the new canon they put the subject of the chips but the old origin of the clones has more sense because the clones were made only for war

If one day a senator makes an order about cleaning Jabba's bathroom, the clones would comply with that order without questioning it because that was what they were born for

Clones only follow orders

lord_sidious_, Slicer87 and oncafar like this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Legendsverse humanised the clones, and showed them disobeying exceptionally dubious orders, long before TCW did.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Legends had clones subject to very intense pyschological and genetic conditioning. Canon has the chip. Conditioning is a lot easier to overcome than a biomechanical chip in your head.

17. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    It was never just conditioning. Originally in Attack of the Clones it is mentioned how their entire genetic structure was modified to make them more docile and less independent than Jango Fett.

18. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I never liked the idea of certain Clones rebelling against said order. I think we're shown the casual relationship between Cody and Kenobi for just this reason, to highlight the fact that the Clones can work alongside the Jedi in the heat of battle, but still be conditioned to flip at the utterance of a command. Otherwise, Sidious would have opted for an army of draftees. Clones are somewhere between a drafted teenage farmboy and a battledroid. They can think creatively, but at the same time, their obedience is without question.

19. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i think that a tiiiiiny percentage could rebel and it would make sense. it depends on the chip, if there are any flaws in it, and the human brain. even clones cannot be 100% perfect copies right? there is always going to be a small amount of variation, and it may be enough that a very small percentage of the clones weren't as controlled by their chips. it would be an anomaly though. in TCW there was the clone whose chip activated before the order because there was something wrong. this could conceivably go the other way as well. chips also can short out. the brain is constantly building and changing per experience and it could end up going around the chip too much.

i thought order 66 was specifically about killing jedi. but implications come with this. those who stand in your way of killing the jedi are also "the enemy." the clones think like soldiers. they don't take it upon themselves to ponder ethical questions and decide what is just and fair. if they did, they wouldn't be so good at following orders.