San Fran, CA Current polls for Club name vote (Poll closes on 9/19 friday)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    The names here are all the names that recieved at least 1 vote. "SFFF Society" will be eliminated because no one loves it, awww... Anyway, here are the remaining options with the live votes counted thus far and any online votes:

3)The One Force, SF Fan Force: Expressing the that Force is one and it does not choose sides. In general it's well balanced and symbolic. (3 votes)

2)SF Fan Force Alliance: Expressing the unity of SF Fan Force and along with the other SW clubs of the Bay Area, California, nationwide, and even the world. (4 votes)

1)SF Fan Force: Just the regular name we've known till now, no frills, but no conflicting notes either. (4 votes)

If somehow there is a tie we will come up with some kind of mutually beneficial agreement. I think we'll extend the polls closing till next friday (9/19) now since I need to send the "absentee ballots", which includes the our newsgroup list and anyone else who has come to the meetings more than once prior. :) I will give a updates through out the week and I will save all e-mail(s) concerning votes reported to me that I will rely onto the boards. I will also keep today's live vote ballots (at the meeting) which negates your online vote since we don't want to count the same vote twice.
  2. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    The latest voting poll update:

3)The One Force, SF Fan Force: Expressing the that Force is one and it does not choose sides. In general it's well balanced and symbolic. (3 votes)

2)(The) SF Fan Force Alliance: Expressing the unity of SF Fan Force and along with the other SW clubs of the Bay Area, California, nationwide, and even the world. (6 votes)

1)SF Fan Force: Just the regular name we've known till now, no frills, but no conflicting notes either. (5 votes)

Again polls close on friday at midnight (the 19th)!

Vote Now! Vote Now! Vote Now!
  3. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright just a note of what the club voted for thus far:

3)The One Force, SF Fan Force: (3 votes)
    2)(The) SF Fan Force Alliance: (8 votes)
    1)SF Fan Force: (6 votes)

However, it has been pointed out certain flaws with in my version of the voting and registration. Therefore it has been decided that a re-vote is in order with added stipulations that would make things fair and equal for those who do activily participate with the formation of the club in which I do agree with.

However, I no longer think then it is my place to organize this since trust has been put into the question, concerning my impartiality. I apologize and I do agree with the new voting policies we discussed about last night but other than voting directly I should not interfer with setting it up nor rewriting the regulations concerning registration up any further other than suggestion and pointing out possible flaws that maybe valid. I'd actually like to nominate Robert (Harlock415) for that job if he shall have it.

However, since we are re-voting I will be taking my suggestion concerning "The One Force, SF Fan Force" out of the hologram. Besides I know some people have reconsidered their own votes for the name anyway and want to change their vote. Thus unless someone else has other suggestions to a club name that sounds good without wild debate then the two names of The San Francisco Fan Force Alliance (SFFFA) and San Francisco Fan Force (SFFF) will go head to head, one on one, in which only one will survive! lol... But personally I'd prefer a battle one on one anyway, so may the best name win. As much as the process has been slow I agree that it should be done right, sorry for the delay everyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.