main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Current Club Name Submission(s)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    It appears after weeding through some of the club name submissions I see three that seem okay with most people:

5)The One Force, SF Fan Force: Expressing the that Force is one and it does not choose sides. In general it's well balanced and symbolic.

4)SF Fan Force Alliance: Expressing the unity of SF Fan Force and along with the other clubs of the Bay Area, California, nationwide, and even the world.

3)SF Fan Force, The Grey Side of the Force: Not always black or white, but the grey. Again a well balanced medium but seems lesser as symbolic due to grey also seemling indecisive and hazy. Would take some explaining too.

2)SF Fan Force Society: Already taken from a variety of clubs already in California but a solid name regardless.

1)SF Fan Force: Just the regular name we've known till now, no frills, but no conflicting notes either.

To make it fair I numbered things backwards from the beginning as to not mean the top suggestion is #1 or anything. Anyway further suggestions are still being taken, and I'm doing my best not to be biased but obviously we all have our own personal preferances.

Once again all submissions will be accepted till Sept. 1st and voting concerning that will start then till the 15th. Whether they will make it to the final six is another matter See "Club name vote and logo vote" thread. All dates are subject to change if there is a valid reason.

2. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    SF Fan Force Alliance get's my vote

3. Darth_Evil_II

Darth_Evil_II Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2003
    THE ONE is the Great One's selection

4. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    SF Fan Force Alliance

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    hmmm.... I forgot to account for what would happen if the club name and logo were tied in a vote... hmmmm... Will have to think about that one since there's a chance that may happen. I like The One Force myself.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    (crossing fingers) "Long live the Alliance!"

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    no such thing as luck Jed ;)

8. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Well I guess that breaks the tie so far

9. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I saw keep it simple. SF Fan Force.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Robert, glad you decided to pop in! =)

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'd thought I'd move this back to the top here because the voting on this will close soon (I think we'll extend the deadline for actual voting till next friday Sept 19th to close this vote but no more suggestions will be taken for names). Thus far the results are:

3 votes for Alliance
    1 vote for The One Force
    1 vote for keeping it SF Fan Force

There will also be a live vote soon at the next Fan Force meeting tomorrow (Saturday Sept 13th) and I will work on the absentee ballot thing soon as well. Sorry everyone I've had some personal things on my mind so I've been kinda out of it. May democracy be with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.