main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Current Events

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    That sounds to cool. Going to something like that is really awe inspiring. I know I was in awe at the Mayan Ruins in Mexico a few weeks ago.

2. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Wow, Yrol. That's amazing.

I, too, would love to go to Egypt, for obvious reasons: PRETTY SPARKLY COSTUMES FOR CHEAP!! Heh.

Kent and I were just discussing it the other day - I'd like to go to Egypt sometime in the next five to ten years. It's pretty turbulent over there right now, but I'd still love to experience it first-hand. Egypt, Morocco, even Afghanistan. Maybe one day, God willing.

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Yeah, that's my goal too. I'm always worried, with all the political unrest in the Middle East, that some idiot may decide to make a point by bombing the pyramids. I shudder to think of it [face_worried]

4. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Lets hit Vegas they have pyramids don't yet :D.

5. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I have a hard time picturing someone blowing up a pyramid. I doubt anyone could do more damage than all the invaders and conquerors have done over the ages.

6. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Booyaaaa!!!!!

I managed to make 1 more shift trade, and now I have Sunday the 29th completely off!!! Count me in for all day!

7. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    Found out this morning I'm allowed to go next Sunday! I'm preeeeetty excited.

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Anyone else catch Conan last night, with the Maker? So freakin' funny! Someone really needs to make a Jewbacca costume - ha! ha! ha![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    I saw it...I thought there was alot more Conan could have asked him. It was pretty cool though.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I agree. Conan was more interested in making 'funny' than having a good chat with George. But it was nice to see The Maker out and having some fun. Personally, I would've asked him about his upcoming war film - Red something?

11. vonScott

vonScott Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2006
    Jewbacca? Hmmm... I have the yarmulke and sideburn-coils. :)

12. vonScott

Aug 16, 2006
    Many of you know that I also take part in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Well, I have a special request, particularly for the stormtroopers, but any Star Wars costume should do.

For the Friday, Saturday and Sunday shows - May 18, 19 and 20 (yes - same day as the BBQ), our preshow theme this time around is space. I thought about getting some (1/2 dozen) Stormtroopers and Darth Vader on stage for "(I Lost my Heart to a) Starship Trooper" by Sarah Brightman and Hot Lips. You would receive free admission for the show for performing.

If you're interested and willing to dance around for a few minutes on stage in armour or costume, please forward your name to me, Dale Rossetti (drossettdale at netscape dot net) no later than Wednesday, May 16. Also please indicate which dates you'd like to appear.

13. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Damn it,JAnet!?! sometimes wish I had a costume. And Now Something Completely different:

Has anyone caught the "Spider-man 3" BurgerKing toys bug? I love these damn things!

14. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
  15. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    That would be a pretty cool book indeed. I'm excited for the next Legacy of the Force book. Jacen Solo, what will you do next?

16. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I just got back form the local business centre, and have shipped out 2 lightsabers w/blades via Fedex international priority. It cost me just over $100!!!! They estimate delivery in the U.S. on Monday!

Well, I have never shipped anything to the US, and am really hoping this goes smoothly.

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Just a public notification that I have safely arrived home in Banff. Yes, I drove to Banff after getting a ride to Airdrie from my brother, after getting off the return plane from CIV.

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thought you were staying at your parents tonight, Kris? Glad you arrived home - get some sleep!

19. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    I was going to, but I wasn't really tired at the time, and I have several things that I have to deal with ASAP, so the sooner I'm back in Banff, the better. That is, until Ceridian sends our paycheques to.....Edmonton!!!! WTH!?!?!?!?!

GRRRRRR......

20. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I FINALLY saw Spiderman 3, on Thursday night, on IMAX. I enjoyed most of it, though there were parts that did drag on.

21. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Current Event: Laundry

22. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    Hiding in the library to avoid people ftl...

23. vonScott

Aug 16, 2006
    Hi all

The Plaza is hosting a Midnight Film Festival!

All Summer Long!!!

Beginning and Ending with the Greatest Midnight Movie of All Time, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. This summer will be packed full of the best Midnight has to offer. Costumes and Audience Participation are Encouraged at all Midnight Movies. (For those of you don?t like to read there is a summary schedule at the bottom of this message.)

