main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Current Events

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I finally made the effort and got a TON of work done on my leather and stainless steel-plated greaves, after work tonight. They are now about 95% finished! Hmmmmm...considering all the work I have put into them so far, maybe I should say 99% finished. I'll obviously post pics when they are totally finished and wearable. ;)

This is just 1 of about 8 current/up-coming Star Wars gear projects. ;) :eek:

2. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Does anyone here drive a white car that says Jedi Princess on the windshield? I saw it at Beddington Mall yesterday, was just curious!

3. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    I saw a license plate that says 'WOOKIE' a couple weeks ago. Anybody know him?

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    We need to get everybody flyer's that they can stick on these peoples windsheilds when they see things like this.

5. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Or maybe laminated "business" cards?

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    GRRRRRR!!!! I'm so choked! Our furnace blew sometime during the night and now we have to shell out the bucks we'd saved to develop the basement, to buy a new one :mad: Damn that makes me mad!!

7. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    :eek: That totally sucks..those things aren't cheap! Well I am doing a totally boring job...shreadding! It is my least favorite thing to do but it needs to be done or my paperwork would take over my home.

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Getting a new furnace installed today. The old one was the original - I guess it was time to 'retire' it after 30 years. They've been at our place most of the day. Seems there's small problem installing it - something about the fan. Should I be worried?? [face_worried]

9. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Hmm, fan troubles. Is it anything like the fan troubles in Alien3?

On a lighter note, I got my hair cut today. I say lighter note because my head feels like a great weight has been taken off. I think it's just the right length that it should grow out to Cade's length right around May 24.

10. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    OK...here are some more pics from Mexico that you asked for...:p

[image=http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/BH-7113/Cancun%202006/Picture024.jpg]

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Are you smiling because the killer flamingos have disappeared?? :p

12. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    No, he's contemplating. "Hmmmm... the bounties on those flamingos are for dead OR alive..."

13. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, got my passport application process done today!! Now to wait for a month (or so I was told).

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I have been assimilated.

Cineplex Odeon bought Famous Players last spring. Slowly but surely, all the FP theatres have been implementing the Cineplex policies and procedures. The latest is the new shirts we have to wear.

I look like I belong on the Enterprise 1701-D. Black across the shoulders and purpley-blue below the chest. Science officer, maybe. All I need now is a couple of pips on my collar and a pair of Vulcan ears (which, I do own).

Live long and prosper :p

15. BH-7113

Apr 20, 2005
    Something like this...

[image=http://www.scifistore.com/items/u/Th_stun5288.jpg]

[face_thinking] :-B :rolleyes: [face_dancing]

16. Ark-Daragon

Ark-Daragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2006
    heh thats the medical Officer Uniform though... if your a engineer it would be orange a wee bit and command would be red.... ok i said to much my cover is blown... i really need a cure from this Star-Trek-alitis

17. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Close to that Scot - but with short sleeves. And more blue than green. The staff at Sunridge have been wearing them, so I'm sure you've seen them before.

18. BH-7113

Apr 20, 2005
    Cross County skiing,Peter Lockheed Park...What a fantastic day on Sunday.

[image=http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/BH-7113/Elkwood.jpg]

Who's up for "300" on Friday. Should we set something up?!?;)

19. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    We were talking Sunridge Friday night...

20. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_alien_1] Yeah..the trailer looks awsome! I have to work Friday night..so I will catch it later...have a great time! Great Pics Scott!

21. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm reading the SI swimsuit issue at work for the severalth time. This both current and an event.

duckduckduck

!

22. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, well.....I wanted to wait till it was TOTALLY finished (with my mods), but here are the first 2 pics of my brand new custom-designed Random Saber. I'll be adding a 5-watt blue LED, hopefully in time for the trip to Edmonton. The second pic is a close-up of the first mod I have done, which was to add some gold bands (tape) to the pommel end. Yes, they are not a match for the gold of the brass on the forward grip, but it looks better with the strips than without.

[image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0702_750.jpg]
    [image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0703_750.jpg]

23. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Those are so sweet. Your lightsabers are truly amazing, Kris. Very kandosii.

24. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    If you don't mind me asking Ranger but how much did those sabers cost you? And what material are they made out of?

25. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, the 2 Ep1 Parks replicas each came loaded with EL and blade, and after shipping and customs, cost me over $500 (CA) each.

My RandomSaber was about $370 (CA). That price will be increasing as I install the LED electronics, and a machined aluminum covertec knob, to replace the included brass krussel knob.

The Ep1 replicas are totally aluminum, while my Berkut is mostly aluminum except for the brass emitter/overlay. Oh, I think the Obi-Wan cut-out black grip section might actually be a plastic-type of material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.