Before - Legends Current Skimmer (Qui-gon/Brianna vignette, crack ship challenge response)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kecen, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. kecen Jedi Master

star 4
    It took me a while to get an idea down, but here's my first crack ship roulette response. Forgive my lack of character interaction. The roulette is [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23419688&brd=10304&start=26191704]here[/link].

Current Skimmer
    He shucked off the body he carried with his spirit like a heavy animal skin, and the eternal current of the Force claimed Qui-gon. In mingled memories he saw glimpses of her face, past the fabric of so many crushing years, where she sank into the all encompassing river three millenia behind.

He smiled, his outline more substantial than the handmaiden's. She was unaware of his presence, but Qui-gon recognized Brianna's face.

This face graced old holobooks piled under forgotten files of beings Qui-gon now dwelled among restless and undying. He rediscovered them, felt the impressions they left in their fleeting lives, and recalled them into memory. He walked endless halls as a ghost, unseen to all that came before him.

Qui-gon didn't understand why, but among all the beings he haunted, he would linger near her doorway more nights and noons. Sometimes she would switch on a lamp, or stare past the transperashield, as if she should acknowledge the other presence gazing in from far-off eras. Other times, there were other visitors, and he was drowned out in the background noise.

Whatever the life, whatever the year, Qui-gon was an outcast among outcasts. In mortal life, he himself his own kind, and in the cold current, he sought the company of outsiders.

He chose her, a passionate illegitimate child, over countless heroes and conquerors, multitudes of peacemakers conforming. He chose her for the argent stream of words she left behind, which he could never truly answer.

He moved on to other doorsteps, other faces, but kept her in mind, the last handmaiden, and carried the words skimming on a balmy current.
  2. Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod

Manager
    star 9
    Oh, I really love this.

This face graced old holobooks piled under forgotten files of beings Qui-gon now dwelled among restless and undying. He rediscovered them, felt the impressions they left in their fleeting lives, and recalled them into memory. He walked endless halls as a ghost, unseen to all that came before him.

& Whatever the life, whatever the year, Qui-gon was an outcast among outcasts. In mortal life, he himself his own kind, and in the cold current, he sought the company of outsiders.

Especially!! Excellent response to the challenge.
  3. CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    that was well done. It was an itresting way to get theem together.
  4. Jade_Max Jedi Master

star 5
    Oh wow, talk about unique!

This was just fabulous, m'dear, just fabulous! Short, but very poignant, I can just feel Qui being drawn to her without really understanding why. Bravo on your first crack!ship! =D= You absoloutely must do another ;) :cool:
  5. kecen Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I haven't thought about Palpatine/Visas Mar in months! I'd probably do a very crack-filled rendition. Urk, but I have a set ammount of other priorities. I'm so bogged down XD
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.