Kicking Off with a GRINDHOUSE Screening on June 28th at 9:30 PM that is FREE with a Non-Perishable Donation to the Food Bank. That?s Right, FREE with Donation. Come early to Line Up. This ones gonna be busy. (Please note, This is a 9:30 show. All others are Midnight Movies with Entertainment if you show up early.)

We then roll into a Canada Day Long Weekend of THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW June 29th through July 1st.

The Rest of the Summer is Non-Stop as we host special events every Friday and Saturday Night.

Urban Legend Says that if you Play Pink Floyd?s Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz it will Sync up perfectly. Come share this Freaky Trip with us as we go to THE DARK SIDE OF OZ July 06 and 07.

Sick of Retro Nights playing 99 luft balloons and Michael Jackson? Come Re-experience what was Truly Great about the 80?s on Friday the 13th with the New Wave/Sci Fi/Sex Filled/Drug Laden World of LIQUID SKY, and come back on Saturday July 14th for the Punk/Sci Fi/Violence Filled/Slacker World of REPOMAN. These two films are Each Playing 1 Night Only, so don?t miss your chance.

July 20th and 21st we lighten things up and look to the 50?s through the eyes of the 70?s for our Tight Sweater and Leather Clad Rock?n?Roll Fantasies as we have a GREASE SINGALONG.

But to Make Sure we Don?t Go Soft, on July 27th and 28th we bring you FIGHT CLUB. A Brilliant Film with Amazing Sights, Sounds and Performances Throughout. Besides, Meatloaf is in it.

And speaking of Meatloaf, That Brings us to the Heritage Day Long Weekend and THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. Don?t Fear That we will Forget Our Roots Here at the Plaza Midnight Film Festival. ROCKY HORROR will be back Fri Aug 03rd ? Sun Aug 05th to Take us Through Another Long Weekend.

Next to Rocky Horror, More People Have Seen our Next Movie Midnights at the Plaza Than Any Other. I am of Course Talking About MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL, so Grab Your Coconuts and Come on Down to This Constant Favourite on Aug 10th and 11th.

For Those of you Who Think There can Never be Enough Chances to put on Make Up, Mark Aug 17th and 18th on Your Calendar Cause Here Comes HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH SINGALONG. Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. How Can You Go Wrong?

After All This we Are Finishing the Festival With Encore Presentations of our biggest events. GREASE SINGALONG On Friday Aug 24th And The Infamous DARK SIDE OF OZ On Saturday Aug 25th, with a Labour Day Long Weekend Finale on Fri Aug 31st to Sun Sep 02nd of? You Guessed It, THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.

Tickets Will Be Available For Sale on June 23rd for all Shows:

Advance Available on-line at www.theplaza.ca or at The Plaza Box Office.

- Rocky Horror Picture Show Incl. Pre-Show - $12
    - All Other Midnight Shows - $ 9
    - MIDNIGHT PASS ? Book of Ten Tickets (good for any show) - $75

Grindhouse (Free with Food Bank Donation) - June 28 9:30 Thursday
    Rocky Horror Picture Show - Fri June 29 ? Sun July 01
    Dark Side of Oz - Fri July 06 ? Sat July 07
    Liquid Sky - Fri July 13 Only
    Repoman - Sat July 14 Only
    Grease Singalong - Fri July 20 ? Sat July 21
    Fight Club - Fri July 27 ? Sat July 28
    Rocky Horror Picture Show - Fri Aug 03 ? Sun Aug 05
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Fri Aug 10 ? Sat Aug 11
    Hedwig and the Angry Inch Singalong - Fri Aug 17 ? Sat Aug 18
    Grease Singalong - Fri Aug 24 Only
    Dark Side of Oz - Sat Aug 25 Only
    Rocky Horror Picture Show - Fri Aug 31 ? Sun Sep 02

As Always, These Events are About The Audience. If You Come to a Show and Wish to Participate More, Fee

24. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Grindhouse!?
    Son-of-A-@!%
    I missed this movie like how many times! They pulled it from theatres pretty damn quick (3hour-length), and it still hasn't reouped its 63 million budget! TArintino even screened a extended-cut in Cannes afterwards. Sidenote [I heard Tim Curry was in Edmonton]....Dr. Frankenfurter live.

25. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Grindhouse, Fight Club, Oz and REPO MAN!!! It's like someone is secretly trying to sucker me into something... How can this even begin to be true??? If you were playing Streets of Fire I would know it's a trap...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.