main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Current Events

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Wow! I just might come out for the Grindhouse event! I still haven't seen it!

On another note, I enjoyed F4:ROTSS last night. Also, the HP5 movie looks like things get pretty serious.

2. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    I just received word that my prequel Obi-Wan tunic set has shipped! Looks like it will be hear in time for July 11! I'll just need to get some suitable brown pants. I also bought and installed some gel soles for my new custom boots (which many of you saw at the last meeting).

3. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Su'cuy vode.
    I had a moment (and a computer) so I thought I would drop you guys a line from here in Vancouver. I wish I could be back home for the book launch and kid's day, but I am having a great time out here anyway. Right now we are staying with a family who have, brace yourselves... never seen Star Wars!:eek: I am working hard to try and convert them, however. We went to a place called the Night Market tonight and I was able to pick up a bunch of stuff for my beskar'gam including a laser pointer, a keypad and a bunch of small things (I dont know what they are) that will make great rocket darts (I have extras if you want some, Shawn). Last but not least, as part of my pet project to set up a camera system in my helmet, I have bought a 1" square, color, night vision camera for $50!
    Thats all for now, re'turcye mhi vode!

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Glad you're having a great time, Peter!

Wow! A night-vision camera for $50!! That's awesome!

News in my arena -> my Speedy Stitches Jedi tunic arrived today!! So, I'll be traditional Jedi for kid's day. I'm still debating whether to wear my bracers (I probably will) and how to wear my lightsaber -> holster or belt clip.

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The heat must be getting to everyone - no one's around to post anything! Ha! ha! I know - it's summer and everyone's busy vacationing, visiting or just plain busy.
    This heat wave is intense. Sleeping is so uncomfortable [face_frustrated] The heat makes me grouchy.... I wonder how Luke and the Lars' did it on Tatooine - they had two suns???!!

Anyone enjoy Stampede? I hadn't been in like, 5 years so we went on evening last week. It hasn't changed at all. Bought some cool stuff in the Round-Up centre. Almost got a henna tatoo (but didn't want to wait in the loooooonnnggg line). Enjoyed the evil junk food and then headed home.

Got the new Roran Corrob maquette from Red5 - SO AWESOME!!!

6. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I haven't been online because my computer is broken. I'm borrowing my Dad's until mine is fixed. I went to the stampede the other day and had some fun eating junk and wandering around. I must have spent $30 just on food, trying different things. I ended up buying some ab toner machine so I can get ripped for my Leonidas costume at Dragon*Con. I've already been dieting and working out, but this should help even more. I've lost about 15lbs since CIV, so I'm doing something right.

7. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Well, the move to Airdrie is complete! It was the move from hell but that's to be expected in 30+ degree weather and splitting a household into two smaller places...the 41 degree fever and the losing the skin off my left foot didn't help any either.

And now to decorate it my way!...Steel and glass, black and white...have to figure out how to display stuff and thinking not going to have enough room...LEGO and books take a lot of room! Thinking a future plan is to get the basement finished. It's been an expensive 3 weeks what with movers, furniture, and a vehicle (now I can put on a sticker!...on the Red Mazda Protege 5). On the plus side...SW looks (and sounds) much better on a 37" LCD than a 27" CRT:D!

w.

8. vonScott

vonScott Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2006
    Amusing; I moved from Airdrie into Calgary end of May. :)

Midnight Movie madness still at the Plaza:
    July 20 and 21 Grease sing-along
    July 27 and 28 Fight Club
    August 3 - 5 Rocky Horror
    August 10 and 11 Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    August 17 and 18 Hedwig and the Angry Inch (I'll be at Con-Version though)
    Aug 24 Grease Sing-along
    Aug 25 Dark Side of Oz
    Aug 31 - Sep 2 Rocky Horror (Again?)

If you're interested, give me (Dale) a call (cell 819-2105); I might be able to arrange a ticket or two for you. Just ask Neill.

9. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Hope everyone had a happy Harry Potter weekend! My weekend was amazing, my b/f surprised me w/ a new puppy on Friday, so I read and played w/ her all weekend while enjoying the 30 degree weather. I heart puppies, and new HP books!

10. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Aww, congratulations Jami! What's its name?

11. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    LT (for little thing) I was considering Gizmo too...she kinda looks like a gremlin. (the good kind)

12. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I finally finished reading the original novelization of "A New Hope". A few interesting things to note in this old version of the story: Luke was GIVEN an X-Wing as a reward for rescuing Leia; R2-D2 had clawed feet; Chewie also got a medal at the ceremony.

Anyway, tonight I'll start on TESB.

13. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    We all know in our hearts that Han Shot First. Now the Maker confirms it:

http://www.hellblazer.net/2007/07/23/recursion-shot-first/

14. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    That shirt has been out for a while. George wore when the OOT came out in singles last year.
    here

15. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    For any of you that follow the developments of lightsaber building, you may have heard of PlectorLabs. If not, well let me just say that Erv over in France has developed pretty much the BEST led AND sound driver board for custom-built lightsabers! His board can FULLY power any of the 3w, 5w, and K2 series of luxeon leds. PLUS it is an amazing sound driver. He designed it to run off an SD card, and also you to edit the sounds to your heart's content. You can even change the event timings and sensitivity! It does SO MUCH more than I have described here, too!!! Blaster deflection flash, blade lock-up flash and flicker, basic idle flicker, power-up/down fading, support for low battery led indicator, support for scrolling led bargraph.......

Anyway, I was finally able to order one of these amazing bad boys (they are in super limited production), called the Crystal Focus Core v2.5.

Should be here in a few weeks (thanks to PayPal delays).

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I LOVE my Mace Windu maquette!![face_love] He is one BMF [face_devil]

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    After almost 5 months, I FINALLY got my SW fanclub membership package! Now, if I can finally get a magazine issue or 2 or 3.

18. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    So...Shawn - how's that upgraded lightsaber? ;) ;)

Did you get those small pieces attached yet?

19. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    What's everyone doing for the long weekend?

I'm headed out to Vancouver for some sailing (heading over to Howe Sound for a few days) and to pick up my new car. Yay! No more waiting for hubby to pick me up or bumming rides off friends.

And yes - Indy (the name of my new wheels) will be sporting a few Star Wars decals....:D

20. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I plan to do as much nothing as I can before it's too late. School starts on tuesday for me[face_tired. But my birthday is only a few days later, so it's not ALL bad.

21. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Going to the Tattoo Expo this weekend and possible to Red Deer/Edmonton to visit my wife and a few friends in e-town.

22. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Would like 2 visit E-town, but I HAVE 2 clean my place. The dishes have sat 4 a week.

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Eeeewww!! A week??![face_sick]

24. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    i HAVE been busy...my new "gig" is from 9-6pm, and last weekend, my father dropped by on my "Kenny Baker" day, & went 2 Cochrane. After work I've been cramming in "Space: Above&Beyond episodes....on Dvix. I like the series, however, I find it 2 B very sombre. Semper-Fi!

25. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Just procured a difficult to find Arc Trooper Maquette - yay!!! [face_dancing]

My new license plate is LAW-962 (yes - JEDI uphold the law!!).

Did you see that Simpsons Star Wars into featured on tfn's main page?? FANTASTIC!!!

All in all, a great start to the long weekend! Have fun everyone!

And safe trip to those of you off to D*Con this weekend :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.